• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/12 GDT: Avalanche 5 at Red Wings 4 (SO)

Rate this topic

That's game. Wings s*** the bed in the final two periods defensively and just didn't capitalize on their chances in OT, leading to Yip to score in the SO, sealing the game 5-4 Avs. Howie gave up too many goals for someone of his talent, the defense (Janik especially) sucked some rather nasty cock, and our shooters in the SO couldn't fall off a boat into water even if they were in the middle of the Atlantic.

Guest Crymson

Thanks Howard.

Soft goals galore after the second.

Ah, yes. The season has begun, and so has the entitled whining of Doc Holliday. Unsurprising.

Neither team played very well; I'm not angry with the one point.

And here comes the onrushing whinefest.

It was an OT loss. Give it a rest.

So whine about the whiners... two negatives don't make a positive.

Now look what you've done... I'm whining about a whiner whining about whiners. Do three negatives make a positive?

Our D looked awful tonight.

Edited by Broken 16

i really cant believe a team that has so much skill cant score one f***in shootout goal! are you kidding me? when is our first line gonna show up? kicked ass in the preseason then vanished. howie played fine with his defense giving up 38+ shots. 2nd line is the only line that is working. cleary is good cant say much about modano he had a nice back check. huds is blah. disappointed

Edited by brett

Ah, yes. The season has begun, and so has the entitled whining of Doc Holliday. Unsurprising.

Don't be such a wannabee mod.

No one is saying we're sunk. People are just upset we didn't show up and still suck at shootouts as always.

Guest Crymson

So the team isn't good at shootouts. Wow. Fortunately it's very good at other things. Stop expecting perfection.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Thanks Howard.

Soft goals galore after the second.

Janik plays a little defense and the game does not end up tied.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

I don't believe that to be me at all. I actually had hope and promise for the team last season.

Considering you tend to get on your high horse on a continued basis, you should honestly get over yourself.

The team was bad, and playing against a Colorado team that was on the back end of back-to-backs, they should have done much better.

Janik plays a little defense and the game doesn't end up tied.

I'm sorry, where did I excuse Janik's play?

Edited by Doc Holliday

Guest Crymson

Don't be such a wannabee mod.

No one is saying we're sunk. People are just upset we didn't show up and still suck at shootouts as always.

I don't think that what I said was something that a mod would say.

Edited by Crymson

Howard did all he could, there is no excuse for not scoring on 5 breakaways on Budaj.

Thought the Avs deserved this one anyway would have liked the Wings to steal it but hey ill take the point.

GO WINGS!

Now I know why I didn't get excited about all this "Wings are the team to beat" BS that I've been hearing. This team looks just like last years version. Lazy play against a team that should be ******* gassed after last nights game. They'll finish middle of the pack simply due to the familiar lack of killer instinct.

Never ceases to amaze me how a line up of some of the most talented players in the league can not score for the life of them in a shootout. Oh well.. Mule and Motown came close with the cross bars... and ofcourse Yip had to score the winner.. Something about that name just bugs me.

Anyways, Datsyuk and Z looked good tonight. Franzen did what Franzen does. Modano still looks like he is coasting half the time but wasnt that bad.. Jimmy wasnt that impressive... but oh well.. a point is a point. If this game had of happened last year it probably would have been 4-1 Avs. Atleast the Wings can score again.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

I don't believe that to be me at all. I actually had hope and promise for the team last season.

Considering you tend to get on your high horse on a continued basis, you should honestly get over yourself.

The team was bad, and playing against a Colorado team that was on the back end of back-to-backs, they should have done much better.

I'm sorry, where did I excuse Janik's play?

Blame the team, not the goalie. Go edit your post.

Edit: I see that you already did. Nice back tracking.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!