No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Lils still not 100%

Rate this topic

Pour one out for Pain Train.

http://detnews.com/article/20090729/SPORTS...another-forward

Defensive depth

Holland said defenseman Andreas Lilja continues to suffer post-concussion like symptoms.

"He's not 100 percent," said Holland, who added Lilja will begin working out for training camp in the next few weeks. "He's feeling better than he was, but he's not where he wants to be."

Lilja was hurt during a Feb. 28 fight in Nashville against defenseman Shea Weber .

With Lilja's condition still uncertain, the Wings signed defenseman Andy Delmore for depth.

Delmore, 32, is expected to begin the season with the Wings' minor league affiliate Grand Rapids Griffins.

Delmore, 32, has played the last two seasons in Germany. He signed with the Red Wings before the 2005-06 season, but was waived.

Ugggggggg. Not a good sign. Didn't they say earlier that Stuart had concussion issues for a full season earlier in his career? Hopefully Lilja can eventually recover and get back on track like Stuart did.

Me thinks we may have seen the last of Lilja; chances are he'll be LTIR for this 2009/2010 season.

Really? Why do you think that? I don't remeber other players missing that much time due to their first concussion. I'm not a doctor but based on his injury and the time he has been out, your opinion seem to be a little (ok a lot) pessimistic.

Any doctors in the house who could weigh in?

With Lilja's condition still uncertain, the Wings signed defenseman Andy Delmore for depth.

How does that square with Holland's earlier comment about wanting to dump a D-man before the start of the next season???

Man that would suck to have constant headaches for the last five months.
Concussions can be very, very, nasty. A neighbor of ours slipped on ice in a parking lot and hit his head on the asphalt. It took him about two years for most of the neurological damage to heal. For about 8 months his short term memory was severely limited. Edited by Gizmo

Although Lilja isn't where he'd like to be I think it's a little premature to be thinking his career is over. If he does end up not being able to play again he'll be added to the long list of injured Wings defensemen who's careers were cut short.

Konstantinov

Fischer

Krupp

Hatcher

Hopefully Lilja makes a return, eve nif he has to sit out most of this season to recover. I think he's a very valuable asset to this team and I always liked the guy.

Well, maybe Lils will never paw Weber's face again during an 8-0 rout. That was pretty ******* stupid of him. Almost as dumb as that fight was.

Although Lilja isn't where he'd like to be I think it's a little premature to be thinking his career is over. If he does end up not being able to play again he'll be added to the long list of injured Wings defensemen who's careers were cut short.

Konstantinov

Fischer

Krupp

Hatcher

Hopefully Lilja makes a return, eve nif he has to sit out most of this season to recover. I think he's a very valuable asset to this team and I always liked the guy.

It's a disgrace to Konstantinov and Fischer to put Krupp in that category with them...

and as much as I like the hometown guy, I would hardly count Hatcher's 15 games in one season with us as being worthy of being on the same list as Konstantinov or Fischer either... especially since it was not the last season of his career...

Edited by stevkrause

It's a disgrace to Konstantinov and Fischer to put Krupp in that category with them...

and as much as I like the hometown guy, I would hardly count Hatcher's 15 games in one season with us as being worthy of being on the same list as Konstantinov or Fischer either... especially since it was not the last season of his career...

Detroit's Big defensemen have been having really bad luck. Pray for Ericsson!

This brings up the question what defensive options do we have if Lils can't play by the start of the Next season? We can't trade Lils if he's injured can we? If he can't play by next season are we still going to have to trade a defenseman after camp? Hopefully Lils will make some dramatic improment over the next month or so and be able to play when the season starts but if he can't than where does that leave us? Are we still ok if Lils can't play or do we need to think about bringin up Kindl early? I know it's a lot of questions but I just don't want to be lacking Defensively next season.

This brings up the question what defensive options do we have if Lils can't play by the start of the Next season? We can't trade Lils if he's injured can we? If he can't play by next season are we still going to have to trade a defenseman after camp? Hopefully Lils will make some dramatic improment over the next month or so and be able to play when the season starts but if he can't than where does that leave us? Are we still ok if Lils can't play or do we need to think about bringin up Kindl early? I know it's a lot of questions but I just don't want to be lacking Defensively next season.

If he's still out, you just roll with the 6 we got... and that's after one is dealt... Kindl only gets brought up under extreme circumstances - Lilja does not return, we trade away one of Meech/Lebda AND one of our 6 gets injured after that...

that's a lot of variables... and even then, I think there's a better chance of Delmore being brought up, while Kindl plays top 2 pairing minutes in GR, thats why he was signed imo

I was never a Lilja fan. Lebda is just as good in my opinion. Also, I would rather have Lilja not fight, he loses 75% of them. Ericsson can fill his spot just fine.

Well, maybe Lils will never paw Weber's face again during an 8-0 rout. That was pretty ******* stupid of him. Almost as dumb as that fight was.

yeah and it was pretty dumb of Malarchuk to try and get in the way of this puck here

Edited by skacore

ALl this was was a list of big defensemen that the Wings have had who sustained significant injuries. I wasn't claiming that Krupp or Hatcher were of the same skill level or had the same personal integrity or any thing other than the fact they were big guys who got hurt. How you could take offense and say it's a disgrace is beyond me when it's simply a list of guys who were hurt. Not to mention that Hatcher's career was changed entirely after his knee injury. He went from being one of the better defensemen in the league to a slow, defensive liability on the ice.

Take it down a notch bud and realize this had nothing to do with their skill. All it had to do with was the fact they got hurt.

I'm dying to see how you feel the two are related, besides being events that happened in the physical universe.

they are both random, unfortunate events that happened playing hockey

they are both random, unfortunate events that happened playing hockey

Lilja made the conscious decision to slam a guy down from behind in the middle of a rout, Malarchuk was just playing hockey. The odds are little higher you're going to get punched in the face in a hockey fight than get your throat slit while standing in your goal crease.

Lilja made the conscious decision to slam a guy down from behind in the middle of a rout, Malarchuk was just playing hockey. The odds are little higher you're going to get punched in the face in a hockey fight than get your throat slit while standing in your goal crease.

wow really? i wasn't aware of that

hey did you know robert lang doesn't really wear an eye glass?

Guest Shoreline
I can see why you'd make the comparison, then.

I have direct visual footage to the contrary:

shityeahbob.jpg

Captain Robert "Strider" Hook.