• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#41 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,244 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:49 PM

It's pretty sad when your fanbase has to be encouraged to be louder than the opposing fans in your OWN building.

I loved the part how where it said Phoenix fans are polite and reserved at sporting events. Ya think? Can much come from 12 people at a Coyotes game?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#42 ltgator333

ltgator333

Combustion on Contact

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:52 PM

Actually- a good portion of the tickets sold in that arena when the Wings are in town are to Wing fans, am I right? So if Wings fans didn't show up, maybe they wouldn't make squat for $ on the two playoff games they host this year and finally have to move that dive-bomb franchise to somewhere that should have them.

Would serve them right for talking trash, imo.
- LT

#43 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:09 PM

Bring signs to the game. It doesn't matter what they say because they aren't to show support, but just in case you have Wing fans behind you you can totally ruin their game experience and discourage them from coming to future games.

Wow. Just wow.

I was about to point out that odds are they'd be blocking the line of sight for a Coyotes fan... then I realized that those odds only apply to teams who can sell at least half their arena out to fans of the home team.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#44 Gordie Howe hat trick

Gordie Howe hat trick

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

I think it's absolutely amazing that the Coyotes HAVE a devoted blogger.

How old is the site? Was it just created?

Can we just stop, Phoenix? Wasn't it a "Save the Coyotes" pep rally that produced 250 people last year? Come-*******-on. It would be cute for them to win a series if the "fanbase" wasn't so much the epitome of "bandwagon."

No I think that is Chicago...watch the same thing happen to both teams when they are kicked out of the playoffs...those "diehard" fans will end up going back to not giving their respective teams so much as a second thought.

Of all the western conference first round matchups, this is the most vicious.

i donít care if we lose game one, as long as we take every redwings star player and murder them.

Detroitís been mediocre all year, and once their stars came back, they gaained steam. Best way to end steam? Put out the fire.

I am concerned with the Wings fans that might attend the playoff games. I may end up in jail. This is our time to claim our barn. Iíll be damned if we are overrun with the douchiest fans in the league, in our stadium.

I hope you hear me, Wings fans. Show up during our moment to pull your regular holier-than-thou, youíre gonna get hit. I will personally rip the jerseys from your carcasses and burn them in effigy while urinating on them at the gates.

Wear your ugly, Original Six toiletries into my barn. Iím ready to wipe my ass.

I like my goals like I like my booze..... Top shelf.

by GhostOfLinkGaetz on Apr 11, 2010 4:15 PM MST reply actions 0 recs

Loser!

By top shelf liquor I think he means High Life, after all it is, "The Champagne of Beers." Or whatever else he can sneak out of his dad's garage fridge without being grounded.
"If a guy slashed me, I'd grab his stick, pull him up alongside me and elbow him in the head."

-Gordon "Gordie" Howe-

Overall 3 Gordie Howe hat trick 113 points
2011 playoff pick game

#45 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,919 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:27 PM

By top shelf liquor I think he means High Life, after all it is, "The Champagne of Beers." Or whatever else he can sneak out of his dad's garage fridge without being grounded.

Yea after he woke up at 2:00 in the afternoon and emerging from his basement room in his parents house a couple days after his 31st birthday.

You know this is what I find as the downside to cheering for a team as good as the Red Wings, are these bandwagon fans of other teams who use the Red Wings as an excuse to go insane. I remember last year reading about Ducks fans beating up Red Wings fans or smashing their cars in the parking lot after games. I know there's stupid fans everywhere, but I almost dread watching playoff road games.

As much as we don't like their teams, I'm sure Yankees, Patriots, and Lakers fans can relate.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#46 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:29 PM

Meh, all teams in any sport, in any level, are going to have their a'hole fans. I wouldn't take what this fan had composed with any seriousness and I'd just point and laugh at him.

#47 crotty99

crotty99

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:38 PM

Hah, looks like it's catching on

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl,233704

edit: Oops didn't see there is already a thread on this link.

Edited by crotty99, 12 April 2010 - 08:50 PM.

Posted Image

Thanks TeeMan!

#48 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:52 PM

Of all the western conference first round matchups, this is the most vicious.

i donít care if we lose game one, as long as we take every redwings star player and murder them.

Detroitís been mediocre all year, and once their stars came back, they gaained steam. Best way to end steam? Put out the fire.

I am concerned with the Wings fans that might attend the playoff games. I may end up in jail. This is our time to claim our barn. Iíll be damned if we are overrun with the douchiest fans in the league, in our stadium.

I hope you hear me, Wings fans. Show up during our moment to pull your regular holier-than-thou, youíre gonna get hit. I will personally rip the jerseys from your carcasses and burn them in effigy while urinating on them at the gates.

Wear your ugly, Original Six toiletries into my barn. Iím ready to wipe my ass.

I like my goals like I like my booze..... Top shelf.

by GhostOfLinkGaetz on Apr 11, 2010 4:15 PM MST reply actions 0 recs

I find it harlious that he chose this as his screen name, shows he has some knowledge of Hockey and it's history, too bad he seems to forget Link Gaetz's history with the Detroit Red Wings... No wonder it's his ghost, because he got killed in these fights:

I was at this game!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkkf-L_KeVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scXShE7C-94&feature=fvw

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#49 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,040 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

Cant wait till they move to Winnipeg, meathead wannabee fans. I should have a blog, if monkeys like this Travis guy can, I should too.

#NOMOREKINDL

#50 Wings_Dynasty

Wings_Dynasty

The Greatest Ever

• HoF Booster
  • 3,794 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

Quick impression of hockey fans in 10 years:

"Remember when Phoenix had a team?"

"No."

"I think a tough team, a team that sticks together, is a lot better than leaving the onus on one guy to take care of business." - Brendan Shanahan

It still would be nice to have that one guy.

#51 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Anyone else find it super crazy that we are starting a playoff series against the Phoenix Coyotes on the ROAD

#52 under_par_00

under_par_00

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:41 AM

Quick impression of hockey fans in 10 years:

"Remember when Phoenix had a team?"

"No."

Ahaha nicely done!!

So true....

Edited by under_par_00, 13 April 2010 - 12:41 AM.

#53 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:47 AM

"Holmstrom is a dirty cheater" :D :D :D
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#54 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:18 AM

Today's Coyotes fans are mostly children when it comes to the playoffs. They're not really sure how to deal with it yet.

#55 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:24 AM

Posted Image

All that needs to be said.

3. Holmstrom is a left-hand shot, and that stick has a right-hand curve.

You're welcome. :D

#56 Soul Power

Soul Power

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:31 AM

I think he's just bitter because he's not going to have a team soon. And he'll have to resort back to rooting for the Arizona Cardinals.

#57 hokike

hokike

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:46 AM

it's kind of cute how their fanbase is so giddy about being in the playoffs. /.../

and...what is wrong with that? POs for new expansion teams definitely help to boost popularity of the game...IMO definitely better that spamming one canadian name....
Crosbyís frustration level seemed to reach a boiling point in the final seconds, leading to him cross-checking Zetterberg in the back in front of Detroit goaltender Jimmy Howard(notes).

ďI knew it was him without turning around,Ē Zetterberg said.

#58 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:52 AM

It's pretty sad when your fanbase has to be encouraged to be louder than the opposing fans in your OWN building.

#59 webwing91

webwing91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:19 AM

Calm down. Nothing wrong with getting excited about the playoffs. Hard to disagree with either side though, some super annoying Coyotes fans at the games this year, but then again, there were some douchbag Wings fans too. Got to admit that many Wings fans do have that "holier than though" attitude.

It will be interesting to see if there are that many Wings fans as in the past at games 1 and 2 as many of those tickets were sold before the opponents were decided. I myself waited and decided not to go incase these two teams did play each other.

#60 softshoes

softshoes

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:39 AM

I'm surprised by the amount of comments that blog got. That's more people than I assumed had visited a Coyotes blog total.

People like this are idiots. Last year in Columbus, they had this whole "if you see someone with an octopus, kick their ass" thing going on.

Exactly. Of course Columbus is on another planet.

After going to one UM/OSU game there it's the one place I would never go again.

I will also say that if you bring an octopus into an opponents arena you should expect an ass kicking. I'm not condoning it but you shouldn't be surprised if you end up with a knuckle sammich.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f***in beatin's. The world ends when you're dead. Until then you got more punishment in store.Stand it like a man, and give some back."

- Al Swearengen