• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3chrisosgood0

Do you like bashing Brett lebda?

Rate this topic

Guy scores an even-strength goal and still manages to finish -1 in a 2-3 game.

That's Andy Delmore impressive.

The only thing keeping me from calling for Lebda's head is he had a similar abysmal start last year and ended up turning it around.

I've seen this fella at the bar, and he needs to cool it down in the off-season.

Yeah, but then we wouldn't have had that hilarious conversation on the radio the morning after the cup when he was absolutely hammered (not that I condone binge drinking kids)

Seriously, I've saw a comment on Mlive from one of the bloggers the other week, can't remember the exact quote, but it was insinuating that certain younger wings have been seen spending too long at the bar. I assumed he meant Abdelkader (given his reputation), but I guess it could've been Lebda as well. Or both :unsure:

Guy scores a goal and this is how we celebrate. I can't in good conscience join your little group.

He scored an even strength goal in a game his team lost 3-2. Each team scored one power-play goal. He was a -1 on the night.

On the ice for Lebda's goal: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Kronwall, Lebda.

On the ice for Prucha's goal: Williams, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Lebda, Ericsson.

On the ice for Aucoin's goal (OT): Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lebda, Ericsson.

Notice a pattern here? And it's not like this was the only game where Lebda has been horrible defensively. It's kinda his trademark. I have been calling for Meech to be put in Lebda's spot for a while now, because even Meech is better than Lebda defensively.

Lebda blows. Spare me the "one for all, all for one" bulls***. He is a liability on the ice. The mindset that has some protecting Lebda, loving Lebda, making excuses for his nausea inducing play is worrisome in the sense that it is starting to look like a reflection of the management - Uniwilling to make changes when needed.

... I have been calling for Meech to be put in Lebda's spot for a while now, because even Meech is better than Lebda defensively.

They already tried that. Meech was just as bad.

The real problem is that Ericsson has been poor too. They need to split that pair up, or severely cut their minutes.

Lebda was OK two years ago with Lilja/Chelios. After his benching last year, he was fine with Lilja/Chelios/Ericsson. Not great or anything, but fine for a #6. The one common factor was he had a reliable partner. Now he has Ericsson who is looking very much like a rookie. That amplifies Lebda's weaknesses.

Put Rafalski with Kronwall, then let Lidstrom and Stuart try to fix the other two. Alternately, cut their minutes in half for a few games, try to win a few and then experiment. Alternate alternative: Trade Lebda or Meech, call up Kindl, Janik, Delmore, etc.

He scored an even strength goal in a game his team lost 3-2. Each team scored one power-play goal. He was a -1 on the night.

On the ice for Lebda's goal: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Kronwall, Lebda.

On the ice for Prucha's goal: Williams, Cleary, Bertuzzi, Lebda, Ericsson.

On the ice for Aucoin's goal (OT): Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lebda, Ericsson.

Notice a pattern here? And it's not like this was the only game where Lebda has been horrible defensively. It's kinda his trademark. I have been calling for Meech to be put in Lebda's spot for a while now, because even Meech is better than Lebda defensively.

Lebda-Ericsson is a bad pairing.

Ericsson is pretty good, but he's still played less than 60 games at the NHL level. He's gonna make some mistakes. Lebda however has over 300 games of NHL experience, though he often looks like he's fresh of the bus from the AHL.

They need to split those two up. They make for a brutal bottom pair.

Competency. He thinks he's the 4th forward when he's on the ice, turns the puck over, and is in terrible position far too much. Chelios was a 6th/7th defenseman. He did not blow.

Maybe this was mentioned in one of the 25 Lebda sucks threads, but Chelios may have been a bigger factor than many of us appreciated in keeping him and others smart. I mean, he was only the best American D man to have lived on the planet. All that wisdom, experience... must have been a nice thing to have on the bench.

Lebda blows. Spare me the "one for all, all for one" bulls***. He is a liability on the ice. The mindset that has some protecting Lebda, loving Lebda, making excuses for his nausea inducing play is worrisome in the sense that it is starting to look like a reflection of the management - Uniwilling to make changes when needed.

Gasp! Did you just criticize the Holy RedWings Management? :-)

Say Ten Hail Stevies and you will be forgiven.

Edited by Stiffy

Maybe this was mentioned in one of the 25 Lebda sucks threads, but Chelios may have been a bigger factor than many of us appreciated in keeping him and others smart. I mean, he was only the best American D man to have lived on the planet. All that wisdom, experience... must have been a nice thing to have on the bench.

Brian Leetch was pretty good too.

I just didn't want people forgetting about any of the great U.S. born players. :D

No, that's good. You are like a hockey teacher!

Still, do you think not having Chelios around is a factor in the lazy/dumb D plays? He must have been a factor as a mentor. Maybe Lebda should text him during games? Lebda has amazing speed. With wheels like that, it doesn't seem impossible to get him to play smart and not be caught in a bad spot. Then again, maybe he is just a ditz. I mean, really stupid and without someone telling him what to do every shift is totally lost.

No, that's good. You are like a hockey teacher!

Still, do you think not having Chelios around is a factor in the lazy/dumb D plays? He must have been a factor as a mentor. Maybe Lebda should text him during games? Lebda has amazing speed. With wheels like that, it doesn't seem impossible to get him to play smart and not be caught in a bad spot. Then again, maybe he is just a ditz. I mean, really stupid and without someone telling him what to do every shift is totally lost.

I think Chelios was a helluva lot better at covering up defensive gaffes when paired with Lebda, whereas Ericsson is still learning to play the position at the NHL level. Like on the first goal tonight, Rafalski makes a bad pass to Ericsson that leads to the turnover. A more experienced guy might have been able to handle the bad pass and bail out the situation, but Ericsson couldn't and it ended up in the back of our net.

As for Lebda, it amazes me he gets caught out of position so much when the biggest thing he has to offer is speed. He's undersized, but usually his bad plays don't involved being physically outmatched. It seems like he doesn't have it between the ears.