• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Lineups for tonights game

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Watch out for that beachball cloutier! :scared:

DETROIT -- Here is the Red Wings' lineup for tonight's preseason game at the New York Rangers (7 p.m.):

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Filppula-Ritola

Ryno-Emmerton-Maltby

Newbury-Abdelkader-Tatar

Kronwall-Stuart

Meech-Ericsson

Kindl-Delmore

Larsson

Cloutier

Veteran goaltender Dan Cloutier, in camp on a tryout, will make his preseason debut, likely subbing for Daniel Larsson midway through the game.

Henrik Zetterberg, Dan Cleary, Todd Bertuzzi and Jason Williams are dealing with nagging groin injuries, nothing serious. Zetterberg and Cleary stayed off the ice and hope to skate and play later this week. Bertuzzi and Williams practiced Monday but aren't ready to play.

“Maybe it’s 2-3 percent better today than Friday, so it’s going the right way,'' Zetterberg said. “Going to have a new evaluation tomorrow and we’ll see what that will bring.’’

He is hoping to make his preseason debut Friday at home against Toronto.

Cleary said he hurt his groin in practice Saturday. He said no tests were needed.

"I think we caught it at a good time,'' Cleary said. "Get some games in this weekend and be ready to go.’’

When it was mentioned that his entire line is out, Cleary said, "Yeah, I know Babs said it’s embarrassing.’’

“The Bertuzzi-Cleary-Zetterberg line hasn’t played together once in exhibition; eventually you’d like that to happen,'' coach Mike Babcock said. “Should be getting frustrating for them, it’s time to start playing.’’

Babcock predicted there would be groin issues with some players following a day off on Sunday.

“You can’t give guys days off,'' Babcock said. "I don’t know what happens around here. Golf course wears them down.’’

The injuries gave Pavel Datsyuk a chance to play tonight, much to his delight.

“Datsyuk came in here all cheery, but he didn’t know he had to go to New York until he got here so I might have wrecked his day,'' Babcock said

Edited by mindfly

:yowza: Delmore? I'll have the usual,please.

(That'd be a hat trick) :siren:

Can't wait for this game.

According ot what i heard in the Philly radio broadcast last week he is now the worst player in the NHL because the philly color guy isn't in the nhl anymore.

We have a really strong team playing tonight. If you ask me this is buy far our best pre-season lineup so far. Mr. Leino better get some points tonight, I have big hopes for him in the NHL!

Sweet :) I can't wait to hear how Leino and Tatar do tonight.

Here's how I'd put the lines together if this game wasn't about evaluating prospects and Babs just wanted the best lines:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Leino-Filppula-Tatar

Ryno-Abdelkader-Ritola

Newbury-Emmerton-Maltby

Kronwall-Ericsson

Kindl-Stuart

Meech-Delmore

Larsson

Cloutier

PP1:

Leino-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Kronwall-Ericsson

PP2:

Franzen-Filppula-Abdelkader

Kindl-Stuart

PK1:

Datsyuk-Filppula

Kronwall-Ericsson

PK2:

Franzen-Leino

Stuart-Meech (Kindl and Delmore are terrible defensively, so Meech is the best option here)

I was just thinking that :lol:

Too bad we don't still have the Grind Line, the two would complement eachother beautifully.

Same here --- I'm waiting for my fiance to come home so I can tell him the Groin Line is out tonight! See if he can piece the players together...