• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
titanium2

How 'bout that Jonathan Toews?

Rate this topic

He was selected for the all-star team atleast. He was great this tournament.

Unlike Crosby, Toews actually comes close to living up to the legacy of guys like Yzerman and Sakic. Really like him, shame he is "paired up" with Kane on the Hawks.

Unlike Crosby, Toews actually comes close to living up to the legacy of guys like Yzerman and Sakic. Really like him, shame he is "paired up" with Kane on the Hawks.

What all-star team? Did they announce who the MVP is already?

Every great player has douchy teammates. Even Yzerman.

What all-star team? Did they announce who the MVP is already?

All-Star Team

Goaltender: Ryan MILLER (USA)

Defenceman: Brian RAFALSKI (USA)

Defenceman: Shea WEBER (CAN)

Forward: Pavol DEMITRA (SVK)

Forward: Jonathan TOEWS (CAN)

Forward: Zach PARISE (USA)

Most valuable player: Ryan MILLER (USA)

Tournament Directorate Best Player Awards

Defenceman: Brian RAFALSKI (USA)

Great for Toews, bad for the Wings, that we've gotta deal with Yzerman Jr. For the next 15 years. no doubt him and Kane bring a Cup to Chicago.

Great for Toews, bad for the Wings, that we've gotta deal with Yzerman Jr. For the next 15 years. no doubt him and Kane bring a Cup to Chicago.

If he really is the next Yzerman then he won't win a cup for a while. In order to fulfill his destiny he will leave the Hawks one way or another and become a Red Wing.

I also thought the play of Nash should be recognised. The central division was really well repsresented at these games. Rafalski, Kane,Nash,Toews,Keith Seabrook. Shows how strong the diivision really is.

They already decided it that quick?

Journalists submit their choices in the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd period of the final.

Miller was the obvious choice. No other player in the tournament really came close to being as important as him.

Journalists submit their choices in the intermission between the 2nd and 3rd period of the final.

Miller was the obvious choice. No other player in the tournament really came close to being as important as him.

Even if the states only got the bronze I'm sure Miller would have recieved MVP

If he really is the next Yzerman then he won't win a cup for a while. In order to fulfill his destiny he will leave the Hawks one way or another and become a Red Wing.

toews will be a red wing eventually, learn to love the guy.... him and richards were the best canadians today... AHHHHHHHH all the canadian haters who thought richie and morrow shouldn't have been on the team.... eat it!!!

need guys like that to win

On Steve Yzerman.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/ol...s-85789542.html

"You just know that every word that comes out of his mouth is very credible," said 21-year-old forward Jonathan Toews, who had a breakout tournament. "He's got so much experience at winning at any level, international and in the NHL. He's such a respectable guy so everything that he has to say, you listen."

"He's such a calm guy all the time, that really kind of becomes contagious," said Toews. "He's always said, 'Enjoy the moment and go out there and don't worry about everything that's being said or that's going on. Just go out there and play."'

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
toews will be a red wing eventually, learn to love the guy.... him and richards were the best canadians today... AHHHHHHHH all the canadian haters who thought richie and morrow shouldn't have been on the team.... eat it!!!

need guys like that to win

Keep dreaming... Though I could see us getting Richards. Would love both obviously :thumbup:

Guest Four

Tournament Directorate Best Player Awards

AGRREEEEEDDDD

As a Canadian I have really liked Toews since he showed up and had such a huge tournament in the World juniors. I've personally never had a problem with the Blackhawks but obviously they are burning us a little bit this year. But my love for Toews has obviuosly grown after this Olympics. I would love for him to be a Wing one day and I actually made a post in another thread last week talkin gabout how bad his re-signing stings that much more now that Yzerman and Babcock's man love for Toews has grown that much more.

Anyone else think Miller should have had that one?

I think Miller had an absolutely dominant tournament but I agree, I think he could have had it. It looked liek he was thinking poke check on that won but showed too early and Crosby went five-hole. It's really too bad because even though I'm Canadian (and a huge Miller fan) I hated to see Miller lose on a goal like that. I would have much rather seen it happen on a goal he had no chance on.

Keep dreaming... Though I could see us getting Richards. Would love both obviously :thumbup:

I was so pissed when ppl were laughing at the idea of Mike RIchards being named to this team because in my mind he was one of the guys we absolutely needed on team Canada. That being said, the Flyers have their captain locked up long term (until 2020 when he'll be 35). It's unfortunate because he's absolutely one of my favourite players and the kind of guy the Wings absolutely could use. He's the type of player you build a team around.