• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsFan1003

Trade idea between Wings & Hawks

Rate this topic

The Wings currently have 20 players signed and have approximately $3 Million cap space left since Holland always likes to keep a $500,000-$750,000 cushion under the Cap in case of injuries. The Blackhawks are shopping Patrick Sharp. He has two years left on his contract for $7.8 Million, a $3.9M cap hit per season. In 2009-10, he had career highs in points(66) and was plus-24. He has scored at least 20 goals in each of the past four seasons. The Wings have a surplus of forwards and could make a deal to land Sharp. Some forwards who are expendable include Dan Cleary($2.8M cap hit) and Mattias Ritola($566,667 cap hit), both who are signed through 2012-13. Also, Wings restricted free agent defenseman Derek Meech is expected to be signed and traded. His salary was $500,000 last season. Those three players' salaries total $3,866,667. Here is the roster and cap hits with the proposed trade:

Line 1: Datsyuk ($6,700,000) -- Franzen ($3,954,545) -- Sharp ($3,900,000)

Line 2: Zetterberg ($6,083,333) -- Holmstrom ($1,875,000) -- Filppula ($3,000,000)

Line 3: Helm ($900,000) -- Hudler ($2,875,000) -- Bertuzzi ($1,937,500)

Line 4: Abdelkader ($900,000) -- Draper ($1,583,333) -- Eaves ($750,000)

13th Forward: Miller ($650,000)

Defense Pairing 1: Lidstrom ($6,200,000) -- Rafalski ($6,000,000)

Defense Pairing 2: Kronwall ($3,000,000) -- Stuart ($3,750,000)

Defense Pairing 3: Ericsson ($900,000) -- McKee ($825,000)

7th Defenseman: Kindl ($883,000)

Goalie 1: Jimmy Howard ($716,666)

Goalie 2: Chris Osgood ($1,416,666)

2010-11 Salary Cap: $59,400,000

Total Cap Spent: $58,800,043

Cap Space Left: $599,957

Chicago is in dire straits with their cap issues. They would be acquiring three players for essentially the same salary as Sharp. Chicago, with the trade, would have 17 players signed for $59,253,257. Currently, the Hawks have 15 players signed for $59,286,590. The 2010-11 Salary Cap is set at $59.4 Million.

Jay McKee possibly could be an excellent replacement for unrestricted free agent Andreas Lilja, and will come cheaper than Lilja. A great shot-blocker and excels in a PK role, McKee tallied a goal and 10 points in 62 games with Pittsburgh last season. He also has size (6’4” 203) and isn’t shy about dishing out hits. He possibly is the defensive defenseman the Wings lacked last season without Lilja.

I like it but there are two problems well three really, Cleary has a NTC up until the trade deadline of 2012. Second Chicago isn't going to deal Sharp to someone in their same division let alone their own conference if you can help it, and finally it's pretty one sided towards Detroit aside from the income relief. But I like it.

:)

The lines would more likely be one of the following four setups:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Sharp/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Bertuzzi/Filppula/Eaves

Abdelkader/Helm/Miller

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Hudler/Sharp/Franzen

Bertuzzi/Filppula/Eaves

Abdelkader/Helm/Miller

Hudler/Zetterberg/Sharp

Filppula/Datsyuk/Franzen

Bertuzzi/Abdelkader/Holmstrom

Miller/Helm/Eaves

Hudler/Zetterberg/Franzen

Bertuzzi/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Filppula/Sharp/Eaves

Abdelkader/Helm/Miller

Guest Heaten

Ritola is going to be in the mold of Filppula. In my opinion, he should be untouchable.

I'm not big on Sharp. Cleary is a playoff beast when he's healthy... so I think you are giving up too much for one player, especially when Chicago is as desperate as they are.

The lines would more likely be one of the following four setups:

Please, Eva, realize that there is a difference between the lines you dream of and those that actually would have a shot at happening.

Edit: My gripe being, obviously, that although Babcock has personally said that he is going to be putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line, Franzen and Filppula on the second line and Hudler on the third line, Eva, insinuating he knows things, declares that the most obvious line combinations would go against everything Babcock has said by splitting up Z&D, Putting Hudler on the first line and Filppula on the third. If thats the way Eva wants the lines, that's fine, I respect his opinion. But acting like that is what is going to happen based on nothing and actually in spite of the fact that it goes against all evidence is simply asinine and I just cannot stand this prolonged erection Eva has for Hudler. Someone tell him to consult a doctor.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Ritola is going to be in the mold of Filppula. In my opinion, he should be untouchable.

I'm not big on Sharp. Cleary is a playoff beast when he's healthy... so I think you are giving up too much for one player, especially when Chicago is as desperate as they are.

ritolla hasn't done crap to prove he is untouchable. a couple mediocre season in the ahl thats it.

Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Holmstrom

Hudler/Sharp/Franzen

Bertuzzi/Filppula/Eaves

Abdelkader/Helm/Miller

Lol. Love it. I might switch Abby and Eaves, hoping that Abby finally gets his offense going.

Its a fun thought, but won't happen. I also don't like the idea of helping out/getting helped out by our biggest rivals.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Why on earth would Chicago make this deal? It would not be beneficial for them in any way. The whole point of moving Sharp would be to get rid of his 3.9 million dollar salary to help sign some of their RFAs. Cleary is essentially a Patrik Sharp Light, who makes 2.8 million. They both play with a good amount of grit, defensive responsibility, and versatility, however no one can argue that at this point and time that Sharp is not the better player. So essentially Chicago would be downgrading a guy to play the same role on a team to save 1.1 million, which would be eaten up by Ritola and Meechs contracts. If they would save any cap space, it would be very little, and seeing as they are getting the shorter end of the stick in terms of talent, there is no way and hell this is happening. Even if you got Cleary to waive his NTC, the Hawks are not going to make a trade with a rival in which they get worse end in all faucets of the trade.

In terms of hypothetical trades however, I would trade Cleary and a 1st for Sharp, in a deal I think the Hawks would be far more likely to accept. Granted, Clearly would most probably not waive his NTC, but just as a hypothetical idea.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Maybe CHI will have to buy out Sharp and then Sharp can sign a cheap one year deal.

While we're at it lets call up Jagr, and see if he wants to play for the league minimum. Hudler may need some help producing in the bottom 6.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Actually, what about trading Hudler for Sharp? CHI is more likely to bite on that one.

I wouldn't do it. I have a feeling that either this year or next year, Hudler is going to explode.

I wouldn't do it. I have a feeling that either this year or next year, Hudler is going to explode.

Let's hope not... if Hudler explodes we won't be able to afford him. How about a gradual increase in production? How long is Sharp signed for?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Let's hope not... if Hudler explodes we won't be able to afford him. How about a gradual increase in production? How long is Sharp signed for?

3.9 Million until 2012-2013.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Is it even plausible these days for DET and CHI, two division rivals, to trade with each other?

Most probably not, unless it would be greatly mutually beatifically to both teams. This idea would not fit under that category.

I didn't mean to derail the thread with that division rivals comment or anything. I was just wondering if DET and CHI would make any kind of trade these days or if it's something like Calgary and Edmonton (?) where they don't have any kind of transaction together for decades