• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mwagner468

mccrimmon

Rate this topic

I've defended McCrimmon the last couple of years, probably even in this thread, but even I'm on the 'replace McCrimmon' bandwagon now. Not necessarily fire him; I'd be happy with the Wings offering to re-assign him as a scout. I'd honestly like to see Cheli given a shot; his last couple years as a skater he was essentially an extra D coach on the bench and I think, just as much as the addition of McCrimmon, our D has looked considerably crappier every year we haven't had Cheli on the bench.

What about Lidstrom when he retires in a year or two?

Lidstrom, like Yzerman, is destined for front office greatness, that is if he even wants to stay in hockey, he's said all along he plans on moving back to Sweden when he retires and I wouldn't be surprised at all to his him get involved in politics over there...

He's simply too soft spoken and too cerebral to be a coach...

I remember reading on here that Lids had been quoted as saying he's not really good with coaching, because to him, it's just a matter of doing, and he can't really explain what he does.

I remember reading on here that Lids had been quoted as saying he's not really good with coaching, because to him, it's just a matter of doing, and he can't really explain what he does.

you, are correct sir!

Lidstrom, like Yzerman, is destined for front office greatness, that is if he even wants to stay in hockey, he's said all along he plans on moving back to Sweden when he retires and I wouldn't be surprised at all to his him get involved in politics over there...

He's simply too soft spoken and too cerebral to be a coach...

On the other side of the coin, I feel like Chelios would really get under our defense's skin and make some s*** happen.

But yeah, I've been on the "bandwagon" since the beginning. This assclown needs to get away from us ASAP. McCrimmon's obviously not telepathically telling our defense to turn the puck over, but it's the coaching principles and ethics that are out of wack and it shows on the ice. It reared its ugly ******* head last night and hopefully the fans aren't the only ones that noticed.

The overall team defense is sloppy, forwards back but watching the puck - their D-man stepping up unhindered for scoring opportunites. PK not up to it.

The coaching just hasn't been there.

Edited by Green Wing

On the other side of the coin, I feel like Chelios would really get under our defense's skin and make some s*** happen.

But yeah, I've been on the "bandwagon" since the beginning. This assclown needs to get away from us ASAP. McCrimmon's obviously not telepathically telling our defense to turn the puck over, but it's the coaching principles and ethics that are out of wack and it shows on the ice. It reared its ugly ******* head last night and hopefully the fans aren't the only ones that noticed.

I love Chelios and think he WILL be an amazing coach and wouldn't be opposed to him taking over for the D, I'd just prefer that he get some seasoning as a coach at the AHL level for a few years first, then when MacLean gets his head gig (which will surely happen) then you make the move... but regardless, McCrimmon has got to go - when something breaks... look to what changed...

I love Chelios and think he WILL be an amazing coach and wouldn't be opposed to him taking over for the D, I'd just prefer that he get some seasoning as a coach at the AHL level for a few years first, then when MacLean gets his head gig (which will surely happen) then you make the move... but regardless, McCrimmon has got to go - when something breaks... look to what changed...

This.

Even though I kind of disagree with Chelios needing some experience. The guy played until his bones were essentially glass in comparison to other players and he's got a very hockey-oriented mind; enough of one for me to think he'd be a natural.

We havent had a good defense since Barry Smith left. Even when we won the Cup in 08, our defense was suspect, but ever since McCrimmmon has been here...... :puke:

We had the lowest goals against and shots against in the league in 2008. That doesn't quite fit the definition of suspect.

We had the lowest goals against and shots against in the league in 2008. That doesn't quite fit the definition of suspect.

I am telling you what though, we gave up a lot of third periods leads and won a lot of games by 1 goal or last minute wins. But, it still hasnt been the same since Smith left. Maybe it has to do with a declining Lidstrom, of course our quality of forward has declined since then as well. We have softer, smaller, less defensive forwards than we did then too... I dunno, but we all agree that McCrimmon has to go...

he makes for a pretty good scapegoat. i mean, he comes in and then our defensive play suffers, and it didn't before. and since we don't know anything that goes on behind the scenes i say that we get rid of him!

Well, his track record of being considered a terrible defensive coach makes the coincidence a bit suspicious. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, but can you find another explanation as to why our defense suddenly sucks? I know the players are older and slower, but they ALL got worse over the years, even the young ones. It's the system that was breaking down just as much as the players.

I've defended McCrimmon the last couple of years, probably even in this thread, but even I'm on the 'replace McCrimmon' bandwagon now.

Yep.

While I haven't defended him, I have tried to avoid jumping on the "fire McCrimmon" bandwagon, but there is no more denying it. Hes got to go.

in case you haven't heard

FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON FIRE MCCRIMMON :siren: :siren: :siren: :siren: