203 replies to this topic

#141 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:40 PM

Negative 1 now... yay! now I don't feel left out. Posted Image

P.S. Love the new smiley/emoticons window.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#142 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:57 PM

Anyone know if Matt is working on this red&white red wing theme and the march wallpaper.. heard a bird twitter that it was suppose to be done the weekend that was but...

#143 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Anyone know if Matt is working on this red&white red wing theme and the march wallpaper.. heard a bird twitter that it was suppose to be done the weekend that was but...

Have you lended any of your skills in allowing that to happen quicker?

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#144 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

Have you lended any of your skills in allowing that to happen quicker?

Not my area sorry.

#145 Jedi

Jedi

Spell Forged - Unparalleled Quality

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,807 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

I know. It's sooooo inconvenient for us that he has to have a full time job, and a family that he wants to spend time with, and a laptop that's twice been in for repairs, and having to solve issues where members were unable to sign in, and that he's working on implementing changes on a newer version of a forum that might just be taking him as much time to get used to as us...

I mean, doesn't he know that we're dealing with *gasp* Green and Blue here? And what of our poor outdated wallpapers?! Oh the horror...

Patience, young Padawan. Good things come to those who wait.

snyoep.jpg
"I am the sword in the darkness... I am the watcher on the walls...
I am the shield that guards the realms of men..."

#146 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Thanks, Jedi. For what it's worth, site Boosters have been using the new skin (in it's work-in-progress state) as an option since last night. It'll be released soon -- the plan is sometime tonight.

As for the Reputation system, I changed the allowances for some member groups. (And yes, I can limit the daily allowances for both positive and negative rep by member group.)

#147 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Thanks, Jedi. For what it's worth, site Boosters have been using the new skin (in it's work-in-progress state) as an option since last night. It'll be released soon -- the plan is sometime tonight.

As for the Reputation system, I changed the allowances for some member groups. (And yes, I can limit the daily allowances for both positive and negative rep by member group.)

Thanks for the update Matt! Knowing your work, the new skin will be great. Can't wait to see it!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#148 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 09:45 PM

Please don't feel you have to rush anything. We ALL can wait until you have the time to work on everything. No one here is going to drop dead if the new skin isn't ready or the new wallpaper isn't done, and frankly it's insulting to be so demanding to someone you don't know, for something you don't pay for. Just my $0.02.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#149 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Please don't feel you have to rush anything. We ALL can wait until you have the time to work on everything. No one here is going to drop dead if the new skin isn't ready or the new wallpaper isn't done, and frankly it's insulting to be so demanding to someone you don't know, for something you don't pay for. Just my $0.02.

x2
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#150 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:56 PM

My point exactly except I held back for fear of coming off as an *******.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#151 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:33 AM

Does that mean I came off like an *******? Because I honestly wasn't going for that.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#152 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:56 AM

Does that mean I came off like an *******? Because I honestly wasn't going for that.

Pretty much. :lol:

No, I just likely wouldn't have come off as polite. I'm tired of people bitching about nickle and dime s*** when they're lucky the forum is up and running. That, and I see in red and white anyway.

Edited by Hockeytown Red Wings, 10 March 2010 - 12:58 AM.

#153 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,076 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:41 AM

Almost there, folks. Some minor bugs to iron out and some formatting and it'll be good to go. Tomorrow night -- PROMISE!

#154 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Almost there, folks. Some minor bugs to iron out and some formatting and it'll be good to go. Tomorrow night -- PROMISE!

You the man, Matt!
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#155 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

Is he the same Matt that runs RedWingsCentral?

#156 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:22 AM

Is he the same Matt that runs RedWingsCentral?

Nope.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#157 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 02:34 AM

i like how the forum looks now more than before

Posted Image

#158 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 08:03 AM

Wow, a -114 rating for myself presently. :D

Seriously, I'm not all that special. Somebody honestly really needs to find better use of their time instead of just marking and spamming people's reputations on here up and down a bajillion points a day.

I'll restate like on the previous page, I really don't care about my own status/rep thingy on here, it's just pretty pitiful and humorous the attention somebody is giving me regarding it. More of me being curious.

Are there different filters or rules you can set on the reputation level if it is kept, or is this the best way the Web site environment works as it is presently laid out Matt? Because I wouldn't be too shocked if every now and then you're just going to have members who just don't like others (or overly like some people perhaps), and want to spam somebody's rep level to absurd numbers.

It's happened to me two days in a row now. And I personally don't care and am not crying about it in terms of bad reputation, I think it could actually be a fun feature if used better/not spammed, just something else possibly worth considering whenever you get close to wrapping the Web site up.

EDIT: To further and quickly add after I skimmed a few threads I typically go in most days being naturally curious, it's sad when you are the only one getting - rep posts, or reputation posts of any kind, in the Water Cooler when there is no other activity in there regarding the reputation status, either + or -. Random threads in the water cooler that have pretty much nothing to do with anything and are about as unharmful and non-offensive to people as it can get. There's no reason to really use the reputation feature in those threads over and over again since those threads aren't offending or don't have much to do with hockey talk typically.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 10 March 2010 - 09:37 AM.

#159 Electrophile

Electrophile

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

I really like the skin you've been working on, Matt. Keep up the good work!

Edited by Electrophile, 10 March 2010 - 11:34 AM.

#160 ManLuv4Clears

ManLuv4Clears

Tough As Nails

• Gold Booster
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 11:34 AM

I think Matt needs to scrap the Reputation System. As they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. While there are truly positive and fun uses for it, the dingbats who want to be petty and vindictive will spoil it for the rest of us and maybe you shouldn't give them a toy to play with if that's what they're going to do with it.

I gave you a "+" for your post, are you singing a different tune now? :P Joking aside, I agree with you. It's a great feature if the system was used responsibly, however that will probably never be the case.