• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heaten

Kindl looking good

Rate this topic

Good point, Ericcson was great in his first stretch of games and we all know how long that lasted. We will just have to wait and see if Kindl can continue playing the way he has, and I hope he does.

Well to be honest I wasn't making a point I was really asking. I remember watching him and thinking that he didn't look out of place but I didn't watch him enough to notice anything as far as fundamentals go.

Well to be honest I wasn't making a point I was really asking. I remember watching him and thinking that he didn't look out of place but I didn't watch him enough to notice anything as far as fundamentals go.

Ahhh, I gotcha. I dont really remember all the details of Ericssons play from 08-09, but I do know I was impressed as hell especially come playoff time. The way Lids and E played for a portion of those playoffs was the kind of defense we could only dream to have throughout the whole season.

Fundamentals is an interesting aspect. I don't mean to turn this thread into an Ericsson versus Kindl debate but did E show good fundamentals in his first set of games as a Red Wing?

In that playoff stretch he really dazzled playing North/South but I can't say that he stood out to me in the defensive zone. His problems to me seem to be size related - he is good when he has his knees bent and is skating, but when he is trying to hold the offensive blue line or the front of the D- net he is too upright and because of that has slow first strides and has to rush decisions with the puck.

Guest Heaten

Kindl has been playing well, and I am very impressed with him so far. As of right now, I think he'll become a solid NHLer. That said, by no means am I giving up on Ericsson... I think he'll get it together, and i wouldn't be surprised to see Holland re-sign him before the playoffs begin.

Kindl has been playing well, and I am very impressed with him so far. As of right now, I think he'll become a solid NHLer. That said, by no means am I giving up on Ericsson... I think he'll get it together, and i wouldn't be surprised to see Holland re-sign him before the playoffs begin.

I definitely think Ericsson should be re-signed. Think about it, there's still a chance he may end up being a solid defenseman. If we resign him cheap we at least keep a 6th D-man who may someday turn into something much better. That's better than getting rid of him and having him suddenly turn out great. We put up with Lebda for years we can run with Ericsson for a while to make sure of whatever he is.

kindl looks like lids on the PP. hes got great offensive side, joins the run, makes smart first passes, has a nice shot, and makes smart plays. but by all means he is no lids in the defensive zone. i think he will develop into quite the defense men

I definitely think Ericsson should be re-signed. Think about it, there's still a chance he may end up being a solid defenseman. If we resign him cheap we at least keep a 6th D-man who may someday turn into something much better. That's better than getting rid of him and having him suddenly turn out great. We put up with Lebda for years we can run with Ericsson for a while to make sure of whatever he is.

Seems like Ericsson could be the odd man for a while if Kindl continues to outplay him. Not to mention Smith waiting in the wings too. I'd like to see a new experiment. Turn a defensemen that was once a forward back into a forward and give him hardcore boxing lessons. That would be fun.

Edited by Broken 16

Guest Heaten

Seems like Ericsson could be the odd man for a while if Kindl continues to outplay him. Not to mention Smith waiting in the wings too. I'd like to see a new experiment. Turn a defensemen that was once a forward back into a forward and give him hardcore boxing lessons. That would be fun.

Not if the Lidstrom-Ericsson paring wasn't just a fluke. I like that pairing better than Lidstrom-Stuart pair.

Lidstrom-Ericsson

Kronwall-Rafi

Stuart-Kindl

Salei

Edited by Heaten

kindl looks like lids on the PP. hes got great offensive side, joins the run, makes smart first passes, has a nice shot, and makes smart plays. but by all means he is no lids in the defensive zone. i think he will develop into quite the defense men

I agree with you. Although, Kindl was making some really smart plays in the defensive zone. Little plays that kept the team out of trouble. He is 100 times smarter then Ericsson on D, and he doesn't panic. But like others are saying, E could still turn out to be a solid 4th, 5th, or 6th D man. But I think Kindl will easily be top 4, possibly 2.

Not really. But that's hardly a knock on Kindl.

so far he's been shaky at times, but overall good for a rookie defenseman transitioning to the NHL.