• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

3/19 GDT: Red Wings 2 at Oilers 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

I know that everyone is a little on edge about tonights game but I can hoenstly tell you that I think we're witnessing the Wings turn the corner. I think we'll see the Wings hit full stride tonight and they're going to be rolling. I really see the offence clicking and the special teams continuing to roll. I think we win handedly 5-1 with our big line of Franzen - Datsyuk - Holmstrom being responsible for 3.

I do not think the wings will take this game lightly. They are playing much better as of late then when they played the Oil previously. I think we will win fairly easily. I will say 5-2 wings.

Mule, Pav x2, Kronner, Bert (its gotta happen sometime)

Hah, Edmonton's injury list looks like ours used to.

Last place team, starting a rookie goaltender looking for his first NHL win, sounds like a recipe for disaster to my cynical side.

We have to go out swinging and get the early knockdown, them never let up. Anything other than a victory by 3+ goals should be viewed as a disappointment.

No Mercy!

Guest mindfly

Perhaps kill them in the 1st period scoring 5goal then control the rest and minimize icetime for lidstrom, datsyuk etc because of back-to-back games - playing at vancouver tomorrow...

This should be easy points....

Please win

go wings.

It always makes me cringe when I here things like this before a game such as tonights. It's like when people use the "S" word before or during a game.

Perhaps kill them in the 1st period scoring 5goal then control the rest and minimize icetime for lidstrom, datsyuk etc because of back-to-back games - playing at vancouver tomorrow...

Agreed. Even potting 2-3 in the first should help the Wings roll the lines and keep the big guns' TOI in check. Tomorrow is gonna be a huge test and the Wings will definetely need to have their legs under them in order to get to the net and stay there against a goalie such as Luongo.

"Rookie goaltender Devan Dubnyk is expected to start Friday, and he'll be looking for his first NHL win. Dubnyk is 0-8-2 in 13 appearances, including 10 starts, with a 4.16 goals-against average and .868 save percentage."

If this is a nutshell detroit game he will have the game of his life, stand on his head make 45saves for his first career win and also first shutout in the same game.. :hehe:

Updated in the OP

Tonight's Officials:

Referees: #18 Greg Kimmerly and #6 Dan Marouelli

----

Linsemen:#73 Vaughan Rody and #56 Mark Wheeler

If Columbus, COLUMBUS can do it, we should have no problem. I'm done being nervous every game, they have had time to gel. It is what it is from here on out.

oilers_losers-1.gif

BTW, Columbus, COLUMBUS, scored 5 goals on them...without Rick Nash!

Edited by Marty Barry

Guest mindfly

would 4 games be their longest winning streak this season?

Yes... funny init

Don't know if anyone noticed but in the projected starters pic for Dubnyk the puck is in the net. :lol:

yea i'm pretty sure that has been done on purpose, if i'm not mistaken the pic for Kiprusoff when we played the Flames last the puck was in the net

Ahh...you've caught on to my evil plan.

mika.jpg

Hats off to you. :clap:

EDM Devan Dubnyk

0-8-2, 4.16 GAA, .868 SV %, 3 SO

ouch, Wings should light this guy up.

3 Shutouts and not 1 win? Does he get one if he comes in relieve or something?

Hats off to you. :clap:

3 Shutouts and not 1 win? Does he get one if he comes in relieve or something?

Just a mistake - I originally had Deslouriers as the starter and had to change the stats when word got out that Dubnyk was starting, forgot to remove the shutout stat.