• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pat

Zetterberg Slowing Down?

Rate this topic

Zetterberg Slowing Down?  

233 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Zetterberg is posting good points. Can't be too quick to judge on a player like Z. Looks like if he keeps up his current pace he will be on route to a season with total points in the 90s. Also, if Detroit can get their PP going then Z's pace will get a boost as well!

Don't underestimate the beard!

i cant complain with his points but i miss 42 goal zettaa

So do I.

Maybe it's simply because teams defend him that much harder. Maybe it's because his desire isn't as insane as it was. Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

Right now, I'm not as overly excited with Z as I was but that's okay for now. If the Wings win and I have to adjust to watching a slightly different kind of Zetterberg then I'm sure his biggest fans including myself will adjust over time.

Guest Stolberg
Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

didn't he say recently that he wanted to score 50 eventually

Guest Shoreline

This is a really dumb poll. When I found out it was made 4 games in, that made it even dumber.

In 4 years of posting you haven't got used to that? :P

Soon as the Wings face the slightest bit of adversity there's always a group of people who want to throw players under the bus. The joys of bandwagon and knee-jerk. ;)

So do I.

Maybe it's simply because teams defend him that much harder. Maybe it's because his desire isn't as insane as it was. Maybe he just wants to be a playmaker. I'm not sure.

Right now, I'm not as overly excited with Z as I was but that's okay for now. If the Wings win and I have to adjust to watching a slightly different kind of Zetterberg then I'm sure his biggest fans including myself will adjust over time.

That's the thing though...with the current state of the team, he doesn't need to be 42-Goal Z like he once was. This is by far the most balanced and potent team the Wings have had since the lockout, and with that comes reduced ice-time for stars simply because its not needed. Guys like Z shouldn't be getting insane amounts of minutes as long as the team stays healthy and continues to get balanced scoring. We all knew coming into the season that the Wings were deepest team up front and its showing. Babs isn't about to overly stick Z out there to pot a few extra goals because it will wear him down in the process. The more leads the Wings rush out to, the more were going to see the 3rd and 4th lines, and with good reason.

In fact, I'm quite impressed with the Z-D-H lines' production thus far *given* the balanced scoring attack the Wings have shown these first 16 games.

I don't care what anyone says. Hank is a goal scorer. I want to see him score goals. Let Pav make the plays.

Pav is finally using his shot and Hank is passing better than he ever has. Logic states the pair is better with them both being shooters and passers rather than one or the other. Hank's game has evolved and so has Pav's. Balance between the two will be far more effective than the former scenario.

I don't care what anyone says. Hank is a goal scorer. I want to see him score goals. Let Pav make the plays.

What does it matter??? Both play two-way, score, are play-makers, and on the same line. Let them feed off each other... Points are points last time I checked

Edited by Rivalred

Surprise, surprise. One bad game and here they come.

Well, no, not really. I was just asking a question. Just because he may not be playing with the same energy in the past doesn't necessarily mean he's playing bad.

Does he appear to be playing with a little less vigor than he showed in 06-07 and 07-08?

Thankfully, I haven't been able to see the last couple of games to warrant if this is valid. But from what I've heard/read, we haven't been playing very strong as a whole as of late.

Edited by lookalive07

With Z hanging out in the top ten in scoring and being a Selke contender, it's not unreasonable to consider him a contender to actually be named for First or Second team in the postseason; the catch being that he has been playing both LW and C all year.

The interesting thing, though, is that it is possible for Zetterberg to get voted in on the all-star teams at both positions. The key to that trick would be receiving a significant portion of first place votes, and the remaining votes split up fairly evenly among other contenders, with at least three competing well for the second place votes. Add in Sharp, Kopitar, Crosby, Loui Eriksson, Rick Nash, and you have a group of guys which under the right circumstances over these last ten-twelve games could put Z in that unique spot.

Not quite sure what people are trying to get at here. Yes, he has slowed down a tad. Players do that once they get older and have a nagging back issue that is clear on the ice. Fact is, he DOES outwork most players on the ice, plays against the top line all the time, and yes, takes the most shots on the team or close to being most in the league but has become more of a setup guy with the linemates he has been paired with. Plus, honestly Wings fans you can't say you want to knock the guy for shooting the puck when that is the knock on a lot of players on this team. He is the next captain of the Red Wings and in the last 25+ years that says a lot for what the educated brass of the Wings think of him.

I'm obviously partial to Zetterberg, but when I see that a guy who's "slowed down" is still top 10 in league scoring and one of the best two-way forwards in the game, I'm OK with it. Am I concerned with his lack of goal scoring/shooting? Absolutely. He's been hanging onto the puck too much and playing on the outside perimeter. I also feel that once the post-season hits he's going to go all out.