• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/13 GDT: Red Wings, 2 at Sabres, 6

Rate this topic

I miss Lilja.

I'd rather him over Ericsson. :thumbup:

That was a ridiculously pathetic, insipid period. I get about 5 games each regular season, and this is one of them. <_<

If Flip had scored on the PS it would've gone some way towards making the night better.

Buffalo scored 4 in around 7... The Wings can score 7 in around 4.

I have faith (though to say they didn't look good that period is on the extreme side of nice).

I just hope we don't make these dark moments a habit. I mean same kinda thing happened in the Blues game. It's not about defense, it's not about offense, not about PK, not about enforcers, not about goalkeeping. It's about focusing and playing every minute of that 60 minute game. I said that in that "sky is falling" -thread after two games and I'm still saying it.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Congrats, you're not spoiled! No, you're something else much worse than spoiled.

I've had season tickets for the last 8 years, I have the right to be frustrated with their play. And by phoning it in, I thought you meant giving up, not losing on purpose, I'd have to be retarded to actually think that. I sure hope they will right the ship, but so far this team has disappointed, let's be realistic about it.

OMG THIS TEAM TERRIBAD THEY'RE LAZY AND THEY SUCKâ„¢ AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I EVEN LIKE THIS TEAM.

FORGET THE CUP THIS YEAR, AND FORGET IT FOREVER, ALL BECAUSE WE'RE DOWN 5-1 AGAINST BUFFALO.

No, seriously, it's one game guys, and there's still a period left to play. Calm down, you whiners.

Okay, ask people here to calm down and then fill up a glass of water. Bet on which one will happen before the other.

I thought the team was done with last year's style of play, that whole "play s***ty for a long time, then play a really good game, then back to s***ty." I don't get tonight's game at all. Osgood looked good, yet he gave up 5 goals. The team as a whole looked good for the most part, yet they can't get anything going. Datsyuk and Zetterberg have offensively disappeared ever since the playoffs last year. Why aren't at least one of them scoring? Seriously? It's weird to have two world-class players disappear at the same time for such an extended period.

And what's with the passing? They're passing straight to Buffalo in the second period.

They can come back and win this but they need to do two thigns:

1.) Shoot the puck! (I thought these days were behind us)

2.) Pass the puck to a Red Wing player!

They can do this, but they've got to start early.

Pretty much. I'm not a spoiled fan because I'm used to them winning. They're the ones that made all the fans have certain expectations. Look at how they played in Sweden, falling asleep as a team because they think they're entitled to their wins just cause they're the Red Wings. I'd like to see them have 60 minute effort on a regular basis.

This is the thing, I think. Yeah, you have expectations because they usually win. Expectations can kill you. They can mess you up when you least expect it.

One more time. The Wings owe us nothing. They will have bad nights. They may even have bad weeks/months/seasons. But they owe us nothing. They only owe themselves, since they're the ones who truly suffer for their ineptitude.

What I'd like to see happen is that all the fans here who say they're out for the season because of their play tonight actually believe that and don't come back. If you think they're that bad, fine. Stick to your word and stay the hell away. It's bad enough watching them lose like this when you know what their potential is. The last thing I'm looking for here is a Death Watch.

Bertuzzi looks fine. It's the defense (specifically the first and third pairs) that look terrible.

Anyone who singles out Bertuzzi has no clue. He's been one of the very, very few list of players who can hold their head high.

yeah id be surprised if we score again..theyre all defense now that and miller no more goals

I agree. Babs should have taken a time-out or pull Ozzie already after those two goals when the score was 3-1. You could clearly see that the team wasn't focused enough. Flip had a chance to make it 2-5 which would've been totally different than this 1-5 we have now. Miller is also a top goalie, saved that Flip's effort too so he's probably confident right now.

HERE WE GO WE ARE BACK TO THE "DEAD WINGS" TIMES

The entire team is f***ed up, thank you ******* much for waisting my time beatches.

What the hell is this, Open Mic Night at The Chucklehouse? Too many wannabe comedians around here.

This is the thing, I think. Yeah, you have expectations because they usually win. Expectations can kill you. They can mess you up when you least expect it.

One more time. The Wings owe us nothing. They will have bad nights. They may even have bad weeks/months/seasons. But they owe us nothing. They only owe themselves, since they're the ones who truly suffer for their ineptitude.

What I'd like to see happen is that all the fans here who say they're out for the season because of their play tonight actually believe that and don't come back. If you think they're that bad, fine. Stick to your word and stay the hell away. It's bad enough watching them lose like this when you know what their potential is. The last thing I'm looking for here is a Death Watch.

I never said I don't wanna watch them, I will continue watching every game like I've been doing for the last 10 years (I moved here from Europe). I guess it's my bad for expecting a complete game from this team