• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DatsyukownzU13

Sportsnet: Hudler awarded 2 year deal 5m total; Still KHL bound

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted
Man, I wasn't going to gloat at all, but you were wrong. We pretty much butted heads over this back and forth until I said, "screw it until the arbitration hearing happens". It happened, the Wings lost Hudler. You went over and over how if they accepted the award, he could not go to the KHL. Your big argument was that Medvedev was NOT going to register Hudler's contract, so he was going to remain in the NHL. The KHL did register it. You were wrong.

s*** man, I'll take your word for it. All anybody has to do is tell me Eva is wrong about something and I'm on board. :D

I love when Eva's wrong. Not because it means I may have been right about something. Just because it gnaws at his very being to be wrong about anything. And that is truly priceless..........................................................and fuggin' funny as hell too.

I still like ya Eva.

Haha. Yeah, in all honesty, I'm like many others on here in that I just don't see eye to eye with him much of the time. But I gotta give him some props. At least he stands up for what he believes in. It's odd. I disagree with him so much and yet that's actually why I look for his opinion.

s*** man, I'll take your word for it. All anybody has to do is tell me Eva is wrong about something and I'm on board. :D

I love when Eva's wrong. Not because it means I may have been right about something. Just because it gnaws at his very being to be wrong about anything. And that is truly priceless..........................................................and fuggin' funny as hell too.

Lol, I know. The thing is, he's wrong all... the... time and he can NEVER admit it. It's friggin' piss funny.

Hmmmm.... i find myself agreeing with Eva more than I disagree with him.

I also always appreciate anyone who actually takes the time to use stats to back up their opinion.

I also always appreciate anyone who actually takes the time to use stats to back up their opinion.

Really? Did I ever mention Downey was a point scoring machine?

4 Games, 1 Goal, 1 Assist which means a 0.5Ppg (points per game) rating. Thats just on 4th line minutes on 5 mins per game. Mating these stats creates an offspring on mini-stats as follows.

82 games on the 4th line = 41 points (20 goals, 21 assists maybe)

82 games on the 2nd line with three times the minutes = 123 points (62 goals, 61 assists)

So with just ONE PLAYER we have nearly overturned that 80 goal loss from last season. Plus, Downey is awesome and kicks anyones ass. Arnt stats a wonderful thing?

Lol, I know. The thing is, he's wrong all... the... time and he can NEVER admit it. It's friggin' piss funny.

LOL you are 100% correct. And I am absolutely loving this back and forth between him, and well -- everyone.

You guys shouldn't talk about him like he's not here. That's rude. :lol:

You say that as if there is such a thing as "Internet manners". I think this thread clearly demonstrates there isn't.

You guys shouldn't talk about him like he's not here. That's rude. :lol:

Meh. Id say everything I said RIGHT TO HIS CYBER FACE if he was here. Im not scared of him. Id eFight him anyday *drops the eGloves* :ph34r:

Guest E_S_A_D

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=2975

He makes $2,000,000 a year and scored 94 points. He also is a constant force on the ice. Look up B. Boyes numbers last year, top 20 in the league... Jiri is a 57 point scorer, and those that say 'he hasn't reaches his potential' are right... he did so back in 2004 when he scored 90+ points in AAA. AAA or KHL is perfect for him. Now, I have a busy workday... please, don't make me school the Drake's, Doggy's, or SouthernWingsFans much further with actual statistics and numbers, rather than pure man crushes.

Now, for those with the man love for Jiri, please show me in the cap world where he is worth much more than $2,000,000 a year? Seriously... it's absurd that this argument exists. The arbitrator ruled $2.75 mill and $3 million for him, we should all be sending KHL flowers for offering him their absurd contract and getting him out of a Wings uniform.

Guest Shoreline

If Zach Parise made 2 million it would be the way he structured his average 3.1m/year salary, either for the Devils cap or on an entry level contract. I.e. in 2007 he signed a 4 year 12.5 million dollar deal. This is why I always scrutinize the numbers people give.

Even if his average is 3.1 million, he's not getting market value, which is reasonably what any player should expect, and guaranteed if he keeps this up he will be demanding a lot more than 3.1m average per season -- and the Devils are known to be wary about spending anything. Anyways, pointing to him as some sort of status quo would be like suggesting that because Paul Kariya took well below the league average at 1.2m for a season in Colorado years back that other players should be expected to do the same. In reality, it won't happen, and Huds should be expected fair pay for his contributions. However, since Huds is a popular punching bag here, that sort of logic likely isn't going to enter the equation.

Edited by Shoreline

You're missing my point...

Why are you including his salary info at all, then? He is going to make oodles of money next year when he's RFA.

Here are some guys that scored in the 50-60 point range, that are not on Entry Level deals, and the money they're making:

Dave Bolland, 47 points, $3.375M cap hit.

Nick Antropov, 59 points, $4M cap hit.

Nik Zherdev, 58 points, awarded $3.9M by arbiter.

Tuomo Ruutu, 54 points, $3.8 cap hit.

Michael Ryder, 53 points, $4M cap hit.

Kris Versteeg, 53 points, $3.1M cap hit.

Martin Erat, 50 points, $4.5M cap hit.

Saku Koivu, 50 points, $4.5 cap hit.

And then there are guys that are signed to bad contracts that scored in Hudler territory but make significantly more, like Scott Gomez and Chris Drury.

The money, in relation to his peers, is fair. It just happens to be that the Wings can't afford it.

Guest E_S_A_D
The money, in relation to his peers, is fair. It just happens to be that the Wings can't afford it.

Thank goodness. Goodbye Jiri.

This "Hudler doesn't deserve that kind of money" argument is getting old.

Nikolai Zherdev, cap hit: 2.5, 58 points

John Madden, cap hit: 2.939, 23 points

Nick Boynton, cap hit: 2.95, 21 points

Niclas Havelid, cap hit: 2.7, 19 points

Mike Knuble, cap hit: 2.8, 47 points

Brendan Morrison, cap hit: 2.75, 31 points

Kyle Calder, cap hit: 2.7, 27 points

Todd Marchant, cap hit: 2.518, 18 points

Patrick O'Sullivan, cap hit: 2.925, 43 points

Alexander Frolov, cap hit: 2.9, 59 points

Erik Cole, cap hit: 2.9, 42 points

Mikhail Grabovski, cap hit 2.9, 48 points

Matt Cullen, cap hit 2.875, 43 points

Blake Wheeler, cap hit 2.825, 45 points

Wojtek Wolski, cap hit 2.8, 42 points

Dan Cleary, cap hit 2.8, 40 points

Antoine Vermette, cap hit: 2.763, 41 points

Owen Nolan, cap hit: 2.750, 45 points

Tomas Plekanec, cap hit: 2.750, 39 points

Kyle Turris, cap hit: 2.696, 20 points.

In comparison, Hudler was awarded a cap hit of 2.875 for a 57 point season playing primarily on the third line. Based on his current trends and the trends of every other hockey player in history, he has yet to hit his prime, which means that 57 points will most likely get higher, especially if he is promoted from playing with Sammuelson and Cleary type players, and starts working with Fillppulla and Franzen types. Out of all those players listed above, only two put up better numbers than Hudler. One gets paid more than him, and the other one is rumored to have demanded a 4+M contract and will most likely end up in the KHL. All the other players have put up equal or less points than him, and for around the same cap hit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/players/profile?playerId=2975

He makes $2,000,000 a year and scored 94 points. He also is a constant force on the ice. Look up B. Boyes numbers last year, top 20 in the league... Jiri is a 57 point scorer, and those that say 'he hasn't reaches his potential' are right... he did so back in 2004 when he scored 90+ points in AAA. AAA or KHL is perfect for him. Now, I have a busy workday... please, don't make me school the Drake's, Doggy's, or SouthernWingsFans much further with actual statistics and numbers, rather than pure man crushes.

Now, for those with the man love for Jiri, please show me in the cap world where he is worth much more than $2,000,000 a year? Seriously... it's absurd that this argument exists. The arbitrator ruled $2.75 mill and $3 million for him, we should all be sending KHL flowers for offering him their absurd contract and getting him out of a Wings uniform.

Wow, I must've made some type of impression to be specifically mentioned. You want me to care about you "schooling" other people or get mad that you are yanking my chain. Sorry, I don't.

You can do all the analyzing and statistics all you want until your fingers are more worn out than eva unit zero's from typing all those numbers. It isn't going to change anything though. You don't think he's worth whatever amount to be in the NHL. Fine. Others still do though, and just because others disagree with you doesn't make them have man love or man crushes or whatever other personal attacks you want to give for the day. Your "analyses" or personal attacks aren't going to sway people's opinions, and vice versa to the ones that support Hudler.

Newflash: Nothing ever changes for either side of the debate regarding this, fighting/enforcers, goaltenders, whatever. Nothing has changed and nothing ever will at least from people in here trying to debate. If this makes you sleep easier at night or means you think that I don't "get it" or cannot prove his worth or that you got me, okay. I don't care that badly to prove it or counter, because I probably can't do it or do it to your liking, and honestly I don't really want to. I don't want to try. Trying sucks. It's not worth my time to try to prove my worth to you. Sorry.

Guest E_S_A_D
Wow, I must've made some type of impression to be specifically mentioned. You want me to care about you "schooling" other people or get mad that you are yanking my chain. Sorry, I don't.

You can do all the analyzing and statistics all you want until your fingers are more worn out than eva unit zero's from typing all those numbers. It isn't going to change anything though. You don't think he's worth whatever amount to be in the NHL. Fine. Others still do though, and just because others disagree with you doesn't make them have man love or man crushes or whatever other personal attacks you want to give for the day. Your "analyses" or personal attacks aren't going to sway people's opinions, and vice versa to the ones that support Hudler.

Newflash: Nothing ever changes for either side of the debate regarding this, fighting/enforcers, goaltenders, whatever. Nothing has changed and nothing ever will at least from people in here trying to debate. If this makes you sleep easier at night or means you think that I don't "get it" or cannot prove his worth or that you got me, okay. I don't care that badly to prove it or counter, because I probably can't do it or do it to your liking, and honestly I don't really want to. I don't want to try. Trying sucks. It's not worth my time to try to prove my worth to you. Sorry.

Woahhhhhh! :thumbup:

Man, I wasn't going to gloat at all, but you were wrong. We pretty much butted heads over this back and forth until I said, "screw it until the arbitration hearing happens". It happened, the Wings lost Hudler. You went over and over how if they accepted the award, he could not go to the KHL. Your big argument was that Medvedev was NOT going to register Hudler's contract, so he was going to remain in the NHL. The KHL did register it. You were wrong.

Look it up.

I said (paraphrase) "If Medvedev follows his word and the KHL treat arbitration like a contract and do not register Hudler's contract unless the Wings walk away" then there is no way Hudler can play in the KHL unless the Wings do walk away, as then the KHL would register Hudler's deal before any other NHL team could sign him. As that situation never occurred (the KHL registered his contract before the hearing) then what I said was based on a fictional situation.

Analogy:

We both state we are entering chocolate cakes in a cake-baking competition. I talk trash from moment one that mine will beat yours. At the last moment, you decide to bake a spice cake instead, and finish first while I take second prize. Was I wrong? No; you had no chocolate cake for me to beat. You entered a spice cake which did not follow the situation I was referring to, which was two chocolate cakes.

Does that clarify it?

You don't appear to understand that certain things must occur in an if:then timeline for the latter things to follow as stated. I provided a possible if:then timeline where the ifs did not complete as I posted. And therefore, I was not wrong about Hudler.