• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
IILeiBlazeII

Wings sign Ilari Filppula 1yr/$500k

Rate this topic

Hes abit old to be called a prospect and I think his chances of playing for the wings is low, and being a regular part of the team next to impossible, too much younger forward depth in the way.

He just seems like a really nice guy and plays a smart great game of hockey. I hope to see him, Mursak, and Emmerton next season for the Wings full time. He's paid his dues over in Finland, seems to be a real professional team player, and is having no issues adjusting to the North American game.

Who are you trading or cutting for this to happen? There isn't enough room on the roster for all of them.

Who are you trading or cutting for this to happen? There isn't enough room on the roster for all of them.

Agreed. And I really dont expect to see Ilari get a spot on the wings roster over Mursak or Emmerton who i think will make it. I would actually be pretty pissed if he does.

Ilari is almost 30, we better not lose young prospects who are producing just as well as he has so that he can have a spot on the roster.

Guest Stolberg

ilari is waaay cuter than valtteri

Ilari is almost 30, we better not lose young prospects who are producing just as well as he has so that he can have a spot on the roster.

what if ilari is playing better than them

would you still bring up the young guys

Guest Crymson

It was bound to happen. The Wings didn't have any space for a player of his build and skillset.

Shhh don't say that!!!!!! Remember, it sparked a huge flamefest earlier!!!!

iFlip looked awesome in the preseason, and I wouldn't be surprised if he had near a PPG in the AHL this season.

64 points in 76 games. Pretty close.

He did an amazing job as a first year pro, it's a shame the Wings didn't have any room for him. All the best luck Goldfish!

Damn shame. Easily one of the best players in the AHL and fit in to the North American style from the first game. He'll be missed in Grand Rapids.

Thought he could have easily made an NHL team elsewhere in the league, but I guess for him it was with his bro in Detroit or nothing. Best of luck to him back in Finland.

:thumbup: