• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Music played at JLA

Rate this topic

I know we have threads about the music. I was wondering if someone has any idea the songs they play during the games. Even when they come out before the game starts? How about the song they play before they drop of the puck to start the game? Also to get the crowd going. They have a lot of sweet techno. Even the music they play at intermissions. Does anybody know? Maybe could generate a small play-list for me so I can find these online. Hopefully someone knows what im talking about and going to the games you guys can remember. Thanks!

Yep.

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Eagles - Get Over It

Beatles - I Saw Her Standing There

Sandstorm

Stompin' Tom Connors - The Hockey Game

That, "everybody clap your hands" song.

Sandstorm

Guest mindfly

What song is played just before the game starts at puckdrop? sounds like some techno s***?

Edited by mindfly

Last few times I've been there they've played "Mama's Room" by Under the Influence of Giants before warm-up. "New Divide" by Linkin Park was played a few times. "Crash" by Decyfer Down was used in the playoffs last season and so was "Hunt You Down" by Saliva.

When the opponent get's a hooking penalty, they like to play "Hooked on a Feeling." Also, don't know how often they did this, but when Hasek flipped Gaborik, they played "Fly Like an Eagle." I watch a lot of hockey on TV, and it seems like the Joe plays the most relevant and clever music at the perfect time.

I Fought The Law - The Clash (opposition penalty)

Dragnet Theme - same

Star Wars - Imperial March - (Wings powerplay)

Tubthumping - Chumbawumba - In the Pittsburgh game when Howard went down from a Z knee - "I get knocked down, but I get up again, ain't never gonna keep me down..."

There's some relevant song for a holding penalty too, but I can't remember what it is.

Yeah, I do smile at the quick-witted music choices during the game.

What I find amusing is when I'm watching FSN Detroit the opening with Mickey, and Ken you can hear in the background the

over the PA system in the Joe.

That I know is there opening video to every game at the Joe. That's epic!

but when Hasek flipped Gaborik, they played "Fly Like an Eagle."

I thought it was "I Believe I Can Fly"?

Whenever Dan O'Halloran makes one of his bogus trademark phantom calls they play this fitting song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwCt0YQPn7g

"I said hey yeah yeah yeah, hey yeah yeah, I said hey... What's going on?"

They used to play Kalinka after Datsyuk scored:

But now they play Calle Ocho:

Whenever Zetterberg scores they play "The Hey Song" but instead of "Hey!" they chant "HANK!!!"

That inspired me to create this:

thehanksong.jpg

Edited by titanium2

I have never understood why people always shut journey down by saying "there isn't even a south detroit!" .....Uh last time I checked, everything has a south SIDE. I don't think it is referencing south Detroit as a city but just the south SIDE. Just as my town has an East side, a West side, a South side (which is called the South end) and the North (also called North Banks)

Rant off.

Wish Kalinka still layed for Dats.

Russia > Brazil... jeez.

Uprising - Muse (is a staple now)

Inavders Must Die - Prodigy (the coda is played when a shootout is being prepared)

I'm sorry but does anyone else find our DJ - INCREDIBLY CHEESY- I mean I get the whole play a song which corresponds to real action pitch but I watch every game like most of you and it just gets old and lame. The oregan belongs at a Tigers game IMHO. I mean, other teams around the league have cool songs to sing along to when a goal is scored (Bro Hymne Tribute, Ducks) comes to mind... Don't Stop Believing is way overplayed - not to mention there's no such thing as "south detroit" South Detroit would be the river/windsor. I think its time to offer up the position who can liven the place up more than the current DJ as well, honestly I mean in the 90's when they'd play 'hey hey hockeytown' the place was on fire, obviously a different more electric era than today.. but we need a new selection. If I have to hear 'No more Mr.Nice Guy' one more time after we get scored on im going to spontaneously combust.