• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Zenon Konopka

Rate this topic

In your opinion, who is the best enforcer in the NHL?

I don't really have an opinion for that. I think the best enforcer is the best player among enforcers, not the best fighter among enforcers. I can maybe do a little "research" to find out that later, maybe. But I don't have anything right now.

No we're not. There will be no Maltby. No Williams. No Lilja. No Lebda. Probably no Meech. There's going to be at least one and probably two more additions to the roster.

:shocking:

Uh, if the RFA's all re-sign, there will be NO more additions to the lineup. With Helm, Abby, Eaves & Miller all being qualified then add Ritola to the mix, we already have 14 forwards, so ya, it'll be the same team plus Hudler. Now if one or both of Miller & Eaves don't re-sign, then we're talking another addition form outside the organization, at least I think we are.... On defense, they will probably just re-sign Lilja so you are looking at the same top six that and same top 12 forwards that lost in the 2nd round, plus Hudler.... Yee Haw!

He can't be! HE'S NOT FROM NORTH AMERICA!

That's what I said!

You made my day with that comment. :D

Who was the last? I'm not so sure. Goalie Nicklas Backstrom came here pretty late. Rafalski wasn't draftet either. Franzen was drafted but wasn't a top prospect. These are just some examples.

Also, there's also something between being "excited about" and calling something "not needed". I never said I was excited about him either. Actually, I didn't even comment about him in this topic until you brought him up with that hilarious "we don't need this guy" comment.

"I base all my arguments on facts." - newfy

:DDD I seriously have to quote that.

Don't compare a goalie to a forward first of all. Rafalski was 26 with NA experience and Franzen was given time to develop in Europe after he was drafted then came had enough time to adjust to the game and has had a few good seasons. Unfortunately Mule probably only has a few more good seasons ahead before he starts declining. So you can pretend you base all your arguments on facts and that mine have no facts behind them, but until you show me a guy who came and played his first NA hockey at the age of 29 and went on to be anything even remotely decent then you have no facts to support that guys still have potential when they are almost 30.

I bet you wouldn't be saying he still has potential if we signed a Canadian playing in Europe at age 30 somewhere.

So you can pretend you base all your arguments on facts and that mine have no facts behind them, but until you show me a guy who came and played his first NA hockey at the age of 29 and went on to be anything even remotely decent then you have no facts to support that guys still have potential when they are almost 30.

I bet you wouldn't be saying he still has potential if we signed a Canadian playing in Europe at age 30 somewhere.

Franzen still had plenty of potential. Much like Datsyuk. We're not talking about Filppula being no where near the same kinda player as these two but potential is still potential - on a smaller scale as well. What is my argument according to you exactly? The one who started this conversation as well was you saying that "he can't have any potential because he's already 28". I only said he can still have potential. You can check my posts. I haven't said he has potential. It's that simple. I'm only questioning your arguments, because you haven't even seen this guy play.

About that Canadian example. Depends what that "somewhere" means. If he was from FEL it would be quite possible that I had seen him play so enough that I could say he has potential.

You are one to talk. :D

Sjostrom is a great penalty-killer and bottom 6 player. I really see no other reason for your comments except him not being from NA. You're the one who talks about Soft Europeans all the time, not me. "Soft skilled players like Sjostrom do nothing and are the most useless hockey players". That's what you said.

I'm the most follish poster? That's funny because I was just going to say the same thing about you. Seriously dude, do you even think a second before you post this stupid s***? Just line after line. Speaking about things you have no idea of. This one for example "Iflip is old and won't pan out to anything. " Pretty strong statement considering you have NEVER seen him play and you hadn't even heard about the guy few weeks ago.

You're the one who posts foolish s*** all the time and you're opinions are only based on what type of player we are talking about. Everything not NA and skilled is s*** and everything NA and tough is great. Seriously.

At least I try to base my statements on arguments, not just type some s*** without even knowing what I'm talking about.

Hey! Hey! Hey! Easy guys! We all know that I am the most foolish poster! :P

Franzen still had plenty of potential. Much like Datsyuk. We're not talking about Filppula being no where near the same kinda player as these two but potential is still potential - on a smaller scale as well. What is my argument according to you exactly? The one who started this conversation as well was you saying that "he can't have any potential because he's already 28". I only said he can still have potential. You can check my posts. I haven't said he has potential. It's that simple. I'm only questioning your arguments, because you haven't even seen this guy play.

About that Canadian example. Depends what that "somewhere" means. If he was from FEL it would be quite possible that I had seen him play so enough that I could say he has potential.

Yeah, every single player has potential, if thats what you've been saying when youre arguing with me then youre even stupider then I thought.

At 28 you can have potential but you have next to no chance to meet it because you haven't been trained in a real league long enough. Iflip has potential but he has next to no chance of achieving anything in the NHL and will most likely pan out to nothing.

There we can agree tot hat and stop this argument then?

Yeah, every single player has potential, if thats what you've been saying when youre arguing with me then youre even stupider then I thought.

At 28 you can have potential but you have next to no chance to meet it because you haven't been trained in a real league long enough. Iflip has potential but he has next to no chance of achieving anything in the NHL and will most likely pan out to nothing.

There we can agree tot hat and stop this argument then?

No, every player doesn't have potential. Lidstrom, Holmstrom and Draper for example. Those players don't have potential. Great way to turn the whole thing upside down.

So you can't max out your potential because you haven't been trained in a real league? Where do you come up with this? It could as well be that playing in the NA is the final step he needs to take to max out his potential. I just don't know where do you come up with this thing that players who come to the NA at later age couldn't max out their potential.

And you're speaking like he's 30. Hell, I say he's 26 then. That's still many years for improvement.

Edited by Finnish Wing

Don't compare a goalie to a forward first of all. Rafalski was 26 with NA experience and Franzen was given time to develop in Europe after he was drafted then came had enough time to adjust to the game and has had a few good seasons. Unfortunately Mule probably only has a few more good seasons ahead before he starts declining. So you can pretend you base all your arguments on facts and that mine have no facts behind them, but until you show me a guy who came and played his first NA hockey at the age of 29 and went on to be anything even remotely decent then you have no facts to support that guys still have potential when they are almost 30.

Makarov and Larionov? :ninja:

Edited by Buppy

No, every player doesn't have potential. Lidstrom, Holmstrom and Draper for example. Those players don't have potential. Great way to turn the whole thing upside down.

So you can't max out your potential because you haven't been trained in a real league? Where do you come up with this? It could as well be that playing in the NA is the final step he needs to take to max out his potential. I just don't know where do you come up with this thing that players who come to the NA at later age couldn't max out their potential.

And you're speaking like he's 30. Hell, I say he's 26 then. That's still many years for improvement.

He'll be 30 before he even has a chance at a regular spot in an NHL line up. And yeah Draper has potential with his speed too turn around next season and score some goals and be better then he was this year. And no he hasn't been trained in the best league in the world the NHL, and he hasnt played against the best competition. Anyways I'm done arguing with you since he's finnish and your boner for finnish players even when they don't have the potential to be good NHLers is ridiculous and you won't change your mind on this.

Back on topic:

I thought this video was pretty cool so you guys can take al ook and see what kind of player Zenon is and the other one he seems like a pretty cool guy.

He'll be 30 before he even has a chance at a regular spot in an NHL line up.

Anyways I'm done arguing with you since he's finnish and your boner for finnish players even when they don't have the potential to be good NHLers is ridiculous and you won't change your mind on this.

Whoever said anything about a regular spot in the NHL? We were talking about having potential.

Oh, so it's the Finnish argument again. Always use that when run out of arguments? You still haven't provided basically anything valid to back up that he has no potential. Why would I have a boner for him? Are you really so pathetic that you can't come up with anything better? "You have a boner for him cuz' his Finnish so everything you say is wrong!" I could as well say you have a boner for Konopka.

I'm just giving you some counter-arguments.

Is it annyoing someone questions what you say and you can just present your opinions as facts without any prove? I'm sorry, that's just the way it works. You were saying a guy you haven't even seen playing has no potential and I asked you to somehow TRY to prove it. Well, you kinda failed on that one. Must be real hard when everyone's not agreeing with you.

Edited by Finnish Wing

You really think Filppula Jr. Is gonna make it?they signed him to take Emmerton or Tatar's spot in GR.Now I don't know much about him,but he doesn't have any North American hockey experience whatsoever.Yes,he was successful in the FEL,but that doesn't always mean he's destined to be an NHL star.Ville Leino is a prime example of that.

You really think Filppula Jr. Is gonna make it?they signed him to take Emmerton or Tatar's spot in GR.Now I don't know much about him,but he doesn't have any North American hockey experience whatsoever.Yes,he was successful in the FEL,but that doesn't always mean he's destined to be an NHL star.Ville Leino is a prime example of that.

Now, where did I say anything like that?

I think Leino is doing okay at the moment.

Anybody who's looking for the Wings to sign an enforcer who will play regularly will be sorely disappointed. If the Wings bring in an enforcer, it will be an Aaron Downey/Brad May situation where they shuttle the player between Detroit and Grand Rapids.

Whoever said anything about a regular spot in the NHL? We were talking about having potential.

Oh, so it's the Finnish argument again. Always use that when run out of arguments? You still haven't provided basically anything valid to back up that he has no potential. Why would I have a boner for him? Are you really so pathetic that you can't come up with anything better? "You have a boner for him cuz' his Finnish so everything you say is wrong!" I could as well say you have a boner for Konopka.

I'm just giving you some counter-arguments.

Is it annyoing someone questions what you say and you can just present your opinions as facts without any prove? I'm sorry, that's just the way it works. You were saying a guy you haven't even seen playing has no potential and I asked you to somehow TRY to prove it. Well, you kinda failed on that one. Must be real hard when everyone's not agreeing with you.

I've said my point a million times. He will be getting his first play in the NHL when he is about 30. How much is he going to improve from age 30 until his body starts declining at about 32 or 33? I've said it a million times youre just too dumb to pick up on what I've been saying because youre busy going on about how I hate Europeans. Like someone said earlier Larionov did it, but thats different back then he had to play in the USSR, Flip Sr could've been drafted but he wasn't and is just coming over now.

He's been signed to center a line in GR and will likely hardly play in the NHL. Once he adjusts to NA hockey he will be fairly old and its hard tot each an old dog new tricks. That is why iflip hardly has potential.