• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

This game shows the WIngs will be dangerous in the playoffs. Are good players were pretty damn good today.

Really? Cause any other game like that would have ended up in the L column. Way too freakin close for a 3 goal lead.

This didn't feel so much like a win, as it did Chicago simply ran out of time.

Wings got saved by a horrendous call to waive off the Kane goal...

do you know how many times the wings had horrible calls like that this season?

to finally have one go our way and capitalize and score 5 goals in that period was amazing!

Guest Four

I'm glad we won, but we deff. should not have.. We were terrible for 2 periods.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

How huge can a win get? :D

It's obvious chicago is a much better team and would own the wings so bad had they just had a decent goalie..

Let's hope it's nothing serious with bert I don't wanna see Meech play forward :/

I'm sorry but are goalies excluded from teams now? Thats like saying "It's obvious Team A has a great Defense but they've only scored 1 goal a game".

Scary end to the game. Big, big win. Now if Calgary loses to Minny and we beat them next game... suddenly things would look a whole lot better for us.

God, I hope Calgary for once loses after a Wings win.

On a more positive note, this board is much easier to navigate through without the ads. Terrific connection speeed!

Guest Shoreline

That was a damn close call, and I was laughing at how Ladd tried to dive at the end to draw a penalty, and how Howard gave it to Buff for using his arms to try and interfere and hit him twice in the head.

The Wings defense sucked but I don't care. They managed to come back and pull out a win versus the #1 or #2 seed in the West and a division rival they might face if they make the playoffs. Damn good game by the boys.

Please for the love of god DO NOT play franzen in this game, three games versus chicago three injuries, all knee injuries too i think.... especially united centre... I fear he will get injured again

Looks like Bertuzzi took his place. Looked like a knee on knee. Way to go, Eager. Didn't even have to be near the frickkin' play. :angry:

God, I hope Calgary for once loses after a Wings win.

On a more positive note, this board is much easier to navigate through without the ads. Terrific connection speeed!

Don't you miss the snot commercial?

FINAL: 5-4 Red Wings

SOG: 32 to 25, Hawks

1st Period Summary

TIME TEAM SCORING DETAIL SCORE

4:24 Duncan Keith (13)

Assists: Brent Seabrook, Patrick Kane Chicago 1-0

11:37 Andrew Ladd (13)

Unassisted Chicago 2-0

TIME TEAM PENALTY DETAIL

No penalties this period

2nd Period Summary

4:12 Brian Rafalski (5) (Power Play)

Assists: Nicklas Lidstrom, Henrik Zetterberg Chicago 2-1

4:40 Nicklas Lidstrom (8)

Assists: Valtteri Filppula, Todd Bertuzzi Game tied 2-2

9:45 Jason Williams (6)

Assists: Henrik Zetterberg, Brian Rafalski Detroit 3-2

10:27 Valtteri Filppula (7)

Assists: Todd Bertuzzi, Drew Miller Detroit 4-2

19:57 Pavel Datsyuk (19)

Unassisted Detroit 5-2

TIME TEAM PENALTY DETAIL

0:53 Tomas Holmstrom: 2 Minutes for Holding Niklas Hjalmarsson

3:18 Dave Bolland: 2 Minutes for Tripping Tomas Holmstrom

3:18 Tomas Holmstrom: 2 Minutes for Goalkeeper Interference Cristobal Huet

3:42 Duncan Keith: 2 Minutes for High-sticking Johan Franzen

3rd Period Summary

1:59 Andrew Ladd (14)

Assists: Kim Johnsson, John Madden Detroit 5-3

12:06 Andrew Ladd (15)

Assists: Duncan Keith, John Madden Detroit 5-4

TIME TEAM PENALTY DETAIL

8:16 Kris Versteeg: 2 Minutes for Roughing Brian Rafalski

8:16 Brian Rafalski: 2 Minutes for Roughing Kris Versteeg

12:56 Henrik Zetterberg: 2 Minutes for Holding Kris Versteeg

Too many close games like this for the Wings! Why can't we just get a lead an hold in against teams. My heart was racing there at the end. Looks like Datsyuk was alright after taking that shot to the foot.

Anyone else get tired of listening to Pierre and Eddie that entire game?

Well, I'm laughing now, but only cos we held on. For all the cardiac arrests, we had a few good shifts in the last 5 mins, holding them in their zone, causing offsides etc. But Chicago have too much offensive firepower for them not to create chances when they're chasing a game.

The last 2 games against the Hawks have been awesome, what chance a 1st round matchup?

Huge game and challenge for the Wings. I'd say things will go good as long as they don't play with their heads in their asses.

Oh also, for Franzen to not get injured like has has been against the Hawks for some reason. Here's for a huge game!

Red Wings 5 (Datsyuk, Homer, Franzen, Filppula, Lidstrom)

Blackhawks 4

LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!

:blink: Good call! OK, so you got some of the scorers off, but ya did good! :thumbup:

Guest mindfly

I'm still scared s***less by chicago, it's such a good team, they have 3lines that are 1st lines really...and keith well he's the norris winner this year... I would much rather play the sharks who have players with no heart but chicago will win their first series and then if wings win against sharks it's over against hawks in a 7game series

The goalie interference on the Kane goal was a pretty weak call in my opinion. HOWEVER, we get screwed over all the time when it comes to goals being taken away, so I consider it karma. The Blackhawks were up 2-0 anyway at that point. They could have held onto their lead. I feel really good about this win, but I just wish this team would learn how to not let it get so close at the end.

Honestly, I don't care who wins the Central this year. Let them have the Division Champion banner. I'll take a Stanley Cup banner in June.