• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

What was Chicago thinking?

Rate this topic

I dont know if anyone else has brought this up about Hossa signing with Chicago yet, but I was looking at their depth chart on capgeek.com and I noticed that Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane and Duncan Keith are all set to be RFAs next season. I dont expect them to get anything less than 5 mil/per as free agents or through arbitration. Did they just sign Hossa at the expense of a Toews or a Patrick Kane? Or is Hossa the one who made the mistake for not looking into this? If Chicago really gets in a bind, could it be possible that they deal Hossa at 5.2? I could see a bottom feeder giving a pretty penny for him at a reasonable cap hit.

Or is the GM just going to magically make this all work?

Itll be interesting for sure.

They will trade hossa to wings, holland arranged this. Wings will have 12m in cap space after next season and 7m of it to lids. Leaving around 5m left for the great hoss.

I believe Seabrook is a RFA or UFA the year after that as well.

This is going to be amusing.

eta:

Joel Quenneville coaches their team.

That should calm your fears.

Yes, this times 1000. Whenever I think of the Hawks, there is usually a LOL QUENNEVILLE thought in there that always brings a smile to my face.

Edited by EuroTwin

Joel Quenneville coaches their team.

That should calm your fears.

I have absolutely no fear about Chicago. I was merely pointing out that this could be a huge blunder of a signing if it means they lose Kane or Toews as a result.

I think this would have been a good signing if it puts them over the top. If winning a championship means losing one of your star players, then it works. But they gained Marian Hossa and lost Kabibulan and Havlat. I dont think Hossa would do that much better than Havlat in a 7 game series against the winged wheelers.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

All I know is that Hossa with that contract is great trade bait if need be. Other then that they really are going for it all next year, they'll have to pull out so good moves to keep the face of the team intact the next coming years.

2009-2010 CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS

FORWARDS

Marian Hossa $5,233,333

Patrick Sharp $3,900,000

Patrick Kane $3,725,000

Dave Bolland $3,375,000

Dustin Byfuglien $3,000,000

Jonathan Toews $2,800,000

John Madden $2,750,000

Andrew Ladd $1,550,000

Jack Skille $1,275,000

Tomas Kopecky $1,200,000

Jake Dowell $725,000

Adam Burish $712,500

* Troy Brouwer $675,000

* Colin Fraser $500,000

* Kris Versteeg $491,000

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Campbell $7,142,875

Brent Seabrook $3,500,000

* Cam Barker $2,751,000

Brent Sopel $2,333,333

Duncan Keith $1,475,000

Niklas Hjalmarsson $643,333

GOALTENDERS

Cristobal Huet $5,625,000

Antti Niemi $892,500

BUYOUTS

Curtis Brown $456,000

LOST VIA REENTRY WAIVERS

NONE

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (INCLUDING BONUSES)

ROSTER SIZE 23

SALARY CAP $56,800,000

PAYROLL $56,730,874

BONUS MONEY (ESTIMATED) (9.2% of cap) $5,225,000

CAP ROOM $69,126

CAP ROOM PER OPEN SPOT $0

this is with no raise for the ufa's using capgeek. should be fun being the hawks gm next july. though, kane and toews already make decent money, but will be getting raises. probably 5mil needs to be trimmed next offseason, or hossa ;)

I honestly think it's a possibility that hossa is on his way back at some point. Eventually chicago will have to make big decisions and the two young guns were there first. I respect hossa for not signing with a non contender and being loyal to the wings in his conference call today.

It's gonna take from now until next season to get over it tho... this is a real big stinger..

They're thinking Chicago Blackhawks, 2010 Stanley Cup Champions.

I swear to god they think they are. Talking with some of there fans and they think there all the sudden favored to win the West. They think that Wings, Ducks are not good anymore after what has happened today. They also told me that Hossa wants to be paired with Towes and Kane.

They will trade hossa to wings, holland arranged this. Wings will have 12m in cap space after next season and 7m of it to lids. Leaving around 5m left for the great hoss.

^This! although I think Lids will re-sign for more like $5m himself. The we get Hossa for 11 years at a lessor contract than the $6m he wanted! What a genius Holland is! (well unless he makes that one mistake this offseason) Shhhh, cannot mention any names....

I swear to god they think they are. Talking with some of there fans and they think there all the sudden favored to win the West. They think that Wings, Ducks are not good anymore after what has happened today. They also told me that Hossa wants to be paired with Towes and Kane.

That's a ridiculous waste of their talent to pair them all together. Oh, what bandwagon fans will say.

That's a ridiculous waste of their talent to pair them all together. Oh, what bandwagon fans will say.

Now there telling me this...

Well i think they have a trade or 2 to be made, they are allowed to go as far as 5% over the cap until a certen say in September i believe, so they have worked it perfectly so far

I know it's hard to believe it, but I very well think our chances are still great.

Look...

Hossa is gone, that's going to change a lot of things in terms of how players will HAVE to play.

Zetterberg is going to have to step up, 40+ goals

Franzen is going to have to score 40+ goals

Cleary has to step up his play in the regular season to ensure we win games, he's fantastic in the playoffs.

Filppula is going to have to play a bigger role, Number 2 center and is expected to break out.

Now there telling me this...

Well i think they have a trade or 2 to be made, they are allowed to go as far as 5% over the cap until a certen say in September i believe, so they have worked it perfectly so far

The Hawks need to trade Huet and Campbell, but no one is going to take on their horrible contracts. They are done with their trading.