• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FunkedUp

Lilja sent to GR

Rate this topic

3 games or 6 days. The Wings can appeal to the league for 2 additional games. It said so in the article.

If they appeal for 2 more games he will play his last game with Grand Rapids on the 12th.

The Wings will then have to re-evaluate him medically.

Best case scenario we get a game or 2 before the break. Worst case scenario he is back right after the break.

Also article says Leino and May are targets to be waived.

So expect Leino, May and Lebda all to be waived/traded IMO.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Bertuzzi-Zetterberg-Cleary

Miller-Filppula-Williams

Draper-Helm-Eaves

Maltby

Lids-Rafalski

Kronner-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja

Meech

I 99.99% positive those will be the lines the day after olympic break.

I'm 100% sure those won't be the lines...

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.250m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Jason Williams ($1.500m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

* Kirk Maltby ($0.883m) / * Darren Helm ($0.599m) / * Drew Miller ($0.525m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

* Nicklas Lidstrom ($7.450m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

* Derek Meech ($0.483m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $56.845m; CAP ROOM: $-0.045m BONUSES: $0.000m

Edited by hockey23

I'm 100% sure those won't be the lines...

AUTO-GENERATED CAPGEEK.COM LINES

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($2.250m)

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Jason Williams ($1.500m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m)

* Kirk Maltby ($0.883m) / * Darren Helm ($0.599m) / * Drew Miller ($0.525m)

* Patrick Eaves ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

* Nicklas Lidstrom ($7.450m) / Brian Rafalski ($6.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

* Derek Meech ($0.483m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $56.845m; CAP ROOM: $-0.045m BONUSES: $0.000m

I'm 200% sure those wont be the lines. Draper-Helm-Eaves will stay together, Filpulla will not play wing especially with Cleary at center, and our leading goal scorer will not play on the 3rd line.

Missing almost a whole year after just starting to find his game/potential is gonna take more then 5 games to get back into speed.

So only letting him practice is going to get him back to game speed? He's been practicing for a while now, I fail to see how making him the 7th defenseman will get him back to full speed.

So only letting him practice is going to get him back to game speed? He's been practicing for a while now, I fail to see how making him the 7th defenseman will get him back to full speed.

Since I think Holland is a wait and see kind of guy I would think he makes him the 7th D switching places with Ericsson or Lebda every other game or so.

I'm 200% sure those wont be the lines. Draper-Helm-Eaves will stay together, Filpulla will not play wing especially with Cleary at center, and our leading goal scorer will not play on the 3rd line.

Capgeek makes the lines up by ordering the players cap hits from largest to smallest. He meant that we could not fit that roster under the cap if May, Leino and Lebda are traded/waived. Holland has some work to do when Lilja comes back. I had figured it would be May, Leino and Lebda that would be outa here but apparently we need to cut even more cap space than that. There could be some way of fitting it under the cap as Miller hasn't been here the whole year so Tampa would have taked some of his cap hit.

Hope Lilja gets his play to where it was before the injury.. if not, I hate to say it at 80% he's no better than Lebda.

I don't think that he is going to get it back. Hell I didn't think that he would even come back to the sport. If he gets anywhere close to where he was then great for him. If not, then I think we are going to have to let him go like we did Juri Fischer. They aren't the same situations but I think you all can get what I mean.

addressing the Lilja come back: Godspeed Andreas, i honestly didn't think you'd be coming back

and for people saying Leino would be waived: who originally said he'd be waived due to lack of playing time, the article writer? i just don't understand why the organization would throw the towel in on this kid so quickly - albeit as underwhelming as he has been...

My original post on it meant that they're not just gonna throw him out there and say hey...get back into game shape and let him play like a bunch of consecutive games. They will probably ease him into a reg D position. This is just my guess though.

My original post on it meant that they're not just gonna throw him out there and say hey...get back into game shape and let him play like a bunch of consecutive games. They will probably ease him into a reg D position. This is just my guess though.

Before the season is over one defenseman will be gone if Lilja is okay enough to play at the NHL level. If he can make it through that #6 spot is all his.

Hope Lilja gets his play to where it was before the injury.. if not, I hate to say it at 80% he's no better than Lebda.

Well they're different style of players and it's very possible that Lilja at 80% could be a better fit for us than Lebda at 100%.

I hope that this article will be the last time I see "Andreas Lilja (concussion)". I'm starting to think it's part of his name.

I had pretty much lost hope for him too. Sometimes, I just love being wrong.

Once Lilja comes back....goodbye Lebda.

I really hope so... Meech has proven much more valuable than Lebda(doesn't say much) and I really hope Lebda has only been playing lately, to dangle him out there for a trade...

There's nothing about this report that doesn't make me happy.

Cool, maybe Kira can see him Friday at the Griffins game!

It's actually Saturday that I'm going to the game, and yes, I hope to see him there. Four rows from the ice in the corner, I might be able to get some good shots. I can't wait! It'll be so good to see him back skating again.

It's actually Saturday that I'm going to the game, and yes, I hope to see him there. Four rows from the ice in the corner, I might be able to get some good shots. I can't wait! It'll be so good to see him back skating again.

But Friday is $1 beer night!

I hope he's still down on the 9th. My daughter and I are going to the Texas Stars vs Griffs game that night, and it would be really cool to see Señor Pads up close and personal like.