• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

1/16 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Dallas Stars 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

How is it that the 'War Room' in Toronto can change the rules of Hockey any time they feel like. I thought that unless there was conclusive evidence to overturn a ref's call the on ice ruling stands... especially when it comes to goals.

Totoally ridiculous to lose points in this manner.

The war room in Toronto called it inconclusive.

The ref linesmen away from the play overturned the no goal call from the ref near the net...

Edited by CanadaBoy

My god word coming from the FSN crew is Toronto ruled it inconclusive and the linesman and Leggo overruled the ref that was on top of the play. What a joke. These refs bet on games. I question every call ever made by them again. The NHL is fixed. I never believed that before I do now.

I wouldn't doubt it. The referee near the net even waived it off, and of all a sudden if Toronto ruled it to be inconclusive (I originally assumed Toronto called it a goal for that reason), why was this opinion changed? Very suspicious. It's happened in the NBA before (fixed games), and it sure obviously happens in the NHL too.

The war room in Toronto called it inconclusive.

The ref away from the play overturned the no goal call from the ref near the net...

Did you read this some where. I don't see how the other ref could reverse the call. It is the ref you makes the call and Toronto in on the decision.

By the way, these threads need to be merged. This is the third one of these.

3 high sticks not called today

1 no goalie interference

1 bulls*** shootout goal

no doubt the wings got away with a few things but how do you miss 3 high sticks

I guarantee you if the Red Wings did that to score this afternoon, it would have been waived off, and a penalty would have most definitely been assessed. There is a vicious double standard when it comes to that scenario.

Edited by aflac9262

Did you read this some where. I don't see how the other ref could reverse the call. It is the ref you makes the call and Toronto in on the decision.

By the way, these threads need to be merged. This is the third one of these.

Ken and Mick got the news from Toronto.

Ken and Mick found out what happened:

The one ref made the call: No Goal. He was right on top of it and emphatic it was no goal.

The linesman called for a review and said it was no goal.

Toronto for some reason allowed the linesman to overrule the ref who made the call (a violation of the rule that the ref making the call must be followed if you can't prove it's a goal), and admitted that the NHL did not have inconlusive proof it was a goal. They just allowed the linesman to overrule with no evidence.

I've never seen Mick and the team so upset. This is beyond bush league. You can't change the rules in the middle of a game in professional sports. This deserves a serious investigation, but of course there is no accountability in the NHL.

Well, at least we got 1 point and move into 8th.

Tell that to Malkin and his stick shot at Z along with an instigator.

When it comes to the Wings, the refs and the war room apparantly make rules up as they go along.

This was either a case of Ott having intent to score (thus it's a goal), or the so called 50-50 rule (in which the war-room flips a coin to see whether it's a goal or not).

Intent to score.. I like that.

Guest mindfly

Laddiesss, the bottom line is howard gave them a very very good chance to win in the shootout but the shots/dekes were brutal from the wings, unacceptable.. you can blame toronto all you want but wings had this in their own hands even earlier with a 2-0 lead which should be enough for a regular time win

Edited by mindfly

I hate how sports fans whine about every call and result, because it makes it harder to be taken seriosly when you complain about a result.

But this was blatant cheating. I don't even understand how this can happen. Aren't the rules there for a reason? This wasn't a "human mistake" or some act of God, this was not according to the rules, should not happen.

I thought it was a good call.

Flame me.

I wouldn't have a problem if someone that actually had a view called it a goal. The man a foot away, Toronto with overview, but neither made the call. In the end though we were going to lose this because we can't win games that will keep us with in the playoffs.