• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

VM1138

Draper and Osgood Spotted Returning from Florida

Rate this topic

Somehow I think Stevie might try to not make any trades with the Wings just to avoid having it look like collusion. But then, as someone earlier put it, business is business. If it benefits both teams, who cares if it's Detroit and Tampa, or Tampa and Calgary, or Detroit and Boston, etc.

They rode down in the U-Haul with Steve and helped him move his trophy case. Then they flew back. Purely coincidence running into your future mother-in-law.

As for not sitting together on the plane, you ever ride 20 some hrs in a U-Haul with anyone? You'd sit in separate parts of the plane too.

Maybe someone brought this up: Draper scores twice on Osgood

lol, I remember when that happened way back in like....2001 or something.

Funny, if you google "Draper Osgood spotted" The very top link is to Letsgowings.com

More than once I've googled up a rumor or otherwise, and the top source ends up being this site :)

Edited by Joseph Franks

Interesting spin. I was just told a story by my future mother-in-law. For the record, no one involved in this story is a hockey fan so they have no interest in fabricating a story.

Turns out, a friend of hers was on a flight returning from Florida and she sat next to Kris Draper. A few rows back was Osgood.

My first thought was: Wow, that's a coincidence considering Yzerman's recent appointment.

So, with what little information I have given you:

Coincidence? Maybe returning from a vacation? Why weren't their families present then?

Just going to help Yzerman get settled in?

Paying an "official" visit?

It seems strange considering that Osgood would likely want another starting job for a team needing a goalie to work for an old friend. Draper we all expected to stay, but with the new Tampa operation and Detroit not really needing him, perhaps Holland is agreeing to part with Draper to give Yzerman some veteran talent in exchange for a role player or draft pick?

Or is it all nothing? Weird coincidence at the very least.

Who knows but I hope like hell they both go! I love them both but it is a new era my friends! Lets Go Red Wings

Newest rumor on the block!

--------------

In a report fabricated by me, Yzerman has taken over GM duties in Tampa Bay.

He (Yzerman) was quoted as saying, "My main goal here is to bring all of the players from Detroit that aren't needed up there anymore, and replace them with the top guys from Tampa Bay."

When asked how this will make him a successful GM, he replied simply, "Well, I only intend to stay in (Tampa Bay) long enough to get these deals accomplished. Then I will mysteriously vanish from the face of the earth, but secretly take over as GM of Detroit."

"How will you maintain this secret? Won't you have to do news conferences?" Fabrication News Network asked.

"Well, first I'll buy a suit....similar to batman's. I may or may not purchase a cape....that's still up in the air."

--FNN, Detroit 29 MAR 2010

Edited by Joseph Franks

Newest rumor on the block!

--------------

In a report fabricated by me, Yzerman has taken over GM duties in Tampa Bay.

He (Yzerman) was quoted as saying, "My main goal here is to bring all of the players from Detroit that aren't needed up there anymore, and replace them with the top guys from Tampa Bay."

When asked how this will make him a successful GM, he replied simply, "Well, I only intend to stay in (Tampa Bay) long enough to get these deals accomplished. Then I will mysteriously vanish from the face of the earth, but secretly take over as GM of Detroit."

"How will you maintain this secret? Won't you have to do news conferences?" Fabrication News Network asked.

"Well, first I'll buy a suit....similar to batman's. I may or may not purchase a cape....that's still up in the air."

--FNN, Detroit 29 MAR 2010

ROTFLMBO!! :w00t2:

Not that I'm buying into this, but when exactly can trading resume in the NHL? I'm assuming it's once the playoffs end, but I'm not positive.

I believe it is July 1, when free agency starts.

A GM can talk to another GM (or to a player whose rights have been secured by the GM's own team) any time.

A GM can only talk to a player who is signed with another team after his (the player's) contract with that team is over, which is June 30 unless the player's team grants an exception, which usually involves some compensation.

Before June 30, players are still considered employees of the team for which they played that season. After June 30, players whose contracts do not extend into the next year are considered unemployed and can enter into talks with other teams.

That's the reason why July is such a big deal. It's not just that the new contracts are signed and announced, it's that the deals are made that lead to these contracts.

If Drapes and Osgood (who both have a year left on their contracts) are indeed going to TB, then it would be Holland on the plane home from Florida after meeting with Stevie. Those guys can only be traded for another year. They can't enter into a new contract until next summer (2011).

Of course, Draper has a NTC, so maybe Holland sent him down there to see how nice it is so he'll consider waiving it, and he sent Ozzie along so he would have someone to take to Disney World who would blend in with the other little cherubic faces known to grace the park.

Or maybe Draper just has a thing for Sleeping Beauty and needed Ozzie to give him moral support for when he actually met her. He should have brought Hudler and six of his relatives.

A GM can talk to another GM (or to a player whose rights have been secured by the GM's own team) any time.

A GM can only talk to a player who is signed with another team after his (the player's) contract with that team is over, which is June 30 unless the player's team grants an exception, which usually involves some compensation.

Before June 30, players are still considered employees of the team for which they played that season. After June 30, players whose contracts do not extend into the next year are considered unemployed and can enter into talks with other teams.

That's the reason why July is such a big deal. It's not just that the new contracts are signed and announced, it's that the deals are made that lead to these contracts.

Thank you for that explanation. I knew about the July 1 free agent thing, but wasn't sure about the rest. It just seems that there aren't too many trades happening during the season anymore (except around the trade deadline) so I wasn't sure if the rules had changed. Good thing Tampa hired Stevie for the GM job and not me. LOL :huh:

If Drapes and Osgood (who both have a year left on their contracts) are indeed going to TB, then it would be Holland on the plane home from Florida after meeting with Stevie. Those guys can only be traded for another year. They can't enter into a new contract until next summer (2011).

So, if Holland and Stevie were to work out a trade that would ship Drapes and Ozzie to Tampa, they would be under contract with Tampa until next summer, when their contracts run out, although Stevie could negotiate with them during the season for a contract extension. Yes?

Of course, Draper has a NTC, so maybe Holland sent him down there to see how nice it is so he'll consider waiving it, and he sent Ozzie along so he would have someone to take to Disney World who would blend in with the other little cherubic faces known to grace the park.

Or maybe Draper just has a thing for Sleeping Beauty and needed Ozzie to give him moral support for when he actually met her. He should have brought Hudler and six of his relatives.

ROTFLMAO!!! :lol::lol: That's funny! :hehe:

Thank you for that explanation. I knew about the July 1 free agent thing, but wasn't sure about the rest. It just seems that there aren't too many trades happening during the season anymore (except around the trade deadline) so I wasn't sure if the rules had changed. Good thing Tampa hired Stevie for the GM job and not me. LOL :huh:

So, if Holland and Stevie were to work out a trade that would ship Drapes and Ozzie to Tampa, they would be under contract with Tampa until next summer, when their contracts run out, although Stevie could negotiate with them during the season for a contract extension. Yes?

Yeah, I didn't get into the trade deadline- you can't trade a player for that season after that. I'm not sure how things work as far as draft picks and all of that.

Anyway, yeah, if Drapes and Ozzie end up in Tampa next season, it will be due to a trade (and Drapes has to waive his NTC). I'm not sure when Stevie could start negotiating for the season after that.

If a player has a multi-year contract, that player can be negotiated with any time on or after July 1st of the last year of the contract. If a player signs a one-year deal, then they have to wait until January 1st to negotiate for the next season.

I'm not sure what happens if you trade for someone in a multi-year deal.

Before anyone tells me that this isn't worth discussing, I agree that it probably won't happen with Drapes and Oz. At this point, I'm just thinking in the theoretical.

LMAO!! Couldn't read all the post, I'm on a Public WIFI, but there's no way Draper and Ozzie end up in Flordia THIS YEAR!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!

I think if we had a chance to get someone worthwhile in return for them, I wouldn't think twice about trading them. Just about everyone in the league is getting faster, younger, and stronger, and we're just not going to be competitive if we continue to let players that are older and largely ineffective finish their careers here just to be sentimental. I love Ozzy and Drapes, but they're not doing much for us at this point. Jimmy has clearly taken the torch from Ozzy and Helm, Eaves, and Miller basically made Draper invisible last year. If we could get someone worthwhile from trading one or both of them, I'd have no problem with it.

Edited by WMUCarGuy