• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FunkedUp

Lilja sent to GR

Rate this topic

So could he be back even before the Olympic break? Or maybe they'll wait until after anyway.

I think they are allowed to have him in GR for 2 weeks and they'll probably use that time, meaning that he'd be back on the Wings directly after the Olympics.

So could he be back even before the Olympic break? Or maybe they'll wait until after anyway.

I expect they're going to wait as long as possible to bring him back to circumvent the cap if at all possible. I don't know off the top of my head how over the cap the Wings will be after he and Franzen return, but they may be forced to wait until near the trade deadline to activate either of them, because Holland may have to clear cap space with a trade.

Any clarification would be awesome, too. All of this is just speculation and I don't even know if I have the facts straight.

Edited by Echolalia

Good news. I'm really hoping that he can get it done down there and the DRW can part ways with a defenseman who's been in and out of the lineup for the last 4 years and really hasn't seemed to get much better.

Either way, it'll be interesting. It's been a long time since the wings' have been in a situation like this.

I'm excited to have Lilja coming back. Big body, can hit, blocks shots and is a great PKer. But lets not kid ourselves, the pain train died when Lilja got dropped by Weber. He cant fight anymore and cant take out the vicious animosity that he has inside. He'll have a facewash deadlier then Sammys not though.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I think they are allowed to have him in GR for 2 weeks and they'll probably use that time, meaning that he'd be back on the Wings directly after the Olympics.

3 games or 6 days. The Wings can appeal to the league for 2 additional games. It said so in the article.

If they appeal for 2 more games he will play his last game with Grand Rapids on the 12th.

The Wings will then have to re-evaluate him medically.

Best case scenario we get a game or 2 before the break. Worst case scenario he is back right after the break.

Also article says Leino and May are targets to be waived.

So expect Leino, May and Lebda all to be waived/traded IMO.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Miller-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Maltby

Lids-Rafalski

Kronner-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Meech

I 99.99% positive those will be the lines the day after olympic break.

3 games or 6 days. The Wings can appeal to the league for 2 additional games. It said so in the article.

If they appeal for 2 more games he will play his last game with Grand Rapids on the 12th.

The Wings will then have to re-evaluate him medically.

Best case scenario we get a game or 2 before the break. Worst case scenario he is back right after the break.

Also article says Leino and May are targets to be waived.

So expect Leino, May and Lebda all to be waived/traded IMO.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Miller-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Maltby

Lids-Rafalski

Kronner-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Meech

I 99.99% positive those will be the lines the day after olympic break.

They better ******* trade them we don't need another Quincey moment not that I think any will turn out that well. But why give them up for nothing, and least a ******* 5th round draft pick if that's all you can get.

Also I hope Lilja reverts back to old form where he was playing great, but honestly I don't expect him to even be decent :(

Guest mindfly

Sounds good to me

I especially liked this part:

Given how little forward Ville Leino has played, he’ll probably be waived

if they waive Leino, does that mean he'll head back to Finland?

If he passed through waivers I am assuming he would refuse an assignment to Grand Rapids (which if he accepted it he would probably be called up for the playoffs and given another shot next season, if he fails then he SHOULD go back to Finland)

That being said I don't see him passing through waivers.

Guest mindfly
Only because you hate Finland ;)

Nah but I do hate Leino ;)

I don't like many Finnish players.. of course many of their goalies are great.. Timmonen/Pitkanen/M.Koivu I like but that's about it.