• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

Does Ericsson make Lilja expendable?

Rate this topic

Ericssion-Lilja  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ericsson makes Lebda expendable, as well as Meech and Chelios who is now gone.

Lilja was one of our best and most consistent d-men last year. And besides the chicks love him.

And by "the chicks" do you mean... you?

Does Ericsson make Lilja expendable?

And let's pretend that Lilja is 100% and won't be on LTIR.

I say no. Some people will probably laugh at me for this but I just haven't seen anything that would make me feel confident enough to say that Ericsson is better than Lilja defensively.

if lilja was 100% then have ericsson as a good 7th defensman but in real life lilja has serious injuries and how many teams want to trade for a guy you cant play and is unsure when he can play?

Ericsson makes Lebda expendable, as well as Meech and Chelios who is now gone.

Lilja was one of our best and most consistent d-men last year. And besides the chicks love him.

Ericsson does pretty well too. He "accidentally" touched HR40's boob during an autograph signing. AND Rabia's a doctor, don't ya know-- she's quite the catch.

Ericsson does pretty well too. He "accidentally" touched HR40's boob during an autograph signing. AND Rabia's a doctor, don't ya know-- she's quite the catch.

She probably still hasn't gotten over it. :D

But Ericsson doesn't have Lilja's manly beard. He couldn't grow s*** during the playoffs last year from what I remember.

She probably still hasn't gotten over it. :D

But Ericsson doesn't have Lilja's manly beard. He couldn't grow s*** during the playoffs last year from what I remember.

Wasn't it her boob he was autographing?

Can we say "boob" here :unsure:

Haha. You're both right. :lol:

Lilja/ Ericsson would be the best 3rd pair in the league. Would also like to see some Lidstrom/ Ericsson time this year. They played well together during Rafalski's absence.

Unfortunately, as someone who has dealt with post concussion syndrome for 22 years now, I think Lilja is going to be paired with asprin ( or substitute ) for the better part of this year, If not forever. I'm not a doctor, but if he is still having daily headaches 5 months later, His career is going to be put on hold for at least a year. From what I've read it is a swollen artery issue from a blunt force trauma to the head. That means a possible aneurism at any time. Much different injury from brain slamming up against the inside of the skull, which is what I experienced. My thoughts are that Lilja will be joining Jiri Fischer in the player development area of the team. Another defensive talent taken away too soon. I'd kind of be a little scared if I were Big Rig, looking at the teams history with promising defensive talent. ( disclaimer: I am knocking really hard on wood as I say this last part ).

My thoughts are that Lilja will be joining Jiri Fischer in the player development area of the team. Another defensive talent taken away too soon. I'd kind of be a little scared if I were Big Rig, looking at the teams history with promising defensive talent. ( disclaimer: I am knocking really hard on wood as I say this last part ).

Your post sent me into a state of denial. My hope is that the Ilitch family has some of the latest experimental medical care at their disposal and worse case situation they try someone with Lils.

It's some sort of curse as if the hockey Gods do not want the Wings to have defensemen with size who play physical. You're right. If I were Stewie or Jonny I would run.

Lilja/ Ericsson would be the best 3rd pair in the league. Would also like to see some Lidstrom/ Ericsson time this year. They played well together during Rafalski's absence.

Unfortunately, as someone who has dealt with post concussion syndrome for 22 years now, I think Lilja is going to be paired with asprin ( or substitute ) for the better part of this year, If not forever. I'm not a doctor, but if he is still having daily headaches 5 months later, His career is going to be put on hold for at least a year. From what I've read it is a swollen artery issue from a blunt force trauma to the head. That means a possible aneurism at any time. Much different injury from brain slamming up against the inside of the skull, which is what I experienced. My thoughts are that Lilja will be joining Jiri Fischer in the player development area of the team. Another defensive talent taken away too soon. I'd kind of be a little scared if I were Big Rig, looking at the teams history with promising defensive talent. ( disclaimer: I am knocking really hard on wood as I say this last part ).

I just knocked on wood too. I can't wait to watch Ericsson's career with the Wings over the next 15 years (I've got him penciled in until age 40 :lol:).

Your post sent me into a state of denial. My hope is that the Ilitch family has some of the latest experimental medical care at their disposal and worse case situation they try someone with Lils.

I was with the doctor that Lilja is seeing for a few years. I can say that he is getting very competent care, and that no avenue of treatment is being left out. But, the human body is a very strange machine and doctors are only "practicing" medicine which means that they have not perfected it. I wish the best for Lils. He's my unsung hero on the team.