• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/31 GDT: Avalanche 2 at Red Wings 4

Rate this topic

Tbh i didn't want leino to score because it might rise his stocks to earn a roster sport even when everyone is healthy :(
That one goal doesn't affect that kinda things. The point was that Leino really was good tonight. Won battles in the corners, created chances, had 4 shots, didn't turn the puck over. He really used his own strengths protecting the puck. Now, if he continues that play, I'll have no problem seeing him in the 3rd line with Filppula and probably Williams.

I've had enough of refs.

With the call on Bertuzzi, the fact they took both Homer and Foote off, and the call on Flip - there is actually no hope for the refs in this whole game of hockey. No recourse. Nobody to complain to. It is beyond sickening.

With the call on Bertuzzi, the fact they took both Homer and Foote off, and the call on Flip - there is actually no hope for the refs in this whole game of hockey. No recourse. Nobody to complain to. It is beyond sickening.

Ah, but they did not take away Leino's goal, at least.

That's something, right?

I gotta say, great new years eve game. The boys played with more heart than i've seen in FOREVER. Nobody truly played a bad game tonight. everybody chipped in and earned that win. Maybe they'll ride this momentum into the new year, while getting injured players back and show everybody else in the league why they are the big red machine. Happy new years everybody.

Yessirreee to all of the above! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! Please don't do anything stoopid tonight. Wait till tomorrow when you're sober, OK? Cool.

Edited by Vladifan

Ah, but they did not take away Leino's goal, at least.

That's something, right?

Tell you the truth I had my eyes closed while they were deciding on that one. It was obvious that his stick was below the goal, but who the hell knows with these idiots?

Oh yeah. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! :beerbuddy:

Yup. Which is why I'm hoping they'll also fade in the second half of the season. :D

Which is why most experts are predicting that they'll fade in the second half of the Season.

Hopefully the Wings will SURGE in the second half. Tonight was a good start.

Just got back from the game, Wings played with alot of heart tonight. Other than his mistake in the 2nd, Howard looked very good. Glad to see Helmer with the 2 shorties, and Dats potting one. Happy New Year!!!!

me too, Ritola was really impressive tonight, he had 2 big hits on Ryan Wlson. Maltby surprisingly had a good hit filled shift, and Jaik was stronger than he has been in the past.

I was glad to see Pavel take some great shots tonight (not to mention pulling his routine against the Avs again. First time against Foote, this time against Hejduk, if I'm not mistaken). His goal was a perfect shot, and he nearly had another with a quick shot that caught the post. Hopefully he keeps it up and goes on a tear.

Not seeing a whole lot about Lidstrom. I thought he looked a lot better offensively today as well. Defensively he is great as always, passing was terrific, but that shot still doesn't seem quite there.

Datsyuk had a great game, Homer and Bertuzzi both got there chances, but they both need to work on the dumb penalties even if the refs are awful.

Fil and Leino deserve a couple games together, both played really well together and it's been the first game Leino has actually looked confident in a long time, even before he scored.

Helmer is just amazing, one of the best energy players in the league, enough said.

Howard had a bad goal, but still made timely saves against a pretty good team and got the win.

Janik is great, physical and knows his role. Doesn't make many mistakes or take chances and would really love seeing him up here over "you know who".

Ritola also is playing well, would of prefered not to see him fan on a wide open net, but it happens. He is hitting, passing, and shooting. He'll be sent down once players start getting healthy, but I look forward to seeing him full time soon enough.

Draper, Maltby, May all had good games especially Maltby and Draper the PK was fantastic and they created a couple good scoring chances as well. Really had their legs going.

Enough of my late night sort-of drunk ramblings. Good night, and good win boys. Winning games seems much more fun when you have to win them :thumbup:

glad we won and glad I took a $30 bet a month ago that we would win this time. Even before Leino scored I started thinking he needs to be laid off of a little bit. He is just a rookie really and he did earn his spot by toughing out GR, so I'm going to start to lay off of him.

Thank god Dats is getting back to form and so is Big Bert. I really would rather have Janik over Lebda and Meech(who played bad) and Lids looked better. I can't believe the stats howard has had, so he can drop a goal every now and then. Lastly Riotla was the s***!

Happy New Year to everyone here! Couldn't follow along with you guys last night (got a guest staying for a few days), so I'll only be here in spirit :P

Game Stats

Scoring Summary

Avalanche

1) Yip (2) @ 19:12 2nd Period; Assists from Tucker (7) and Duchene (15); Power Play

2) Yip (3) @ 11:59 3rd Period; Assists from Tucker (8) and Duchene (16); Power Play

Helm Street

1) Datsyuk (9) @ 12:56 2nd Period; Assists from The Todd (12) and Janik (1); Even Strength

2) Helm (4) @ 17:56 2nd Period; Assists from Drapper (7) and Lidstrom (15); Short Handed

3) Leino (4) @ 16:08 3rd Period; Assists from Meech (1) and Filppula (5); Even Strength

4) Helm (5) @ 19:37 3rd Period; Assist from Lidstrom (16); Short Handed-Empty Net

Penalty Summary

Avalanche (4 penalties for 8 minutes)

1) Clark @ 01:25 1st Period, 2 minutes for holding

2) Yip @ 19:58 1st Period, 2 minutes for delay of game - puck over the glass

3) McLeod @ 02:29 3rd Period, 2 minutes for holding the stick

4) Foote @ 05:38 3rd Period, 2 minutes for roughing

Helm Street (7 penalties for 14 minutes)

1) Holmstrom @ 00:11 1st Period, 2 minutes for slashing

2) Janik @ 13:33 1st Period, 2 minutes for delay of game - puck over glass

3) The Todd @ 10:03 2nd Period, 2 minutes for roughing

4) Rafalski @ 17:21 2nd Period, 2 minutes for hooking

5) Holmstrom @ 05:38 3rd Period, 2 minutes for improper cuddling, er, "roughing"

6) Holmstrom @ 10:19 3rd Period, 2 minutes for cross checking

7) Filppula @ 18:01 3rd Period, 2 minutes for playing hockey, er, "tripping"

Total: 11 penalties of 22 minutes

Power Plays

Avalanche

5v4: 2-6, 10:44 minutes

5v3: None

4v3: None

Total: 2-6, 10:44 minutes

Helm Street

5v4: 0-3, 05:14

5v3: None

4v3: None

Total: 0-3, 05:14

Even Strength

Avalanche

5v5: 0-9, 41:16 minutes

4v4: 0-2, 02:46 minutes

3v3: None

Total: 0-11, 44:02 minutes

Helm Street

5v5: 2-9, 41:16 minutes

4v4: 0-2, 02:46 minutes

3v3: None

Total: 2-11, 44:02 minutes

Shots on Goal

Avalanche: 22

Helm Street: 35

Final Score

Avalanche: 2

Helm Street: 4

Final/Regulation

3 Stars (As chosen by Chuck Pleiness of the Macomb Daily)

1) HST Leino

2) HST Datsyuk

3) COL Yip

Season Records

Avalanche: 23-13-6, 52 points (1st in division, 3rd in conference)

Helm Street: 20-14-6, 46 points (3rd in division, 10th in conference)

Helm Street is only 3 points behind 8th place (the LA Kings), 11 back of the Blackhawks for the Central lead, and 13 back of the Sharks for the conference lead.

Happy New Year to everyone :D !