• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MFox

Jack Johnson being shopped.. Trade for Hudler?

Rate this topic

Both are RFAs and both are probably going to get $2-$3 million a season.

Johnson is a hometown kid and is apparently a head case, depending on who you ask.

The Kings are deep on D and just signed Scuderi, so they can afford to move JJ.

Any interest?

We lose a forward but gain a young defenseman with TONS of potential, finally playing for the team he has always wanted to.

There's a reason why he's being shopped. Most overrated player in the league.

He's what? 22?

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Hudler for Johnson? In a second. It'd take considerably more than Hudler though.

Stuart and Hudler for Johnson?

I think a defenseman would need to be moved either way. We're way too close to the cap for comfort and we have $9 million dollars spent on our second D pairing alone.

I'd trade Hudler plus Stuart if Hudler had to be involved, assuming Stuart would waive the NTC. They'd probably as for Ericsson or Kronwall as part of any deal though.

Lidstrom/Raffi

Kronner/Johnson

Ericsson/Lilja

Meech

Now that's a nice D corps! Especially with Kindl, Pyett, Kolosov, and more waiting in the wings to move up.

Both are RFAs and both are probably going to get $2-$3 million a season.

Johnson is a hometown kid and is apparently a head case, depending on who you ask.

The Kings are deep on D and just signed Scuderi, so they can afford to move JJ.

Any interest?

We lose a forward but gain a young defenseman with TONS of potential, finally playing for the team he has always wanted to.

Im pretty sure that Jack is from Indianapolis. Although he did play for the U.S. development team and U of M, which are both in Ann Arbor, I dont know that i would consider him a "hometown kid".

I have a feeling that Ken Holland is comfortable with our current D situation, and will give players like Ericcson and Jakub Kindl larger rolls this season instead of trying to sign another young defensman.

I also dont see us not resigning Juri Hudler considering Hossa turned down a 10 year deal to go to Chicago of all places.

Im pretty sure that Jack is from Indianapolis. Although he did play for the U.S. development team and U of M, which are both in Ann Arbor, I dont know that i would consider him a "hometown kid".

I have a feeling that Ken Holland is comfortable with our current D situation, and will give players like Ericcson and Jakub Kindl larger rolls this season instead of trying to sign another young defensman.

I also dont see us not resigning Juri Hudler considering Hossa turned down a 10 year deal to go to Chicago of all places.

The trade is essentially trading Stuart for a younger, better, version of himself. In the process you gain much needed cap space.

He's not even close to being ready.

Are you guys nuts? You must not have watched him play during the season. He's absolutely DREADFUL. Plus, we need more offense than defense at this point.

Yeah, I get the 'we need offense now' argument, but this is a 22 yr old D-man w/ TONS of potential.

Yeah, I get the 'we need offense now' argument, but this is a 22 yr old D-man w/ TONS of potential.

So were Max Kuznetsov and Jesse Wallin... I'll pass on Johnson thanx.

So were Max Kuznetsov and Jesse Wallin... I'll pass on Johnson thanx.

Most King's fans think that Johnson was their best defenseman down the stretch last season.

Most King's fans think that Johnson was their best defenseman down the stretch last season.

Just to point out....better than Kuznetsov and Wallin....???? :rolleyes:

the possibility of this trade would work for both sides, but as someone said before Johnson is somewhat of a head case and is prone to taking a bad penalty that costs a team a game...e.g. 2005 World Juniors in vancouver, he took a penalty late in the 3rd that cost the US a valuable point and would have allowed them to get a day off before the semis, but they tied Norway in that game and had to then play a tough quarter final game before losing to Russia in the semis

I played with him on a couple of teams at prep school and the same thing happened all the time, but if the Wings were to think that Lidstrom could help set him straight then I would maybe go for it, but only time will tell

Are you guys nuts? You must not have watched him play during the season. He's absolutely DREADFUL. Plus, we need more offense than defense at this point.

Ya,but you cannot pass up on the potential of this kid. 22, played in LA, do you expect him to have Norris numbers? Put him on a team with Lidstrom and whamo! PLUS, it dumps Stuarts salary (if he would waive) and sets a VERY good, yound D corps for years to come! Trade Hudler/Meech/Stuart for Johnson and a pick...

We're already on record for dropping a defenseman, adding another one dosen't really make a whole lot of sense. Besides, all the holes in our roster now are forwards.

We're already on record for dropping a defenseman, adding another one dosen't really make a whole lot of sense. Besides, all the holes in our roster now are forwards.

Agreed. If Sammy signs somewhere else, a 20 goal scorer would be our top priority. We can't rely TOO much on GR.

Ya,but you cannot pass up on the potential of this kid. 22, played in LA, do you expect him to have Norris numbers? Put him on a team with Lidstrom and whamo! PLUS, it dumps Stuarts salary (if he would waive) and sets a VERY good, yound D corps for years to come! Trade Hudler/Meech/Stuart for Johnson and a pick...

They will be looking for some draft picks... but he will be GREAT player...