• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ShanahanMan

Free Agency Thread

Rate this topic

I know it hasn't happened yet, I'm just saying I want it to.

The forward lineup I just posted is stacked. It doesn't look half as good if we sign some 4th line fighter scrub.

I would be very happy with a bertuzzi/abdelkader/cleary third line. Abby needs to be given a chance and he has underrated offensive potential. our top six would still be very good and that third line could score and cause some havoc.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

yes I meant, red wing

lucic-kreci-sturm/recchi

edit: not sure bostons lines but it be up there with modano/hudler/cleary and im sure there are other teams as well.

This would be true if Lucic really was on the third line. He wasn't and most probably won't be since Savard will be traded.

yes I meant, red wing

lucic-kreci-sturm/recchi

edit: not sure bostons lines but it be up there with modano/hudler/cleary and im sure there are other teams as well.

I'm not expert on Boston's lines/players either, but look at them a little bit if you put those players on the third line than their third line will be better then their second line. could you have a better third line? sure. But without sacrificing players from you top 6? If we sign modano we have one of the best third lines yet a still a very good top 6. We'd be one of the deepest teams in the league.

I would be very happy with a bertuzzi/abdelkader/cleary third line. Abby needs to be given a chance and he has underrated offensive potential. our top six would still be very good and that third line could score and cause some havoc.

It wouldn't be a horrible line, but it's nowhere near as good as Hudler/Modano/Cleary. You could even argue that we'd have one of the best 4th lines with Helm/Abds/Eaves.

End of the day, if we signed Modano we'd have one of the best bottom sixes in the league. If not the best. There is no way a rational person passes it up. Not even Bob Saget would pass it up.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Guest Heaten

You're a ******* idiot.Even Kenny has said over and over that he's looking for more grit and nastiness.But he must not know anything about hockey either :rolleyes:

To be fair, what Kenny says and what Kenny does is usually two different things.

Honestly, all the grinders I wanted in FA are gone (Boogaard, Kenopka, Nystrom) so i'd be fine with Modano if the price was good.

Exactly how I feel at the moment. I'm also extremely bored with how painfully slow things have been lately. Still some decent players out there and I'm interested to see where they end up.

Think if we offer Asham free Little Caesars for life he'll sign with us for cheap?

via Helene Elliott tweet,

Kovalchuk says no to Kings. Lombardi: “We took our best shot to meet his needs and the team’s.”

added 6:09pm, via Helene Elliott of the Fabulous Forum,

Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi said Sunday afternoon that the high-scoring free agent decided against joining the Kings, who had targeted him as the productive winger they urgently need and a marquee player who might generate some buzz around town.

“We took our best shot to meet his needs and the team’s,” Lombardi said in an email.

He would not elaborate on where the Kings’ offer fell short or where Kovalchuk might be headed.

Guest DatsyukianDeke13

Lilja needs to be top priority. He is too important to us on the PK. It is unfortunate that both sides are willing to go their seperate ways.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Exactly how I feel at the moment. I'm also extremely bored with how painfully slow things have been lately. Still some decent players out there and I'm interested to see where they end up.

Think if we offer Asham free Little Caesars for life he'll sign with us for cheap?

I think Kyle Wellwood would take that offer.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

NEED:Physical presence so the ballerinas like Hudler won't get pushed around and may be able to produce points here and there

OR

WANT:Something we have enough of

Hmmm.......

Uhh...you can't have too many scorers, but you can have too many fighters who can't play hockey. If they sign Modano they could play keepaway and not need a serious enforcer.

I think adding Modano and getting Abdelkader to drop the mitts more often could be the best option left. It would give Detroit some of the better forward depth and the league, and could allow lines to be juggled if necessary.

In terms of defense I wouldn't hate it if Lilja came back. Sutton's a pipe dream... I'd give Shaone Morrisonn a look, but I think he could be costly too. Exelby is a little more realistic. Someone like Jay McKee could come cheap and would block a ton of shots on the PK. There are still some solid options out there for a bottom pairing, defensive d-man.

via Helene Elliott tweet,

Kovalchuk says no to Kings. Lombardi: “We took our best shot to meet his needs and the team’s.”

added 6:09pm, via Helene Elliott of the Fabulous Forum,

Kings General Manager Dean Lombardi said Sunday afternoon that the high-scoring free agent decided against joining the Kings, who had targeted him as the productive winger they urgently need and a marquee player who might generate some buzz around town.

“We took our best shot to meet his needs and the team’s,” Lombardi said in an email.

He would not elaborate on where the Kings’ offer fell short or where Kovalchuk might be headed.

To the KHL me thinks that one goes.

Why is it that Kovalchuk is so heavily speculated to go to the KHL? He turned down a 12 year, $102M contract from Atlanta, he's got a 10 year, $100M contract from the Islanders sitting on the table now, and the KHL offered him a 3 year contract worth $42M. He hasn't signed any of them! What part of that screams greedy Russian to anyone?

Why is it that Kovalchuk is so heavily speculated to go to the KHL? He turned down a 12 year, $102M contract from Atlanta, he's got a 10 year, $100M contract from the Islanders sitting on the table now, and the KHL offered him a 3 year contract worth $42M. He hasn't signed any of them! What part of that screams greedy Russian to anyone?

It looks like Kovy is unsatisfied with the offers, possibly wanting more money. Realistically though, it could be that he is not happy with the teams who are offering.

Really we don't know which is the case until he makes a decision.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Why is it that Kovalchuk is so heavily speculated to go to the KHL? He turned down a 12 year, $102M contract from Atlanta, he's got a 10 year, $100M contract from the Islanders sitting on the table now, and the KHL offered him a 3 year contract worth $42M. He hasn't signed any of them! What part of that screams greedy Russian to anyoneplayer who simply doesn't want to play on a bad team, regardless of his nationality to anyone?

It looks like Kovy is unsatisfied with the offers, possibly wanting more money. Realistically though, it could be that he is not happy with the teams who are offering.

Really we don't know which is the case until he makes a decision.

That may be confirmed due to the fact that apparently, his only other options are the Devils and Islanders.