• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

40#1Fan

KHL After McCarty

Rate this topic

Normally I would be pretty pissed off after hearing of yet another NHLer moving to the KHL. But in this case, I actually hope it happens. McCarty is obviously not good enough anymore to play in the NHL. So I think he should definitely go to the KHL. That way he can still make a living playing hockey. I wish D-Mac the best. Hope he plays somewhere.

What? :angry:

If he was in our lineup last year, we would have won the Stanley Cup. He would have punched Talbot in the face early in game 7, and we would have won 1-0 on Ericsson's only goal.

Guest micah
What? :angry:

If he was in our lineup last year, we would have won the Stanley Cup. He would have punched Talbot in the face early in game 7, and we would have won 1-0 on Ericsson's only goal.

Bulls***. With Mac's hat trick it would have been 4-0.

Bulls***. With Mac's hat trick it would have been 4-0.

or better yet, had we dressed him from the beginning, he would have single handedly killed Crosby and Malkin and we would have swept the series 4-0, setting a record as we won every game by a shutout score of 4-0 or better :rolleyes:

Let's not forget that this is the guy who was pawning his cup rings to pay off his debters. The guy isn't going to make money in the NHL anymore, and the AHL/IHL and other minor North American leagues don't exactly dish out big time paychecks..... the guy should get his money while he can.

Let's not forget that this is the guy who was pawning his cup rings to pay off his debters. The guy isn't going to make money in the NHL anymore, and the AHL/IHL and other minor North American leagues don't exactly dish out big time paychecks..... the guy should get his money while he can.

I think he'd get an ok paycheck doing broadcasting and with his personality, could develop into a major network gig... which would not only big a big paycheck.... but a long time paycheck... if he bolts to the KHL for a year or 2, he might not capitalize on the limited broadcasting he did last year...

I think he'd get an ok paycheck doing broadcasting and with his personality, could develop into a major network gig... which would not only big a big paycheck.... but a long time paycheck... if he bolts to the KHL for a year or 2, he might not capitalize on the limited broadcasting he did last year...

He's got the rest of his life to sit in a press booth, or on the radio, or working in some other hockey capacity. His chances of earning a paycheck for playing the game are diminishing every day.

I agree with the above posters who don't think it's a good idea for a guy who's had money and substance abuce problems in the past to go live in Russia. I am being 100% serious when I say I would rather make $20k/yr at McDonnald's than move to Russia and make $3 mil/yr doing my dream job. Thanks but no thanks. Western europe, Scandanavia, australia, Canada? In a heartbeat. Russia? Hell no. No good comes from being a well-known wealthy public figure in Russia with no strong local connections.

I think you make it sound worse than it is. He would need somebody he can trust to take care of him. But he is not first foreign player to go there. I did not hear that Ray Emery got into any trouble over there so McCarty should be able to last a season.

And he is not without local connections. Fedorov and Fetisov probably are not his close personal friends but he should be able to turn to them for advise regarding life in Russia.

$3mil vs $20k would not do it for you, really?