• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/11 GDT: Ducks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

End of 2nd Period

Ducks: 2

red Wings: 0

This is where the injuries and not having our star players play like, you know, star players, are hurting us. 0-6 on the PP tonight (so far), and 0-12 the past two games are killing us. Jimmy is giving the team the best possible opportunity to win, but unless the offense shows up, the team won't win, no matter who's in net. There's still plenty of time left in this game, but, in all serious, I'll get excited if we even score a goal.

This games over. This team... just sucks. I hate to say it, but they cant pass, shoot, hit the net, or score goals. They actually hit and push back, but are literally terrible at everything else.

Thought we had the good goaltending, but that was ******* brutal. Everyone that loves Howard and hates Ozzie, well....

Agreed mindfly....I mean Det #1

To bad for Jimmy there. He looks to be fighting the puck tonight. Don't thinks its going to make a difference because the were never going to score another goal in my lifetime. Can we call up williams from the AHL? He usually scores every time he gets a callup. Anything at this point.

Edited by Pucks

Thought we had the good goaltending, but that was ******* brutal. Everyone that loves Howard and hates Ozzie, well....

Gotta expect a real softie like that once in a while from a rookie.. I'm not even upset about it because who cares if Howard lets in 1 or 15 goals when we can't score even 1? He's kept us in this game and many others this season. This would be a good time to score some goals and bail Howie out so that mistake doesn't matter.

This games over. This team... just sucks. I hate to say it, but they cant pass, shoot, hit the net, or score goals. They actually hit and push back, but are literally terrible at everything else.

thats his first bad goal in a long time, it happens... i seriously just can't believe nobody can score.. i mean this the Detroit Red Wings, with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom... what the HELL!

Daper, let them have it...

Wings win 3-2 in OT

I really do think this team is worn out. They have an inability to get scoring position on stronger teams. The Ducks here are holding them to the outside pretty easily. Every single line is reduced to cycling around the outside looking for a sneaky pass, and it's not happening.

Maybe I'll look like an idiot in a few months (I hope so), but this is not a playoff team to me. It's not a talent or chemistry issue as much as it is a fatigue issue. I think the injuries are just part of the symptom of what the entire team is going through. They just don't have the juice, and the guys who do have something left in the tank are minor enough that they can't carry the team.

Whatever Babcock is doing to spark this team, it isn't working.

And before anyone mentions injuries, there's Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Bertuzzi. Pretty sure those guys aren't currently out of the lineup. They're not playing like stars right now.

He's not doing ANYTHING. He isn't a good coach. Holmstrom has been allowed to poison Datsyuk and now is being allowed to poison Zetterberg, as well. GET 96 OFF THE TOP LINE FOR GOD'S SAKE, BABCOCK. ***.

That's what I hate, it's what mindfly says and he's a moron. But it's just true right now, I love this team, and I can admit when they are just sucking.

Oh, I agree.

The worse this gets, the higher my chances are of getting more pessimistic and getting suspended. It's like cold turkey.

hey, give Jimmy a break. If they lose 2-0 or 10-0, they still lose and they still get shut out. Again.

They cannot even find one goal. Unreal. :blink:

Exactly right. A rookie goaltender is going to make mistakes, it's par for the course. And he's been one of the pluses this season overall. When you're own team haven't scored in lord knows how many periods it makes it impossible to succeed.