• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/19 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Dallas Stars 4

Rate this topic

You fail Ralfi, seriously. 6 f***in players on the ice and u still manage to shoot one RIGHT into them.

I know that sometimes he's very good. But most times, when he has the puck, I cannot watch. He simply cannot be trusted too much of the time.

Good one.

Too bad I'm at least rational about it unlike yourself.

Howard was out of position tonight, way too aggressive to the shooter, and did not play the last goal well at all. He at least kept his team in it by stopping the Ribeiro breakaway, but at the same time he did not put Detroit in a good spot to win it. The times he let in each of those goals was backbreaking for Detroit.

Enough with the "rookie" comment. Howard is a rookie and is playing like a competent veteran backup goaltender (save tonight). Leino has looked soft and worthless all season, up to the point where it looks like he isn't even trying on multiple plays.

He has had a horrible season and "rookie" doesn't make up for that. He has been that bad.

He was out of position on a couple of goals no doubt. Whoever said soft goals has no idea what their talking about. A soft goal is when a weak wrist shot blow's through your 5 hole, or when your getting beat through your body. He's not going to be perfect. He's still learning his trade. He's a "ROOKIE" "ROOKIE" "ROOKIE" It will be interesting tomorrow to see if Osgood will be the "Savior" or be the "victim" of "poor defense" and "bad breaks"....... But hey if he loses... it's cool because it's Chicago.

That's a lot of quotes :)

Edited by Pucks

I know that sometimes he's very good. But most times, when he has the puck, I cannot watch. He simply cannot be trusted too much of the time.

I was thinking he's played much better in his own end since coming back from injury. He obviously has a lot of work left. It was a frustrating moment for sure. He's the scariest person on the team with the puck on his stick.

This team is gutsy, resiliant and just plain old bad ass. I'm proud of the Griffins stepping up and giving this team a chance to win every time they play. This team is pulling off the impossible right now, and I for one appreciate their effort. This organization proves over and over again that they are the best in the world.

Guest mindfly
This team is gutsy, resiliant and just plain old bad ass. I'm proud of the Griffins stepping up and giving this team a chance to win every time they play. This team is pulling off the impossible right now, and I for one appreciate their effort. This organization proves over and over again that they are the best in the world.

Did we watch the same game? how did the likes of abdelkader give this team a chance by being a -3 and a pylon like lebda and a goalie who scramble and gets out of position and lets in softies? This game would have been really ugly if not the 1st line (which is the only real NHL line) produced a few goals.

Edited by mindfly

We played good enough to win, we deserved better in this one. Im mad that we got no points but we only lost because of a couple lucky bounces for dallas, we outplayed the crap out of dallas im proud of the effort. 2 goals were not Howards fault and besides that he was steady enough.

Dats is back on track

Bert had a nice game

We played great, shake it off, losses like this happen.

GO WINGS!

Guest mindfly
Is it just me, but why do I get the feeling if we had Zetterberg that this was the game he nets one we either win or lose in OT.

Because he is a very good and experienced player that can handle playing 20mins per night against opposition top lines unlike abdelkader...

He was out of position on a couple of goals no doubt. Whoever said soft goals has no idea what their talking about. A soft goal is when a weak wrist shot blow's through your 5 hole, or when your getting beat through your body. He's not going to be perfect. He's still learning his trade. He's a "ROOKIE" "ROOKIE" "ROOKIE" It will be interesting tomorrow to see if Osgood will be the "Savior" or be the "victim" of "poor defense" and "bad breaks"....... But hey if he loses... it's cool because it's Chicago.

That's a lot of quotes :)

Is a soft goal through the five-hole somehow worse than a goalie taking himself out of position and leaving a wide open net?

They both end up as goals against due to poor play.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Did we watch the same game? how did the likes of abdelkader give this team a chance by being a -3 and a pylon like lebda and a goalie who scramble and gets out of position and lets in softies? This game would have been really ugly if not the 1st line (which is the only real NHL line) produced a few goals.

The game I watched Wings Griffins outplayed Stars and came close to winning this game. In this game I watched, a Dallas player grabbed Helm's jersey as Helm was trying to skate to the defensive zone and you could see Helm's jersey stretch as he tired getting back. No call on probably the easiest-call-of-the-year for any bush league ref to call. 15 seconds later, Dallas scores.

Shortly after Nebury's stick was held, no call.

Holmstrom's stick was slashed out of his hands, no call.

Despite our $33-million-dollar-roster matching up against Dallas' $54-something-million-dollar-roster and Dallas getting gimme calls and our no calls, I say Wings were, by far, the better team tonight.

Lebda is a bone head, what's new? Nothing we can do about it except ride it out until some Defencemen return. Lebda is getting more minutes and responsibilities than he's capable of handling. Howard should have been better, but he gets the pass for being so solid so far this season. Yes, I would have rathered Osgood getting the start and Howard tomorrow night. But Babcock had to go with the hot hand.

I don't know how anyone can down this team. They are playing better than any team in the world could endure, and winning more than not. This team is nothing short of amazing. It's almost magical how well this team is playing without our top players.

Dallas had the edge in calls/non-calls and Detroit is skating a AHL team. Can't win them all and I'm not upset of the loss because of how well this team is playing, giving $54+ million dollar rosters a run for their money...and still schooling other teams.

Go Wings Griffins!

Edited by Miller Brew

Weird bounces on both sides but the decisive element today was officiating. The Wings were up against it today and couldn't overcome it. It's pretty disheartening watching Darren Helm play the game of his life and have the stripes swallow their whistles while guys are mugging him. Not to mention the uncalled slashes and such.

The game I watched Wings Griffins outplayed Stars and came close to winning this game. In this game I watched, a Dallas player grabbed Helm's jersey as Helm was trying to skate to the defensive zone and you could see Helm's jersey stretch as he tired getting back. No call on probably the easiest-call-of-the-year for any bush league ref to call. 15 seconds later, Dallas scores.

Shortly after Nebury's stick was held, no call.

Holmstrom's stick was slashed out of his hands, no call.

Despite our $33-million-dollar-roster matching up against Dallas' $54-something-million-dollar-roster and Dallas getting gimme calls and our no calls, I say Wings were, by far, the better team tonight.

Lebda is a bone head, what's new? Nothing we can do about it except ride it out until some Defencemen return. Lebda is getting more minutes and responsibilities than he's capable of handling. Howard should have been better, but he gets the pass for being so solid so far this season. Yes, I would have rathered Osgood getting the start and Howard tomorrow night. But Babcock had to go with the hot hand.

I don't know how anyone can down this team. They are playing better than any team in the world could endure, and winning more than not. This team is nothing short of amazing. It's almost magical how well this team is playing without our top players.

Dallas had the edge in calls/non-calls and Detroit is skating a AHL team. Can't win them all and I'm not upset of the loss because of how well this team is playing, giving $54+ million dollar rosters a run for their money...and still schooling other teams.

Go Wings Griffins!

I watched the same game you did. Great post! :thumbup:

Is a soft goal through the five-hole somehow worse than a goalie taking himself out of position and leaving a wide open net?

They both end up as goals against due to poor play.

There's two kinds of Wings fans.

Those who think that every goal given up by a Wings goalie is somehow soft, and those that think no goal is soft, even if scored from center ice.

You're not smart enough to realize that's the entire point?

Oh wait, of course you're not smart enough.

Not to derail this thread.. But do any of you remember how Lebda played against Chicago during last year's playoffs, when Lidstrom was sidelined with a broken ********??? He ate up a lot of minutes and looked absolutely fantastic... If he can get back to that (which I think is more than possible) a lot of people here would worship the guy

In spite of his lackluster play, I still think the Wings are using him adequately. He's got great speed, and his first pass is almost always a beaut....

PS: I know it wasn't a broken ********.. just trying to lighten up the thread lol

Not to derail this thread.. But do any of you remember how Lebda played against Chicago during last year's playoffs, when Lidstrom was sidelined with a broken ********??? He ate up a lot of minutes and looked absolutely fantastic... If he can get back to that (which I think is more than possible) a lot of people here would worship the guy

In spite of his lackluster play, I still think the Wings are using him adequately. He's got great speed, and his first pass is almost always a beaut....

PS: I know it wasn't a broken ********.. just trying to lighten up the thread lol

Ya i remember

There is an incentive about playing ur hometown, Lebda steps it up against s***cago, lets hope it continues. Even if he doesnt decide to continue the trend i feel we can win. This team is working hard every shift despite the injuries and i appreciate it.

GO WINGS!

There's two kinds of Wings fans.

Those who think that every goal given up by a Wings goalie is somehow soft, and those that think no goal is soft, even if scored from center ice.

There must be three then, because I don't fit into either of those categories. Soft goals are soft; not being in position for a goal that could have been prevented had a goalie been in position is letting in a soft goal.

On the other hand, some goals are just too hard for goalies to save. Bert putting one right over Giguere's shoulder (into a puck-sized hole)? I'd count that as one that's just too hard to save.

Five hole? Yeah, generally soft, especially on butterfly goalies.

which is why he's not a starter and may never be in the NHL. good backup but not a starter. Inconsistency.

There are a LOT of inconsistent starters in the NHL. Hell, LUONGO is SOOO inconsistent. One night he shuts out the Sharks, the next he gets pulled against Carolina (exaggeration, but point made), and he's not the only one. Kipper, Nabby, Giggy, Lundqvist, all of them are inconsistent.

All of them have had years, Jimmy has had months... Give the kid a break.

I actually think there is only one truly consistently GREAT goalie, and that's Brodeur.