• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leadzedder

Trim 2 million

Rate this topic

Not exactly a 3rd liner type.

Right. ...but wouldn't you play third line on Detroit to get out of Edmonton?

Mainly just throwing it out there because he meets the salary requirements and Edmonton might take a chance on Leino.

(Although not really their style of player, I guess. Maybe they should rethink that as they seemingly cannot keep the type of player they covet?)

I've been saying Leino/Lebda/May for awhile now, because I assumed that taking on Miller through waivers gave us some kind of cushion. I guess I was mistaken?

Since that won't work... Williams/Lebda/May seems fine to me. Any combo that includes Lebda, really.

I like it. Enough skill to play with the Wings. Move Cleary up. Bert down and that could be a decent skill line. Bert, Comrie, Miller

Whatever's gonna happen it'll happen soon. Almost 800k has to be moved out for Franzen to play Tuesday. Bye Leino?

Edited by Leadzedder

Isn't Lilja the one we're freeing up money for? If we traded him, we wouldn't need to free up his 1.2 mil. Unless there's a rule that prohibits a team from trading a guy who is hurt or not contributing to the cap at the moment. I dunno about that.

Even if there was no such thing as Andreas Lilja we still had to move salary to fit in Franzen. A smidge under 800k. And yeah, Maltby aint going anywhere.

Guest zackmorris

Then in that case his 1.2 mil is more than Franzen's 700k.

It's all pointless though.

No I read this before on mlive and the freep, Leino and May alone would cover the cost and the player cap. Both will be waived, because no one is going to give us late picks. We would make them look stupid even if they gave us a 7th rounder!

Edit: Ah, the article does say that it is 700k for Franzen and 1.2 for Lilja. I would have to say that some defensemen needs to be moved unless Meech is going to play forward and you move two forwards.

Edited by Majsheppard

Oh and I would get rid of Bertuzzi a thousand times over before I got rid of Williams.

:lol:

Same cap hit, one has been injured all year, the other hasnt missed a game. One leads the team in goals, one has 3..

Your kidding for sure? I like Williams this year, but come on man.

Oh, but no so quick.

Leino 800k

Lebda 650k

May 500k

$1,950,000

We are 1,995,000 over. Try again.

But yeah, I agree. If it would work, I'd do that too.

oh, but no were not... that would only be if there had never been daily cap hits and contracts already accounted for, etc...

look at the daily cap numbers - it works.

so, no - I won't try again - done and done.

oh, but no were not... that would only be if there had never been daily cap hits and contracts already accounted for, etc...

look at the daily cap numbers - it works.

so, no - I won't try again - done and done.

done and done eh? You're oozing with confidence. Myself... Somewhat confident but not at the done and done level. I think you're wrong. Can we get a knowledgable 3rd party to settle this as it's makes a difference to what options we have. I hope you're right Steve. Unfortunately, I doubt it

done and done eh? You're oozing with confidence. Myself... Somewhat confident but not at the done and done level. I think you're wrong. Can we get a knowledgable 3rd party to settle this as it's makes a difference to what options we have. I hope you're right Steve. Unfortunately, I doubt it

sorry... don't mean to come across as an ass... there's a loss in translation to typing... basically what I was trying to say, was that it was determined in another thread that this would work due to daily cap hit numbers, blah, blah, blah... if I'm wrong, I stand corrected...

sorry... don't mean to come across as an ass... there's a loss in translation to typing... basically what I was trying to say, was that it was determined in another thread that this would work due to daily cap hit numbers, blah, blah, blah... if I'm wrong, I stand corrected...

oh no all good. I could easily be misunderstanding things. But those daily numbers are the same as the full year numbers just broken down by day. 193 of them. When you add up those 3 players daily hits it doesn't add up to our daily overage. I believe when you save cap space earlier in the year it changes things. I'm not sure how though. For this season it doesn't matter as we've been at the cap all year. The fact we got may and miller late doesn't help as we've been over the cap all year.

To assume that Holland is only going to move the minimal amount of players so he can get under the cap I think is foolish. We are sitting on the brink of a playoff birth we have struggled when we had the option to get inside the playoff picture. So i think the core of the team is safe Holmstrom, Dats, Zetterberg, Cleary, Filpula, Bertuzzi, Eaves, Helm, Miller,Franzen, Lidstrom, Rafalski , Kronwall, Ericsson, Stuart, Lilja, Draper, and Howard are safe. Everyone else can be moved So thats Williams, Maltby, Meech, Lebda, May,Leino, and Osgood who can be moved. I think Williams is gone seeing as he is on now playing a four line role hard to score goals when you get minimal ice time so I think he is gone. I know there is the whole loyalty thing with Maltby but again the team is just a business and Maltby knows this. His job has been taking up by younger player who can contribute to the team. Even when you put the lines together when everyone gets back Maltby is always going to be the 13 forward on the team because there are other more productive then him. Meech, Lebda, May, and Leino the same reason as everyone else. Finally Osgood because he is like 1.45 million dollars of cap space warming our bench and when he is not warming he is a 1.45 million dollar of cap space that is a risk to the team. Holland knows he not getting the most out of his team. Holland in the past has been known to make some big deals a little less in recent years but thats cause he has strong team. So I would be surprised if he trades someone no one is expecting to get traded. My guess is Osgood and Williams.

My post on page 2 of this thread has the daily numbers and unfortunately Leadzedder is right, Leino + Lebda + May is not quite enough. About 45k in full season salary short.

And keep Lebda instead? :rolleyes:

Absolutely, Lebda has proved that he's an NHL player and he's better than people give him credit for. Ericsson is almost 26 and has been just plain terrible. I believe the organization just has a hardon for Ericsson because of his size and this team has a deficiency in that area. At least Lebda can get a shot on goal, 99% of Ericsson's shot are way WIDE.

Lebda > Ericsson and he makes less, I'm stick of hearing about E's potential at this point.

Absolutely, Lebda has proved that he's an NHL player and he's better than people give him credit for. Ericsson is almost 26 and has been just plain terrible. I believe the organization just has a hardon for Ericsson because of his size and this team has a deficiency in that area. At least Lebda can get a shot on goal, 99% of Ericsson's shot are way WIDE.

Lebda > Ericsson and he makes less, I'm stick of hearing about E's potential at this point.

Then you shouldn't make that kinda statements. Ericsson still has potential. Bigger players usually reach their peak later than smaller player. Ericsson already has the size, but he can still improve his offensive skills. He also reads the game well enough.

Then you shouldn't make that kinda statements. Ericsson still has potential. Bigger players usually reach their peak later than smaller player. Ericsson already has the size, but he can still improve his offensive skills. He also reads the game well enough.

What?? I'm sick of hearing it because I don't feel he's shown any potential. The way I see it, he's constantly out of position, pinches when he shouldn't, doesn't use his size and can't win 1-on-1 battles in the corners. The other night against the Ducks he had a great pass to Filppula, but that was the first really impressive thing I've seen him do in weeks. He's on the ice for more goals against than any Detroit player by a long shot.

By the way, I think not being able to "read the game" might be his biggest weakness. Your statement make me think you believe I have a personal grudge against him, I just judge his game and I hope he gets it together if he can keep his job here in Detroit. The reason I suggest we trade him is because he's still widely believed to have that potential you speak of, hence a greater return, I personally don't see it and I've watch 99% of his NHL games very closely.

Edited by b-random

What?? I'm sick of hearing it because I don't feel he's shown any potential. The way I see it, he's constantly out of position, pinches when he shouldn't, doesn't use his size and can't win 1-on-1 battles in the corners. The other night against the Ducks he had a great pass to Filppula, but that was the first really impressive thing I've seen him do in weeks. He's on the ice for more goals against than any Detroit player by a long shot.

By the way, I think not being able to "read the game" might be his biggest weakness. Your statement make me think you believe I have a personal grudge against him, I just judge his game and I hope he gets it together if he can keep his job here in Detroit. The reason I suggest we trade him is because he's still widely believed to have that potential you speak of, hence a greater return, I personally don't see it and I've watch 99% of his NHL games very closely.

Lebda is the stupidest Dman we have, just watch him for 5 shifts, he will pinch at the worst times, he will make horrible moves in the defensive zone, he will make s***ty passes and thats just par for the course for him, Im not even referring to he is having an off night. Ericsson is young, its his first year, people expected him to be Lids Jr this year, and I been saying that everyone would be let down the whole time, Dmen like Ericsson peak given time, not the second they are thrown into the fire. Ericsson's DOWNSIDE is still better than Lebda's UPSIDE PERIOD.