• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rwfan007

2009-2010 MLB Off-season Thread

Rate this topic

Again for money reasons, Rodney was going to be hard to keep. But he's going to set-up Fuentes in Anaheim (I lived in LA. Please don't ever, ever call them the LA Angels :P) There have been a few closers who have signed elsewhere to be set-up men rather than be closers in Detroit. Are they worried about catching Todd Jones Syndrome?

I would be THRILLED to see Rodney leave IF the Tigers had any bullpen depth, but they don't whatsover. I was more disappointed to see Lyon go -- I thought he was the Tigers best reliever last season.

Who is our closer now? Ryan Perry walking every other batter? Or are we just assuming there won't be many save opportunities to begin with?

David Dombrowski has cemented this off-season as a complete failure.

Who is our closer now? Ryan Perry walking every other batter? Or are we just assuming there won't be many save opportunities to begin with?

GIVE IT UP FOR YOUR NEW TIGERS CLOSER.......JOEL ZOOM ZOOM ZUMAYA!!!!!!

oh and what did you expect. this team is BROKE. They went all in last year and lost. They have to cut back money because they are not going to get as many people to the CoPA as they did last year. That was BEFORE all the big moves this offseason.

Tigers are taking a few huge steps back in order to compete again 2-3 years down the road.

GIVE IT UP FOR YOUR NEW TIGERS CLOSER.......JOEL ZOOM ZOOM ZUMAYA!!!!!!

oh and what did you expect. this team is BROKE. They went all in last year and lost. They have to cut back money because they are not going to get as many people to the CoPA as they did last year. That was BEFORE all the big moves this offseason.

Tigers are taking a few huge steps back in order to compete again 2-3 years down the road.

Zumaya will be hurt after the first week.

People will show up at Comerica if the team is a contender, regardless of the economy. I think the Tigers were still 5th in the AL in attendance last season. The team is broke because of Dombrowski's awful contracts to dead weight on the team. They don't have to cut back the payroll as drastically if Dombrowski doesn't go nuts spending on Sheffield, Robertson, Willis, Bonderman, etc.

I'm fine with rebuilding -- every major league franchise goes through the cycle except the big markets and huge spenders. I just can't understand the mixed messages the Tigers organization is sending. Don't go into a rebuilding phase and sugarcoat it as "making changes while trying to contend." Nobody is buying that looking at the roster now.

Edited by GoWings1905

I really really don't like this trade. Wow. Austin Jackson better end up winning like 10 gold gloves... Good thing we still have Nate Robertson and Dontrell Willis and the insane contracts they are locked into to cheer the team on from the bench! Good grief.

Austin Jackson is a young player and has done very well in AAA.

I'm a Yankees fan (ok, hate me now but at least I'm a Wings fan :lol: ). I will tell you I didn't like the idea of letting Jackson go because he very well could be a guy who wins numerous Gold Gloves. But then again...maybe not. He could be a AAA guy all his life with a few call ups or he could be a trade that bites the Yanks in the butt.

Coke will be decent but he has work to do still.

Edited by redwingsfan40

It softens the blow a bit but I'd rather have Grandy for sentimental reasons...

Yeah, I wish we still had Curtis too. I just know he's gonna have a monster year in his first season with NY. Let's just hope Austin Jackson pans out. He's supposedly better than Granderson in all areas. A better hitter, faster, better defensively, and younger. Hopefully he lives up to that sort of hype.

Yeah, I wish we still had Curtis too. I just know he's gonna have a monster year in his first season with NY. Let's just hope Austin Jackson pans out. He's supposedly better than Granderson in all areas. A better hitter, faster, better defensively, and younger. Hopefully he lives up to that sort of hype.

I think the tigers sold on grandy high, I think that his career in detroit has peaked, if he does do better with the yanks, well, I honestly doubt it would have been the same if he was with detroit.

2 questions

One

Should the Tigers sign Verlander long term at 9+ million dollars a year, or try to talk him down to around 8-8.5 for one year at a time till 2013?

two

What should their staff look like? Rotation? Middle relief? Long Relief? Who should throw setup?

2 questions

One

Should the Tigers sign Verlander long term at 9+ million dollars a year, or try to talk him down to around 8-8.5 for one year at a time till 2013?

two

What should their staff look like? Rotation? Middle relief? Long Relief? Who should throw setup?

9 million won't be enough to keep verlander. I think you gotta go somewhere like $15-18 million per year for Verlander. He would get a contract like that in the open market.

But yes, he is a #1 pitcher and should get paid like one.

Wow, haven't been on this site in forever. Fail.

I got the privilege to meet Dan Dickinson this past weekend. Super nice guy! He joked around how he can't wait for spring ball to start because he can get away from his old lady. Anyways, he said he would be really surprised if the Tigers don't get Johnny Damon. Thought I would pass it along. I didn't ask if he had inside info on this, or just a gut feeling. We didn't get too chat long since we were both working when I got to meet him.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434