• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Enforcer

Trade Draper

Rate this topic

Time to cut our losses with drapes and send him on the retirement tour. If we are lucky maybe we could get some trade value for him, possibly a draft pick! Maltby too, he's just as bad.

For all those that say he's the best penalty killer on the team: look at our record on the PK. GET RID OF HIM FINALLY

I dont think we would ever see either get traded or waived. Not that it matters. In my opinion Drapes has been pretty good and looked really energized this year. And I havent had much to complain about with Malts either. Last year both looked pretty old and tired but this year they seem a bit better.. I could see having Abs up over Maltby but thats not going to happen during the season anyways..

Guest micah

Trade Maltby and Draper? For what exactly? I'm trying to think of something that another team might want to give us for them.

They're journeymen and they've got some years in red and white behind them. fow better or for worse, they'll be finishing their careers (this year) in Detroit.

Guest mindfly

Draper, Maltby... only reason they are stil on the team is because of the loyalty factor.. how sad is that >_<

"Micah"

Draper still has one year left, only Maltby can retire after this one... doh.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly
Er yeah, look at our record on the PK. We were #1 in the league through December, and probably top 5 in January.

Man, those guys are terrible! :rolleyes:

*Cough eaves, helm, miller Cough*

Hey lets start another thread about trades? the next thread will be "Trade Rafalski" then everyone will argue about his NTC .. then its "Trade Lidstrom and make Z the captain".. blah why bother even having the LGW toolbar

this guy is a joke. Lets get rid of Lidstrom too. Draper has had a solid year, he's skating great, and is on the team's most consistent line. Yeah, right before the playoffs lets just get rid of all things chemistry. Idiot.

yeah, they are awesome. lets sign them up for lifetime Illitch loyalty contracts

Pretty sure nobody suggested that....

Also someone asked you earlier in the thread: What would another team possibly give us for either/both of these guys?

Guest mindfly
Draper and Maltby have both been having good years for their age. Especially Draper playing with Helm and Eaves.

They are... what do you call it... uhm.. redundant, to this team... any player can take their spot and do it equally good and probably better.

That's Draper off the Helm-Eaves-Draper line, the line that has been our best and most consistent this season? That Draper?

6 goals, 10 assists, -1, 52% on faceoffs. The vocal veteran leader in the locker room. The guy with 4 Stanley Cups and a Selke who's grooming Helm. That Kris Draper?

Yep, I realize that. But Maltby and Draper have both been playing on the PK just as much as Miller, Eaves, and Helm have been, so your point doesn't make sense.

Not quite

Helm 2:31

Eaves 2:16

Miller 1:53

Maltby 1:45

Zetterberg 1:18

Cleary 1:16

Filppula 1:06

Datsyuk 1:03

Franzen 0:39

Draper 0:38

Draper only plays on the PK to take the faceoff and then some more if he loses the faceoff. If he wins it he goes right back to the bench.

Guest micah
Draper still has one year left, only Maltby can retire after this one... doh.

You can retire with time remaining on your contract. I would not be shocked if Draper did. Or didn't.

You can retire with time remaining on your contract. I would not be shocked if Draper did. Or didn't.

We'd still have his salary left on the books, though, so personally I'd rather he kept playing as long as we're going to be paying him.

Guest Lidstromboli
They are... what do you call it... uhm.. redundant, to this team... any player can take their spot and do it equally good and probably better.

this is funny coming from mindfly

That's Draper off the Helm-Eaves-Draper line, the line that has been our best and most consistent this season? That Draper?

6 goals, 10 assists, -1, 52% on faceoffs. The vocal veteran leader in the locker room. The guy with 4 Stanley Cups and a Selke who's grooming Helm. That Kris Draper?

+1

I'm really starting to hate the majority of poster on this board