• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukownzU13

Sportsnet: Hudler awarded 2 year deal 5m total; Still KHL bound

Rate this topic

so now I can officially and finally do this!

:banana: :carrot: :yahoo: (for a couple of years at least!)

YAY!! we just lost a 25 year old scorer who hasnt even reached his full potential! I just hate guys who will probably score 30+ goals. Goals be damned, hockey is about fighting... after all the teams who've won the cup the last two years have benn FULL of enforcers.

Ill be interested to see how he does in the KHL.

I dont know what his living arangements are in Detroit but will be curious to see if he sells his place in Detroit.

YAY!! we just lost a 25 year old scorer who hasnt even reached his full potential! I just hate guys who will probably score 30+ goals. Goals be damned, hockey is about fighting... after all the teams who've won the cup the last two years have benn FULL of enforcers.

LeftWinger hates Hudler on such a base level you'd have to assume Hudler raped his sister or something.

Yeah - sure...Hudler a 30 goal scorer...Not on this team.

FYI nobody here is clamoring for a team full of thugs...Just 2-4 regulars whom don't mind the rough stuff every now, and then...Think back to 1997/1998 seasons.

How is it a huge jump for Hudler to go from 23 to 30 goals when he's got amazing hands and puts up more points every year? Hudler's got the shot of a pure sniper. Give him more than 13 minutes a night and he'd hit 30 goals.

Guest E_S_A_D

You sir, are delusional with your Jiri Hudler crush. Jiri is a talented, but small forward that is a direct result of exceptional players surrounding him.

Jiri doesn't fit in the NHL anyhow, he won't be seeing too much of the above video where he's headed... Congratulations Jiri.

You sir, are delusional with your Jiri Hudler crush. Jiri is a talented, but small forward that is a direct result of exceptional players surrounding him.

Jiri doesn't fit in the NHL anyhow, he won't be seeing too much of the above video where he's headed... Congratulations Jiri.

Yeah, his 23 goals and 57 points last season clearly indicate that he doesn't fit in the NHL. :rolleyes:

Guest Shoreline

Indeed. And Brashear's career was ended by McSorley's stick to the head. Can't imagine he'd ever take more than that.

Paul Kariya's career was ended with a Scott Stevens hit.

Damn, hockey players are such wusses.

Meanwhile, tough guy Andreas Lilja bothered to fight, got clocked in the head, and returned the next shift to play again. Wings need more tough guys like that.

Edited by Shoreline

my dislike for Hudler has nothing to do with having fighters. I'll take a team fullof Datsyuks over a team full of fighters, I just don't like Hudler... Ironic after all the debate of how much he is worth around the NHL outside of our cap issues, all the numbers thrown around, $3M, $4M, $5M per season, the rumor that Holland offered $3.5 and he turned it down, the fact that he can get more elsewhere, isn'*** SO ironic that the arbitration that he filed for to get more money, only awarded him $2.5M per season!! :lol: Should have taken the $3.5 (if was a real offer!)

Good bye Jiri! Have fun! See you around! IF maybe you come back, you can be on our 4th line again!!!! :lol: only $2.5M!!! I guess he is not worth more than Filppula after-all! :hysterical:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
my dislike for Hudler has nothing to do with having fighters. I'll take a team fullof Datsyuks over a team full of fighters, I just don't like Hudler... Ironic after all the debate of how much he is worth around the NHL outside of our cap issues, all the numbers thrown around, $3M, $4M, $5M per season, the rumor that Holland offered $3.5 and he turned it down, the fact that he can get more elsewhere, isn'*** SO ironic that the arbitration that he filed for to get more money, only awarded him $2.5M per season!! :lol: Should have taken the $3.5 (if was a real offer!)

Good bye Jiri! Have fun! See you around! IF maybe you come back, you can be on our 4th line again!!!! :lol: only $2.5M!!! I guess he is not worth more than Filppula after-all! :hysterical:

Filppula did not go to arbitration hearing, and if he did you can bet he would not have gotten 3 million for 5 years. In general Arbitration signings are only one year, and seeing as we were paying for the future val, not the current one, he would have most probably gotten somewhere in the 2 mill to 2.5 range. At the time of Val's signing everyone on this site was screaming overpayment, but understood we weren't paying him 3 mil for the first 2 years, but for the last 3 where he would have hopefully been worth much more then his present cap hit. Needless to say, I feel that signing worked out, but considering Hudler was supposdly offered 3.5 million a year for a shorter term contract, then evidence points agaisnt your point of Filpulla being wroth more then Hudler.

You really need to give this Hudler hate thing up, it's fine if you do, but seriously no one cares/finds it remotely funny. J. Develanno boldly stated on his interview on toronto's radio station that the Wings were desperattly trying to resign Hudler, but never forsaw the KHL intervening. If your job offered you a promotion (ala more icetime/responsibilty) complete with a salary almost 3 times as much as you could be prospectivily making (with Russia's no tax rule to be considered) you cannot tell me you wouldn't take it. Hudler did probably leave for "greedy reasons"but you're holding everyone to the same presedent Feds left when he LEFT FOR LESS MONEY, (allthough at that point Fed had allready held out on the wing's once, and had allready made enough money to last a lifetime, so in my eyes him leaving for more minutes/big fish small pong thing was certainly greedy).

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Yeah - sure...Hudler a 30 goal scorer...Not on this team.

FYI nobody here is clamoring for a team full of thugs...Just 2-4 regulars whom don't mind the rough stuff every now, and then...Think back to 1997/1998 seasons.

he scored 23 with 3rd line minutes last year, and as i mentioned earlier he hasnt even hit his prime yet. The NHL is a much different game from the 90's version.

I'm thinking that he originally wanted to stay with the Wings. That's why he filed for arbitration which is merely a chess move so that no other NHL team can negotiate with him until the arbitration hearing.

My guess is that he was approached by the KHL AFTER he filed for arbitration. And I don't blame him, not many people would turn down that kind of offer.

He's gone now let's move on...

You really need to give this Hudler hate thing up, it's fine if you do, but seriously no one cares/finds it remotely funny. J. Develanno boldly stated on his interview on toronto's radio station that the Wings were desperattly trying to resign Hudler, but never forsaw the KHL intervening. If your job offered you a promotion (ala more icetime/responsibilty) complete with a salary almost 3 times as much as you could be prospectivily making (with Russia's no tax rule to be considered) you cannot tell me you wouldn't take it. Hudler did probably leave for "greedy reasons"but you're holding everyone to the same presedent Feds left when he LEFT FOR LESS MONEY, (allthough at that point Fed had allready held out on the wing's once, and had allready made enough money to last a lifetime, so in my eyes him leaving for more minutes/big fish small pong thing was certainly greedy).

You misconstrue what you see! I don't dislike Hudler because he went to arbitration or signed n the KHL for more. I don't dislike him for leaving or not taking a hometown discount. I have never liked him, even while he was under contract and playing in GRR. There are just some players who people do not like, even if they play for your hometown team. I am not faulting him for leaving for more money, good for him, Detgroit just didn't have the Cap to keep him. So, I could care less if he left or re-signed, but I am so glad he left! Maybe he'll come back, and if he does, I still won't like him.

I am glad he's gone, so now we can talk about current Wings and not former, because that is what Hudler now is, a FORMER Wing...

Bye Bye! Jiri McGreedy!

I am glad he's gone, so now we can talk about current Wings and not former, because that is what Hudler now is, a FORMER Wing...

Oh yeah, you're the one with the friend who hates Lidstrom but can't explain why. There's always a reason.

As much as I was like, "Hudler's gone, deal with it" I'm going to miss the creepy little guy. He's a damn good player to be sure. The team is going to have to fill that void somehow, and I think more than anything it's going to have to be with defensive play. Flip will need to step up some, Leino will need to step up big time, and we're going to have to have minimal injuries.

We're going to have to have minimal injuries.

I was thinking of starting a new thread about that. Some here would say the injuries to Kronwall and Schneider cost the Wings a cup in '07. Even more now say the ridiculous list of injuries this past playoff run cost them another. They gotta fix that. Hire someone to the organization to play God. But how?

I was thinking of starting a new thread about that. Some here would say the injuries to Kronwall and Schneider cost the Wings a cup in '07. Even more now say the ridiculous list of injuries this past playoff run cost them another. They gotta fix that. Hire someone to the organization to play God. But how?

No, they just have to help Hank realize his true potential: scoring 40 goals a season, 90 points and becoming a faith healer. They can change the name on the back of the jersey to Jesusberg. He can already walk... err, skate on water :thumbup:

No, they just have to help Hank realize his true potential: scoring 40 goals a season, 90 points and becoming a faith healer. They can change the name on the back of the jersey to Jesusberg. He can already walk... err, skate on water :thumbup:

Niiiice. This comment is all kinds of win to me.

Zetterberg should have a Z, not an A (or when the time comes a C) on his jersey. Someone on this board once did a photoshop of WWZD bracelets. What would Zesus do? It was genius.

And the skating on water comment - I hate that I didn't think of that myself because that's so simple and actually true. Zesus skates on water. If I ever find a way to make my own poster or fathead I am totally stealing that design.

Start with this:

1170897702XX8aFR.jpg

Except have this picture in its place with whiny face drowning into an eternity in which he endlessly suffers through all the circles of hell.

zetterberg-henrik-392-cp-080531.jpg

I order any of you who have access to the proper equipment to plagiarize!

The offer was 3 million for 3, 4 or 5 years (Hudler's choice). He may have gone as high as 3.5, people have said that. We do know that he at least offered 3 million.

The 2.5 million dollar arbitration award? Holland debunked that last night. It was never true.