• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Stolberg

Penguins sign Arron Asham

Rate this topic

Didn't you get the memo? He's the missing piece to a Stanley Cup roster.

i know you are most likely just joking, but i did want to touch on this area. lots of people try and dismiss any claims that we would have benefited from asham. yet many of the same people talk about how critical dallas drake was to the 08 cup. obviously theres people all across the spectrum of opinions. however, i find it funny that a pretty wide majority of folks think drake was such a big part of the cup season, yet it seems a majority also feel a player very very similar in asham would be worthless.

i know you are most likely just joking, but i did want to touch on this area. lots of people try and dismiss any claims that we would have benefited from asham. yet many of the same people talk about how critical dallas drake was to the 08 cup. obviously theres people all across the spectrum of opinions. however, i find it funny that a pretty wide majority of folks think drake was such a big part of the cup season, yet it seems a majority also feel a player very very similar in asham would be worthless.

The Drake situation was a bit different. He was at the end of a career, came to Detroit in the hopes of winning one, and gave 100% every night. I guess they are the same type of player though. Of course, in 08 we didnt have Abdelkader-Helm-Eaves as our 4th line. That makes a big difference, and I think its fair to believe Modano will have about double the production that Asham will have.

Edited by cjm502

The Drake situation was a bit different. He was at the end of a career, came to Detroit in the hopes of winning one, and gave 100% every night...

Well, in the playoffs. We had a lot of lazy and he sucks posts about him during the regular season.