14 replies to this topic

#1 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

http://www.hockeybuz...monds/125/29456

lol, don't believe that for a second as holland stated several times that "abdelkader and helm are going nowhere"

Edited by mindfly, 22 July 2010 - 05:16 PM.

#2 king_malice

king_malice

Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

ya i dont believe why give up Abby and who knows what else, when Johnson and Doughty are both FA next season, and if Lids does finaaly retire that opens alot of cap space to bring in possibly one of these guys or someone else.

#3 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:49 PM

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matthew-Barry/What-About-Doughty-Johnson-and-Simmonds/125/29456

lol, don't believe that for a second as holland stated several times that "abdelkader and helm are going nowhere"

We really need to make a new board strictly for Eklund/Eklund's cronies bulls***.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#4 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

They don't even spell the player's name correctly in that. :no:

#5 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

Well I'm not too sure who "Abdelkater" is, but I don't think Justin Abdelkader is going anywhere either.

#6 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 05:21 PM

I'd do it.

Posted Image

#7 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:54 AM

Holland already traded Avery for Schneider so I wouldn't be surprised that he trades Abdelkader. Me, I wouldn't do it - simply fact Abdelkader is young 3rd line center, who can score some goals (he need some PT otherwise he will not develop at full potential) and only player with balls who will fight.

Edited by Dominator2005, 24 July 2010 - 10:50 AM.

"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#8 sharkfan20

sharkfan20

Rookie

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

I wouldn't believe anything on that website.

Eklund and his colleagues has only got 3 percent right on the rumors thing.

And I don't think the Kings would trade the core right now. Jack Johnson and Doughty are legit.

Edited by sharkfan20, 24 July 2010 - 12:29 PM.

]"Some of the guys have got to become man- Nabokov"

Sharks in 2010?!

#9 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 03:14 PM

The last time ken holland did something unexpected was the signing of Hossa 2 summers ago, but we knew we had lots of cap space so it wasn't a complete surprise either...I have a hard time seeing Holland do any (wonderful) trades any time soon, that time has passed :(

#10 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

The worst part about that post isn't even the trade proposal...it's that you could bring in Jack Johnson to "replace Lidstrom when he retires"

Are youf****** kidding me?

#11 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:16 PM

The worst part about that post isn't even the trade proposal...it's that you could bring in Jack Johnson to "replace Lidstrom when he retires"

Are youf****** kidding me?

Hahaha!! Lids is irreplaceable which is a FACT. Would like Holland to go after some young defensemen this summer besides the ones mentioned. Dunno who's really available though...

#12 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hahaha!! Lids is irreplaceable which is a FACT. Would like Holland to go after some young defensemen this summer besides the ones mentioned. Dunno who's really available though...

Isn't Weber a RFA or something

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#13 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 01:20 AM

Erik Johnson
Marc Staal
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#14 luvmnger

luvmnger

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 01:19 PM

i personally think that ekman-larsson could be the CLOSEST to a replacement for lids.

that kid looks stellar.

check him out on the next phoenix game....PO-TEN-TIAL!
Dino Ciccarelli will always be #1

#15 puckaholic

puckaholic

Draftee

• 6 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:30 PM

Avery was traded because he's an asshat, not because the Wings don't like tough players. Avery's skill set is exactly what most teams spend a lot of time looking for, but he's not good enough to put up with his crap.