• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

We lost 88 goals and get back 76 goals - Good Job Kenny!

Rate this topic

Guest zackmorris

Whoever upped this to rub it in the face of the topic poster is a *****. Hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to point the finger of mockery when someone is wrong or is optimistic. He actually wasn't that far off.

You know what? Injuries set some of his predictions a little off course. They've set our entire season of course because let's be honest, this season was the biggest freak coincidence of injuries we've possibly ever had. Of course we're not going to score that much when a ton of scorers are out and when they're not, we're struggling to regain chemistry. That is going to have an effect on other scorers as well, who sometimes get the bulk of their points from certain players netting goals and giving them assists, or feeding them pucks to get goals themselves. And if it's not consistent linemates being injured, it's the unfortunately necessary line juggling that will kill the ability to mesh with anyone you're paired with. Scoring will just naturally decrease.

So why not look at their goals per game pace? And equate it to if they played a full season?

Bert - 20 goals over an 82 game span. Spot on with the original prediction thus far, give or take an increase or decrease until the end of the season.

Williams - 15 goals. 5 goals off. Oh well.

Eaves - 16 goals. Double the prediction. If nothing else this makes up for Williams.

Ericsson - 5 goals. 8 was predicted. Not far off.

Flip - 15 goals. Again only 5 off. He's definitely a defensive forward and will never be a true 30 goal scorer, so people need to stop expecting so much. Look at his style of play. He's like a mini-Datsyuk and I'd say actually works harder on defense. He's not as good though. But still.

Miller - 13 goals. No prediction but decent offensive contribution from a bottom 6 player.

Leino - Bombed. No one can be faulted for predicting anything from him, as he just s*** the bed out of nowhere. He had an unfortunate mix of an injured team and a bad season of adjusting and now he's gone.

We'd have gained 84 goals. Granted it's from 6 ot 7 players as opposed to the 88 goals we got from 4 (3 realistically) but really, the whole "losing goals" thing was always a stupid argument anyway. Teams lose and gain "goals" every season and it's never talked about. And no one performs exactly the same from year to year. It's just a foolish thing to debate. What did we have in the year before we got Hossa and the year after? No one brings that up.

I don't know what the rep of the topic poster was like when he was here but I know a good ton of people here would've certainly fared alot worse if they'd predicted goal totals from those players.

Edited by zackmorris

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Gee, what a surprise. Someone bumps this thread in order to ***** and to point fingers at anyone who was optimistic.

Edit: A further surprise: it's you. Who are you trying to convince, and why?

Very true words. Predictions are predictions for a reason.

Guest zackmorris
Because for some players, it is not reasonable to expect them to paly for a full season.

No I know that, but it's easier than trying to predict how many games they would play.

Gee, what a surprise. Someone bumps this thread in order to ***** and to point fingers at anyone who was optimistic.

And it's pretty much just as damned annoyed for you telling people off as well in the exact opposite fashion.

And on the thread topic specifically, predictions may have been incorrect but nobody could've forecasted these injuries. Winhgs defintely aren't playing well, but injuries have been a factor in the equation.

Why don't you, zachmorris, Howardhedoit, and ElizabethGangsta go play "Hide and Go f*** Yourself." Ok, now that senseless act is done....sorry, but did anyone actually read my post?

I didn't rip on the original poster, didn't *****, didn't point fingers. Just brought it back to have us look back at it, is all. And I did say I missed Snazzy. The optimism was nice. (Thanks to those who pointed this out--I know you have a choice when deciding to read LGW message board posts, and RedWingAbner would like to thank you for not immediately taking the opportunity to hate on me).

Edited by RedWingAbner

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Why don't you, zachmorris, Howardhedoit, and ElizabethGangsta go play "Hide and Go f*** Yourself." Ok, now that senseless act is done....sorry, but did anyone actually read my post?

I didn't rip on the original poster, didn't *****, didn't point fingers. Just brought it back to have us look back at it, is all. And I did say I missed Snazzy. The optimism was nice. (Thanks to those who pointed this out--I know you have a choice when deciding to read LGW message board posts, and RedWingAbner would like to thank you for not immediately taking the opportunity to hate on me).

1) I assumed it was sarcasm, given your track record. Sarcasm is hard to transmit over the internet, Lack of intelligence and douchebaggery are not, which is why people assume the worst with you.

2) You honestly expect us to believe that you brought this up to say "Wow, this guy was mildly correct"? Please

1) I assumed it was sarcasm, given your track record. Sarcasm is hard to transmit over the internet, Lack of intelligence and douchebaggery are not, which is why people assume the worst with you.

2) You honestly expect us to believe that you brought this up to say "Wow, this guy was mildly correct"? Please

I didn't post that, either. I just bumped it up and said I missed the guy because LGW has descended into an ogre's party. I won't quibble with you over who is more intelligent or who is what, etc, etc, etc. If by "people," you mean you and 3 others, then I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Guest zackmorris

Nah, sorry I'm not buying it. No one ups a thread like this, with a history of sarcastic remarks in a friendly manner.

Nah, sorry I'm not buying it. No one ups a thread like this, with a history of sarcastic remarks in a friendly manner.

Hey, what is Kelly and Screech up to these days? Mr. Belding?

Edited by Rivalred

Damn. I was hoping for your endorsement, too. :)

I understand the irony of trying to argue against an accusation of my sarcasm with a sarcastic comment. In all seriousness, it's fine for you to not buy it, but considering how snarky I am (generally) and how angry people have been (lately), I figured it'd be nice to at least have something positive to look at. Anyways...