• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

stevkrause

Ritola will be traded or waived

Rate this topic

They said until noon today. It's 12:11 PM. So... He cleared?

Well, a claim could have been made before the deadline and it just hasn't been reported yet, so we won't really be in the clear until around 3pm if nothing has been announced... this is a good sign though that no reports have come out yet...

They said until noon today. It's 12:11 PM. So... He cleared?

via Bob McKenzie twitter

Tampa Bay claims Ritola from DET.

Edit: jeez I signed in to post this and no one reported it, then I post it and I got sniped by like 5 people.

Edited by PrairieDawg

The general consensus on Ritola was a hard working 3rd/4th liner correct? I thought he was a more than capable NHL'er and undoubtedly would be on other NHL teams but for the Wings I just didn't see him being necessary. Also I wasn't as impressed with his current ability as many on here seem to be. I understand he has more potential than a Miller or Eaves but I don't think this is the worst move ever, its a casualty of the business and of having a ridiculously deep team. Congrats to Stevie, that should shore up some questions on their bottom 6.

Mofo is going to be motivated as hell and take those "he didn't take the puck to net" criticisms to heart. I'm not saying he'll be a point machine. I just feel some of us will be like, "Damn... We sure could have used that guy". Especially if someone f***s up.

Done deal. Yzerman wins. Ritola is gone.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2010/10/tampa_bay_claims_mattias_ritol.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

"DETROIT -- The Tampa Bay Lightning, with new general manager Steve Yzerman, have claimed forward Mattias Ritola off waivers from the Detroit Red Wings."

I think I have just had my second negative thought about Steve Yzerman, hopefully he takes Maltby with him as well.

Maltby could actually play night in/night out on that squad on the 4th line and killing penalties, not to mention the leadership he would bring to that clubhouse... to be honest, I'm still surprised they didn't sign him as a FA, unless they contacted him and he expressed a desire to stay in Detroit, or retire (which I think may have been the case)

Either way, good luck Ritola and TB!

Either way, good luck Ritola and TB!

I agree. It's too bad things didn't work out here but hopefully he has a good year there. Believe it or not the Wings organization would be flattered to see guys that they helped develop do good in other places. It only breeds respect (not that the organization needs anymore) to have guys excel elsewhere. ie. Leino and hopefully Ritola.

Seems like Tampa was the only team interested in him. Either that or they are early in the waiver draft order. So early that Kenny couldn't make a deal with them.

Prior to November 1st, waiver wire priority goes off the previous seasons standing, so they actually are pretty high on the order right now...

Just checked and they're 6th on the order... so, that's pretty dang high...

Edited by stevkrause

Prior to November 1st, waiver wire priority goes off the previous seasons standing, so they actually are pretty high on the order right now...

Just checked and they're 6th on the order... so, that's pretty dang high...

How do you know what the order is?

Guest Heaten

I think I have just had my second negative thought about Steve Yzerman, hopefully he takes Maltby with him as well.

Maltby can stay in Grand Rapids. Take Draper instead. I'm disappointed Ritola is gone, i was sooo looking forward to watching him in the big league this year (in red and white)