• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Zenon Konopka

Rate this topic

FinWing,did I ever make any bold statement about this Filppula kid?I already stated that I know little to nothing about this kid.Can you not read my Native English speaking text?

As for the personal attacks,I've noticed them during your arguments with other posters,not me.I can give a s*** less about what you think.You know more about Finnish leagues than the NHL,so why don't you go back to an FEL forum where you belong.

Thank you :)

REALLY MODS? REALLY?!?

This thread can go on and on like this, but I start a thread asking why threads like this keep going and why everyone on here is so pissy lately, in a light hearted manner and it gets deleted?

makes sense.......... :huh:

FinWing,did I ever make any bold statement about this Filppula kid?I already stated that I know little to nothing about this kid.Can you not read my Native English speaking text?

As for the personal attacks,I've noticed them during your arguments with other posters,not me.I can give a s*** less about what you think.You know more about Finnish leagues than the NHL,so why don't you go back to an FEL forum where you belong.

Thank you :)

I wasn't talking about you making a bold statement. But I haven't certainly made no personal attacks against you either. Can you dig out the posts where I make personal attacks towards some other posters and after than we'll see what your post history looks like?

I know more about the FEL than NHL, but that doesn't mean I don't know much about the NHL as well. This forum is open for everyone, I think. Maybe you should ease with the insults yourself...

...which is largely your fault, yes.

Wrong. If you're going to dog a user, at least get your facts straight. Regardless, this thread is so off track it's not even funny. sign Zenon and let him battle for a roster spot.

And signed that finnish plug Filpulla with no potential at 28 years old. Yeah he does make mistakes :cool:

How is signing a FEL playoff MVP for 500k two-way deal to GR which needs offense a mistake actually? Just because you don't like something about the player? Oh, I forgot... you know nothing about the player.

And I do know something about iflip. He's 28 so his potential is gone, and we don't need a player like him.

REALLY MODS? REALLY?!?

This thread can go on and on like this, but I start a thread asking why threads like this keep going and why everyone on here is so pissy lately, in a light hearted manner and it gets deleted?

makes sense.......... :huh:

They don't care. They seem happy to let the standards of this forum drag further and further down.

...which is largely your fault, yes.

Why is that exactly? I do make counter-arguments if I see they're needed. I wanted to end this pointless conversation yesterday, but you seem to want to continue, which is okay by me. I'm not the one who brought out Ilari Filppula's potential, which had nothing to with this thread. It was the thread starter actually.

I simply said that players who can't do anything else but fight are pretty useless in today's hockey. That obviously angered some of these guys here. I'm talking about guys who rather see a goal than a fight. Some of them probably even rather lose and see a fight than win.

They don't care. They seem happy to let the standards of this forum drag further and further down.

apparently... I politely asked that my Johnny Boychuk thread (typo - Johnnu) title be corrected 2 days ago and we have two concurrent Winchester threads that are YET to be merged... yet this thread continues to go on and my thread gets deleted instantly....

yea, that makes sense.....

Edited by stevkrause

Soooo how about that Jimmy Howard. Calder trophy winner soon?

This has the undertones of possibly being the most off topic thread in the history of LGW. Yet I am basically a newborn here, I can honestly say this has to be the case lol.

Either way. Go Jimmy!

This has the undertones of possibly being the most off topic thread in the history of LGW. Yet I am basically a newborn here, I can honestly say this has to be the case lol.

Either way. Go Jimmy!

hell, it's already so off topic and I like this direction a lot better than the one it was going in, might as well just fully derail it and turn it into a GO JIMMY HOWARD THREAD!

He sure deserves it, there certainly wasn't a rookie that was more important to his team this past season...

to get back on topic.....

Kenny stated he wants an enforcer.

Konopka makes the most sense because he can play defensively, take faceoffs, and play a regular shift. He should come at the minimum, although I could see him getting a slight raise ( but not much, were talking maybe 20k-50k). Seems like he fits the Red Wings mould perfectly. Sure I would prefer Asham or winchester but they will probably be in the 800k - 1.2M range which is a bit to pricey for kenny. I'm really starting to believe konopka will be the guy.

there certainly wasn't a rookie that was more important to his team this past season...

Yet the writers will continue to shove Tyler Myers 6'8" ass down our throat (hmm?) :blink:

Granted, he was pretty good and had logged a s*** ton of minutes and was quite vital on their blue line, Jimmy basically carried us middle of the year and barely had a hiccup. It's debatable, which is good for this site and this time of year with NOTHING happening but Brennan Boesch haha. We could even go and make this thread about Boesch too and would still be closer to the topic than we are now.

Yet the writers will continue to shove Tyler Myers 6'8" ass down our throat (hmm?) :blink:

Granted, he was pretty good and had logged a s*** ton of minutes and was quite vital on their blue line, Jimmy basically carried us middle of the year and barely had a hiccup. It's debatable, which is good for this site and this time of year with NOTHING happening but Brennan Boesch haha. We could even go and make this thread about Boesch too and would still be closer to the topic than we are now.

Howie and Boesch - Detroit rookie thread... I'm in, haha

Kenny stated he wants an enforcer.

Kenny stated that earlier already. What he said in that new quote is that he WOULD like an enforcer, but it may not be possible. The way I see it, is that he's not going after one after all. Of course he can say something and do something else, but I think that new quote obviously meant he's giving up on the enforcer thing.

I tell ya, I will take anyone to be the version of this kid right now. Crazy enough, the Wings need a rookie to step up just like this.

About the quote in your sig. Did Pav really said like that? :D That is both confusing and hilarious.

Kenny stated that earlier already. What he said in that new quote is that he WOULD like an enforcer, but it may not be possible. The way I see it, is that he's not going after one after all. Of course he can say something and do something else, but I think that new quote obviously meant he's giving up on the enforcer thing.

this quote, which is newer, begs to differ.

“Ideally, yeah, we’d love to go out and get an enforcer,” general manager Ken Holland said Monday. “But I can’t make one up. We don’t have one in our organization right now, so I have one of two choices. Either I trade for one or I get one through free agency.”

sounds like all us pro enforcer fans wish is going to come true :hehe:

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/ken_holland_would_like_to_get_an_enforcer/

“Ideally, yeah, we’d love to go out and get an enforcer,” general manager Ken Holland said Monday. “But I can’t make one up. We don’t have one in our organization right now, so I have one of two choices. Either I trade for one or I get one through free agency.”

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/hockey/comments/ken_holland_would_like_to_get_an_enforcer/

This was the quote I was speaking of: "You'd like to bring in a Brad May or an Aaron Downey-type player, but if it's not there, it's not there," Holland said. "If we can't fit it in, we would go without it. It's just impossible to address every single need in a cap world."

To me that sounds like he's giving up on the enforcer thing for now.

This was the quote I was speaking of: "You'd like to bring in a Brad May or an Aaron Downey-type player, but if it's not there, it's not there," Holland said. "If we can't fit it in, we would go without it. It's just impossible to address every single need in a cap world."

To me that sounds like he's giving up on the enforcer thing for now.

No it doesn't. He's saying he'll get one if he has the cap room for one.

Where did that quote come from? And how old is it? Because thats pretty damn good news to me. If he does want to sign a free agent enforcer, Konopka should be the guy. He'll be cheap, and provides some elements this team could use. Good on faceoffs, good defensively and the most active fighter in the NHL.

This offseason we have a choice between the most active fighter in the league or the scariest and toughest. Konopka or Boogard... I would rather Konopka.

He has a sentimental side :hehe:

He'll fight anyone which is something I like. If its a small guy running around like an idiot he'll stop them or if its another heavyweight like Neil that he hates he'll fight them

No it doesn't. He's saying he'll get one if he has the cap room for one.

I didn't say what it reads. I said what it sounds like. That quote is new and when you look at the older ones, those had him basically saying that he's going after some guy like that. Now he only says that he WOULD like to get one, but "if it's not there, it's not there".

This offseason we have a choice between the most active fighter in the league or the scariest and toughest. Konopka or Boogard... I would rather Konopka.

I'd easily take Konopka if he is like some you've said. I seriously don't see a guy like Boogaard a fit here. You need to do more than just fight out there.