31 replies to this topic

#1 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:48 PM

Amazing isn’t it?

In Jimmy Howard's rookie season he has managed to outplay Osgood for the starter position, took on the pressure of being a Detroit Red Wings goalie, punched Crosby, carried the team when up to 9 roster players were injured, was a key part in achieving a record 19th straight playoff run, is a Calder Trophy candidate, had a great first round including his first ever playoff shutout, and still remains to be pretty humble about all of it.

Jimmy, you had me at ‘punched Crosby’.

Posted Image

Edited by Louisville, 28 April 2010 - 09:17 AM.

#2 scottj

scottj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

:wub:

#3 stevieisthebest

stevieisthebest

The Captain

• PipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

I said before the game, "IF we win, I am going to buy a Jimmy Howard jersey" so congrats Jim, i will be wearing your name on my back.
"15,395 Days since they won the cup...3 seconds left, THE DETROiT RED WINGS ARE THE STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!"

"Lemiuex was hammered by Darren McCarty, and he is being helped into the locker room."

Thanks Steve! #19
Thanks Nick! #5

#4 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:56 PM

He played so great today. He should have had the shutout to, just that one fluke goal. Such a strange one.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#5 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

He played so great today. He should have had the shutout to, just that one fluke goal. Such a strange one.

My dad would have stopped it
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#6 skyphoenix

skyphoenix

JIMMEH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 11:58 PM

All in all, he deserved three shutouts this series. He played amazing in those three games.

Posted Image

#7 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:00 AM

My dad would have stopped it

you actually get a plus for that. you made me laugh

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#8 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:02 AM

you actually get a plus for that. you made me laugh

In addition to being one of the best hockey players alive, a future my Olympia (after I cut out all the water weight I got to bulk to my massive yet still aesthetically pleasing body), and a top scholar at a prestigious university, I'm also a gifted comedian.
Victory Honda Forever.

#9 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:03 AM

it would be more funny if you didnt actually believe that.

Posted Image

#10 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

it would be more funny if you didnt actually believe that.

It would be more funny if it weren't true :ph34r:
Victory Honda Forever.

#11 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:09 AM

It would be more funny if the thread was about Howard and not how ripped EZ is.

Ohhh snap.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 28 April 2010 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:10 AM

It would be more funny if the thread was about Howard and not how ripped EZ is.

Way to keep me in line.
Howard is a beast.

Posted Image

#13 AIK'91

AIK'91

Rookie

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:16 AM

In addition to being one of the best hockey players alive, a future my Olympia (after I cut out all the water weight I got to bulk to my massive yet still aesthetically pleasing body), and a top scholar at a prestigious university, I'm also a gifted comedian.

:huh:

Despite being such a top scholar and comedian, the only thing funny about this post is how it's so awkwardly strung together.

#14 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:40 AM

And so humble too!
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#15 Four

Four

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:41 AM

Howard played good for 4 games. Hopefully he can make a habit out of these stellar games, he's beenf****** great.

O.o

#16 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

I happily confess that I was 100% wrong about Howard before the start of the season. Based on Jimmy's prior starts I prayed that Ozzie would stay healthy this year. The kid honestly scared me. It's amazing instead how far Howard has come in this short time!
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"

#17 whitewolf406

whitewolf406

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:20 AM

I happily confess that I was 100% wrong about Howard before the start of the season. Based on Jimmy's prior starts I prayed that Ozzie would stay healthy this year. The kid honestly scared me. It's amazing instead how far Howard has come in this short time!

Just before the game ended, I was telling they guys I watch with that my team MVP this year is Ozzie. I believe that he has decided to prove that if he isn't going to play every day that he still can contribute to this teams success. He has stood up for Howie, helped deflect the media scrutiny ( see game 3 postgame ), and made sure there has been no disruptions in the locker room. Then I look back to the TV and it seems like the first guy over the bench to the net is Ozzie. I thought it was fitting he led him though the handshake line.
Bozeman, Montana

#18 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:00 AM

I found it interesting during the game (if you watched Versus) those two horrible announcers were talking about J-Ho and his lack of success in the AHL (Stats compared to what he did in the NHL) and they said; he was pressuring himself to be perfect, so that he could get to the big club as early as possible. But then learned that if he was patient good things would come his way.

GO HOWARD GO WINGS!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#19 Louisville

Louisville

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 09:07 AM

I agree, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the puck was supposed to hit the ice on a face off? Look like Fiddler just shot it in mid air..

#20 Gizmo

Gizmo

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 10:00 AM

Just before the game ended, I was telling they guys I watch with that my team MVP this year is Ozzie. I believe that he has decided to prove that if he isn't going to play every day that he still can contribute to this teams success. He has stood up for Howie, helped deflect the media scrutiny ( see game 3 postgame ), and made sure there has been no disruptions in the locker room. Then I look back to the TV and it seems like the first guy over the bench to the net is Ozzie. I thought it was fitting he led him though the handshake line.

I agree, it's great that there's chemistry between the two. Ozzie's playing his hand well. I'm glad he's not pulled a "Legace" with a "I'm #1, or I'm gone!" 'tude!
"Cry 'Havoc' and let slip Tomas Holmstrom!!!"

"In-a da crease... outta da crease... in-a da crease... outta da crease!!!"