#1 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

Just thought some people would want to see them

edit: added homers end of game penalty below

Edited by Namtaru, 05 May 2010 - 09:03 AM.

#2 Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Jr. Prospect

• 22 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:26 AM

I guess it's a penalty to just skate past a guy these days... :rolleyes:

#3 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:48 AM

It's strange to hear fans of opposing teams say things like "These calls are just karma coming back to the Wings for all the beneficial calls they've gotten in the past 17 years!"

#4 miksteri

miksteri

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:13 AM

WTF??? Ive seen some really sh!tty reffing in the finnish league but thats even worse!

#5 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:29 AM

Disgusting.....absolutely disgusting

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#6 FunkedUp

FunkedUp

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:32 AM

Detroit penalty number 96. 2 minutes for playing hockey.

#7 RedLightGoesOn

RedLightGoesOn

Playoff Ice...if you know what I mean

• PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:49 AM

The penalty was what we have seen all series long. This kick in s*** has f***ed us along other teams too many times. If anything, Z was trying to stop the puck to get his stick on it like any hockey player worth is salt. Beat the NHL's team and there goes the officiating. Go figure.
40 for life.

#8 pockets

pockets

Pockets Smash

• PipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:58 AM

the homer call was BAD real real bad thats up there with the no-call trip from the finals two years

#9 Red Wings 2010

Red Wings 2010

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:04 AM

I don't even see a slash?

#10 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

Added homers end of game penalty

#11 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

Even though I don't think Zetterberg actually 'kicked' the puck, under the current rules that goal should not have counted. I think they need to ammend the rule - just as the media was saying here in Canada on TSN.

The Holmstrom call was insane, just as the one late in the 3rd period was. I do not understand how any hockey fan watching this series can objectively say that the Wings aren't getting screwed a little. Obviously the Sharks are getting a few bad calls too but the Wings are getting terrible calls go against them at terrible times and way, way too often.

The officiating is turning me off so much so (even in other non-red wings games) that it's becoming hard to watch.
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#12 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:28 AM

Homer's end of game penalty was pure stupidity on his part.

Also, that was clearly a distinct kicking motion. Can't blame those on the refs.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#13 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 09:34 AM

Also, that was clearly a distinct kicking motion. Can't blame those on the refs.

Agree on both counts. But that "slashing" call and a few others this series have been pretty damned terrible. However, I'm much more disappointed with the Wings inability to hold onto a freaking lead!
thanks offsides!

#14 OldMan333

OldMan333

Attitudes Are Contagious

• 49 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:00 AM

Z was just receiving the pass with his skate, but OK under the current rules maybe it isn't allowed - stupid.
The Homer slashing was pure fabrication to eliminate our power play - stat sheet makes it look like we got a power play but in reality we did not.
Sure the Wings had too many lapses in this series, but the refs truly dictated and controlled the outcome of these three games.
Pisses me off.

#15 travis08

travis08

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

I think the High stick penalty against the sharks was BS too. Lebda is totally embellishing.

#16 donfishmaster

donfishmaster

steviesteenie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

:thumbdown: I've watched all three games and was at the game last night...Homer's "PHANTOM" slash and the stupid disallowed goal occured right in front of me.
The trouble is, last night (and the whole series) there's a dramtic differential in what gets called. Homer gets hacked and whacked last night...no calls. Howard does it, instant penalty. The teams are too evenly balanced for the Wings to overcome the bulls*** officiating, hence three 1-goal games.
What appeared to me and my friends at the game is the Wings started to "back off" the puck in the corners and boards after the first period since any "HOCKEY" play going for the puck was whistled on the Wings and not on the Fish. That's just enough to give the Fish a slight edge, and in an essentially even series talent-wise enough to just barely lose.
I don't know if they showed it on TV, but there was three unbelievably distinct "Fish Dives", one directly in front of us last night. The Fish have learned the can fall down and get a penalty, and falling down won't result in a dive call (for them.) The Wings don't have enough talent differential over the Fish to overcome this disparity, and that's the reason they're going to lose...it IS a done deal.

#17 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:30 AM

I just don't understand. Can you explain? I mean, I'll ignore the fact that I have many years of playing soccer, and it is impossible to "kick" an object with your foot moving forward and have the object hit the side of your foot, and change directions 90 degrees. That is called a re-direction of the object. Now if in fact the object hits the tip/front of the shoe/skate, then yes it's a kick in.

I get that if someone has never played the sport of soccer before may be confused with this, but come on, haven't we all studied physics in highschool/college?

Edit:
In fact, in soccer if this exact situation happened, it would be considered as if the player fanned on kicking the ball, and it just luckily deflected in anyways. Its amazing how simple physics change from sport to sport.

Edited by Jasper84, 05 May 2010 - 10:41 AM.

#18 Namtaru

Namtaru

Rookie

• Pip
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

I honestly dont think that it was a "distinct" kicking motion. Personally, it seems as though he stuck his foot out and it deflected off his kate moreso than him "kicking" it into the net.

I mainly posted the dis goal and homers final penalty just so people could see them, im not saying they were total bs

#19 wingsfan_54

wingsfan_54

Rookie

• Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

I think Mekah is a SJ fan she keeps stating s*** about Detroit and aginst them. That was NOT a penalty on holmstrom either time. 1st time he wound up but didnt touch him last 1 nabby was outta the net by like 5 feet.

I just don't understand. Can you explain? I mean, I'll ignore the fact that I have many years of playing soccer, and it is impossible to "kick" an object with your foot moving forward and have the object hit the side of your foot, and change directions 90 degrees. That is called a re-direction of the object. Now if in fact the object hits the tip/front of the shoe/skate, then yes it's a kick in.

I get that if someone has never played the sport of soccer before may be confused with this, but come on, haven't we all studied physics in highschool/college?

#20 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:47 AM

It's been a long time since I studies physics, that's probably why I saw a kick. I got the science of it all mixed up. That kinda answers my question as to why the water that these guys play on doesn't splash all over the place too I guess. I was going to start a thread about that.

I think Mekah is a SJ fan she keeps stating s*** about Detroit and aginst them. That was NOT a penalty on holmstrom either time. 1st time he wound up but didnt touch him last 1 nabby was outta the net by like 5 feet.

I calls them as I sees them without bias. I don't like the Sharks. At all.

Homer's first penalty was pure BS. Pushing a player down when that player does not have the puck is interference. Pushing him onto another player, especially a goaltender, is rather clear cut interferance. I think you're being a bit of a homer here. I wish I could say that the refs cost us this series, but really, I only thought that game 2 was terrible that way. there's room for argument on the kick, but I think it was pretty clear that Henrik was attemtping to kick the puck into the net, soccer-style.
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."