• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Mike Grier's agent says he's 'interested' in Red Wings

Rate this topic

Yes! Grier was #1 on my list of "guys I hope we get". I'm not getting my hopes up because of the salary cap and what he'll probably command, but it's nice to know that he's interested and always lovely to hear people speak highly of the Wings.

Grier can come here for cheap, get some solid numbers playing his top hockey on a team that can pad his points and penalty minutes, then be considered a quality gritty veteran out there next year for one last run at some money.

By the way, he always seemed to play his best game against the Wings.

Guest mindfly

NOOOOOOOOOOOO i hate grier, dont want him here :(

Brutal skating...........

Edited by mindfly

Guest Shoreline

I couldn't be arsed to read the ENTIRE thread, but I wonder if anyone mentioned if Dats' dangle on Grier was impressionable with them on whether or not they think Grier should be signed. Just came to my head now and had to chuckle.

I couldn't be arsed to read the ENTIRE thread, but I wonder if anyone mentioned if Dats' dangle on Grier was impressionable with them on whether or not they think Grier should be signed. Just came to my head now and had to chuckle.

Beat me to it. It's good to know the interest is mutual.

Edit: Oh, and for the record, that collision between Grier and Clowe was all Clowe's fault.

I remeber watching Mike Grier in the playoffs for the Sharks in 07 and again in 08 and thought to myself, "Self, who is that guy? He's the only one on the Sharks that seems to be playing like he gives a damn".

A big YES to Mike Grier and as far as the salary, he made 1.75 last year. I would bet that he would take 1.0-1.5 to get a chance to play for the Wings.

As for Grier, I don't want him with the Wings. He's big and physical, but so what? We've gone to the Finals in each of the last two years without a big physical guy in our lineup.

I guess that depends on your definition. Certainly Big Rig is big and physical. Lilja's big but not so physical. Then there is (was) Kopy who was big and somewhat physical.

It's not only that Grier is big and physical. He is gritty and give 100%. You could say the same about Cleary. Now I'm not saying the Grier is as good as Cleary, but they play the same style and that's why I like him.

Yes to Grier. He seems like a good grinder and he's really not that old. Probably more effectively physical than Sammy and Kopy combined, probably a comparable skater, should be able to hit and not fall down (unless Clowe is nailing him in his groin). If he'll submit to a pay cut and time on the fourth, maybe third line, he'd be a great addition.

I guess that depends on your definition. Certainly Big Rig is big and physical. Lilja's big but not so physical. Then there is (was) Kopy who was big and somewhat physical.

It's not only that Grier is big and physical. He is gritty and give 100%. You could say the same about Cleary. Now I'm not saying the Grier is as good as Cleary, but they play the same style and that's why I like him.

Big Rig and Lilja are defensemen. What I should have said is "We didn't have any big FORWARDS for the last two years". Most of our forwards are fast two way players. To me adding Grier would be like adding a more physical version of Maltby and I don't want any Maltbys. Especially not with a spot on the second line that needs to be filled with at least a 20 goal scorer.

Wow. Wouldn't it be great if LGW had a place where we could discuss politics?

Please keep the discussion On topic. That topic is Mike Grier, as evidenced by the topic title.