• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chrisdetroit

Pens get lucky AGAIN

Rate this topic

At this point no matter what team in the west wins, that western conference team gets home ice in the finals though, correct?

That's gotta count for something. lol

Edited by Branton87

Guest Crymson

Remember when the Ducks took care of the Sharks and the Stars took care of the Ducks?

We handled Dallas pretty easily, it happens.

The Stars defeated both the Ducks and the Sharks that year.

The Stars defeated both the Ducks and the Sharks that year.

im pretty sure it was the 8th seed ducks taking out the 1st seed sharks and then they lost to the stars

Not gonna lie here, when it comes to sports, I hate the city of Boston more than any because when it comes to all the major sports, they are the only city that comes to mind that has Detroit beat overall. Hate Randy Moss, hate Josh Beckett, hate Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. I don't think the Bruins have any individual that I hate... yet, but I'm sure one will come out sooner or later.

All of that in mind, there is nothing that I would love to see more than the Bruins knock the s*** out of the Pens if that meeting were to ever occur. Sure I'd love to see the Wings win it all but I've always had a nagging feeling that this is a stopgap, transition year, learning experience, whatever you want to call it for the Red Wings. Not so much for the top guys, but for the youthful role players and Howard. If the Bruins are to come out of the East, I might start to believe that the world can be a fair place every now and again. My faith in that regard took a huge hit after Whiny Face scored the gold medal winning goal.

Whats the point here? They are the best all round team in the East. They're offensively and defensively sound. No other team in the East has that. So, are you saying its unfair that they are good? How many times have we heard how Detroit has the weakest division in the league so its not hard to win every year. It pays to be good. Bottom line. I'm no Pens fan by any means, but face facts, they are scary good, without or without the refs on their side. While we play San Jose they play Montreal, whats the issue? Its unfair that we finished as a lower seed so we have to play a better team now? So its unfair to the rest of the league that the Wings had to play lower teams every other year because they finished first? I don't understand your rant here, sorry.

New Jersey or Washington certainly would have given the Pens a run for their money and Buffalo would have been competative. The Pens are good but IMO they are not that great. But the hockey gods gave them another free pass this year. You assume that they would win the east against anybody. I want to see them earn it. THAT is the issue.

I am not talking about who finished a lower seed, that is irrelevant. My complaint is that in the east the top 3 teams all lost and in the west they all won so the Pens were practically given a ticket to the finals.

At this point no matter what team in the west wins, that western conference team gets home ice in the finals though, correct?

That's gotta count for something. lol

No. The Wings are a 5th seed and the Pens a 4th...

ya u guys are right about the Stars taking both those teams out, my memory was a little foggy

either way my point still stands

Edited by Yak19

The Pens luck swings like a pendulum and always has. They're lucky enough to get Michel Briere, then he gets killed in a car accident. They get Mario, win two Cups, then the franchise files for bankruptcy. They're bad for awhile, but they get Fleury, Malkin, Crosby and Staal because of it. The team almost moves out of Pittsburgh, but they stay and win another Cup a couple years later.

I kind of understand it, but why do people want the Pens to get knocked out of the playoffs? I mean, I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if they lost before making it to the Finals either, but nothing would make me happier than to see the Wings beat their ass and take back the Cup. That can't happen unless they get to the Finals. Nothing would say "We're better than you, now go away" better than winning the Cup in the final game at Mellon Arena.

It was 17 years between their 3 cups. I would rather see them not even make the playoffs. If they were to lose in the finals, the commercials with Sid would play up the fact that they made it to the finals 3 years in a row and gloss over the fact that they lost.

Wings would have home ice against the Pens, they have more points.

If that's the case, then why are so many people claiming we're not that good? I mean, we have more points than the defending champions. If we're bad, what does that say about Pittsburgh?

Guest scottj

hint: people are stupid and talk about stuff that they have no business talking about... they see 4th seed and automatically think it means "better than 5th seed" even if they're in a different conference

At least Staal is out.

Now they're saying, he's supposed to be back next round.

Pens are also lucky with respect to the scheduling this year and last year not mentioning minimal travel with no time difference compared to Wings. Plus Bettman and the Refs let Crosby get away with stuff all the time.

Is this any news? The last three playoffs have been a yellow brick road for the Pens and the Finals... There is no competition and the East is a total farce tell me something I didn't know

Yeah its just how easy the east is. As much as I grew up loving the Pens as my Second favorite team, its just not the same anymore, its all about Crosby and I would love to believe in some sort of conspiracy theory to keep Crosby in the championship picture. I don't think its got anything to do with luck or conspiracy just a terrible eastern conference. I will root for whoever comes out of the West even the Blackhawks and I despise them.

As much as I grew up loving the Pens as my Second favorite team, its just not the same anymore, its all about Crosby...

Same way for me. I used to love the Pens, but Crosby has really soured me on them. How far has the Crosby-mania gone? They sell t-shirts here, that have "Crosby 87" on the back and the front has gold triangle, but instead of the Penguin on skates, it has the number 87. At this rate, in 10 years, they'll be the Pittsburgh Sidney Crosbys.

The Crosby overkill coverage is what has ruined a lot hockey for me. I feel bad for the other Penguins, because when something good happens Crosby is always mentioned, even if he had nothing to do with it. It looks like they have an easy trip to the ECF and a good shot at a 3rd straight appearance in the SCF, which would suck. If the Wings made it back I think that would be crazy, considering how everything has gone for them this season, and in a different fashion versus the Penguins just showing up for games in the East.

Same way for me. I used to love the Pens, but Crosby has really soured me on them. How far has the Crosby-mania gone? They sell t-shirts here, that have "Crosby 87" on the back and the front has gold triangle, but instead of the Penguin on skates, it has the number 87. At this rate, in 10 years, they'll be the Pittsburgh Sidney Crosbys.

I like this Crosby t-shirt better!

http://www.zazzle.ca/crosby_sucks_tshirt-235033381060675664