• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFanInPensCountry

Why I May Have It Worse Than Anyone Here

Rate this topic

As you can tell from my name I am a Wings fan in Pens country ( I live in OH 40 minutes from Mellon Arena). All my friends are Pens fans as well as everyone else here. But I make it well known that I HATE Pgh teams. My dad has HATED pgh sports since the sixties. ( I can't stress the HATE enough.) So it's how I was raised. Needless to say I didn't answer the phone or leave my house til just a few days ago.

But in late August I will return to my teaching job at a high school full of 16-18 year old pens fans, who i trash talked endlessly all year. Then it will all come back to me and it will be June 13th all over again...at least there are other ways by which I can make their lives miserable.

As you can tell from my name I am a Wings fan in Pens country ( I live in OH 40 minutes from Mellon Arena). All my friends are Pens fans as well as everyone else here. But I make it well known that I HATE Pgh teams. My dad has HATED pgh sports since the sixties. ( I can't stress the HATE enough.) So it's how I was raised. Needless to say I didn't answer the phone or leave my house til just a few days ago.

But in late August I will return to my teaching job at a high school full of 16-18 year old pens fans, who i trash talked endlessly all year. Then it will all come back to me and it will be June 13th all over again...at least there are other ways by which I can make their lives miserable.

From your first paragraph I thought that you were 16 years old.

At least as a teacher you still have the upper hand.

Guest Shoreline
Just flunk them all...they will just end up working at a steel factory anyway :tease: :tease:

Key word is "working", which, today, isn't really an insult. :lol:

Guest Shoreline
Oh man... I can see the responses now. "Detroit Red Wings fans are going to insult Pittsburgh's unemployment rate?"

I just found it interesting that a fellow Wings fan would kinda forget about his own area's local plight before (even jokingly) trash talking elsewhere.

"Did you see the house prices plummet in California?! HAHAHA LOSERS"

I think you're in a wonderful position to blackmail each and everyone of them with your teaching abilities. Extra credit to all students who come in with a Wings' jersey on. Call on the Pens fans who try to rub the loss in your face to answer difficult questions. Assign them all seats right under your nose.

I think you're in a wonderful position to blackmail each and everyone of them with your teaching abilities. Extra credit to all students who come in with a Wings' jersey on. Call on the Pens fans who try to rub the loss in your face to answer difficult questions. Assign them all seats right under your nose.

+1

You have the upper hand here.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports"

As a teacher, you should be into lifetime learning. You've now learned that as nice as it is to trash talk and be right, it's as strong or stronger in the negative when you trash talk and are wrong.

+1 (again)

do it :)

wingsfan,I see you jumping ship in the coming year. With the slide that the red wings are going to start on this season you will be a Pens fan very soon I predict. Welcome in advance to the city of Champions and HockeyCity USA

Oh yes,June 13th what a wonderful day. Believe it or not but that is also my birthday !

wingsfan,I see you jumping ship in the coming year. With the slide that the red wings are going to start on this season you will be a Pens fan very soon I predict. Welcome in advance to the city of Champions and HockeyCity USA

Oh yes,June 13th what a wonderful day. Believe it or not but that is also my birthday !

By the time the Red Wings empire is sunk your team will be tanking for draft picks again. Enjoy your decades of medicrity punctuated by brief flickers of success. I'm sure having 22.4 million dollars sunk into your goalie and top two centres won't have any effect on your (suddenly) favourite team's ability to stay competitive for the next 6 years. :rolleyes: What's that? You're paying your third line centre 4 million a year? 26.4 million dollars for your top 3 centres and goalie, eh? Brilliant. Enjoy having them cheap last year, because now the real juggling begins.

It's nice having Zetterberg AND Franzen for the price of one of your centres and a scrub winger.

Interesting note. The pioneers built the original settlement entirely out of the bandwagons they used to travel to its location

True Story

Interesting note. The pioneers built the original settlement entirely out of the bandwagons they used to travel to its location

True Story

a crude game of what is now knwon as hockey was played at the fort in 1759,it was noted that, that winter was very rough and long and the occupants of the Fort needed a way to keep warm and occupied during this time..Pittsburgh was known as HockeyCity USA by some accounts as early as 1836

+1

You have the upper hand here.

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports"

I haven't genuinely laughed out-loud to a post in a while. This post has broken that spell. Too funny. :clap:

sorry for the double post,here's the correction......

a crude game of what is now known as hockey was played at the fort in 1759 on the Monongahela River.It was noted that, that winter was very rough and long and the occupants of the Fort needed a way to keep warm and occupied during this time..Pittsburgh was known as HockeyCity USA by some accounts as early as 1836
Edited by Dan Bylsma

Better yet, have them write an essay on the History of the Detroit Red Wings 11 Stanley Cups.

Why would you have anything to worry about? We've met twice in the Finals and are 1-1. You should have as much ammo as they do, even more since when we beat them it was total domination.

That's why you never trash talk...

no i think i might have it just i tiny bit worse i live around cole harbour the people that wont admit anything wrong crosby does rest of the province hates him im stuck with them