• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Does Holland have the courage to tank this team?

Rate this topic

Compliments to Drake on a good, well-written and thought out topic.

The Wings are somewhat overlooked sometimes because they don't have the "Hot Young Star" like the Hawks, Pens and Caps do. However, they have managed to stay at the top of (or near) the top of the heap for close to 15 years. Whereas these other teams come in cycles, suck for a while, pick up a lot of sweet draft picks, then they are good again. I'd rather have the Wings model, but, that's just me.

A plausible (as others have started to mention), albeit extraordinarily unlikely scenario: the Wings keep sliding, end up sellers at the deadline, and shop ... Nick Lidstrom. Yep, Lidstrom. Ken tells Nick that the best way he could help the team's future would be to agree to a trade to a contender for a blue-chip prospect and/or pick or three, and then the two of them will talk again in July.

Wildly improbable, I know. Still, it's an interesting scenario to ponder.

Except, for all intents and purposes, we're pretty much at the trade deadline now -- with only 3 more games until the March 3 deadline. Even with 3 straight losses, the Wings are still in contention.

Guest mindfly
Playing for St. Petersburg in the KHL apparently (it says so on wikipedia).

Used up a good 1st round pick for a russian who played about 2seasons in detroit before returning to his homecountry.... :rolleyes:

Although 6'5 230 is great...

3 hours ago, Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) said:

Looks like 6 years later we have an answer

Would you if if you saw someone in the same position as you get fired for trading 2 players who were both expiring contracts?

Edited by kliq