• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoe

The "Who Will You Miss Most Next Year" Poll

Rate this topic

Who will you miss the most?  

266 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will admit I voted for Kopecky. He was the most fun player to watch do absolutely nothing. He was useless, but it was always funny to watch him try and pull Hossa moves, and to run into people, only to bounce off. Never went a shift without ending up on his ass. Good times.

Hossa - Knew he was a rental when we signed him

Chelios - It's his time. He was limited last year.

Conklin - Trying to figure out how the Blues are getting to the Winter Classic at Fenway

Sammy - He was great for what we were paying him, but he took too much crap here.

Hudler - This one kind of stings, I've supported him against many folks for a while. At least he didn't go to Chicago.

Downey - Did he even hit 5 games this season?

Mac - See Downey

On a Mac-related note, I was privileged enough to be physically present and with an excellent vantage point for one of his final NHL fights against David Clarkson on November 8th, 2008. Had seats right behind the visitors' penalty box at the Joe and stood and cheered him on through that whole marathon wrestling match. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

Edited by ComradeWasabi

Honestly, anyone complaining about votes for Kopecky needs to think a second. I personally voted for Hudler, but Kopecky is the only NHL caliber player on that list (or among Wings regulars last season) who can and will throw down the gloves on any shift, and he wasn't even the worst forward of the 12 regulars the Wings played. You'd think he'd have been more popular on this board. As I have said before...Kopecky will surprise a lot of you as a Hawk with the kind of performance he puts out because he actually will get ice time in Chicago.

Honestly, anyone complaining about votes for Kopecky needs to think a second. I personally voted for Hudler, but Kopecky is the only NHL caliber player on that list (or among Wings regulars last season) who can and will throw down the gloves on any shift, and he wasn't even the worst forward of the 12 regulars the Wings played. You'd think he'd have been more popular on this board. As I have said before...Kopecky will surprise a lot of you as a Hawk with the kind of performance he puts out because he actually will get ice time in Chicago.

LOL give it up

i also had to go with my heart and vote mccarty.

he will always be the guy who got lemieux...

it was him or cheli, again for nostalgic purposes. i remember his first year a lot of fans weren't so pleased to have him here, to which i always replied "yeah, but now he's OUR little ball o' hate!"

i will miss yelling S O Gs every time sammy shot. watching Huds try to hit ppl, Conks saving our butts, Mac and Downey beating fools down, Cheli for being Cheli, Hossa making goalies look bad and Koko for trying