Sign in to follow this  
zata40

Ducks new jersey

Rate this topic

Yep, bad idea. Next!

Btw, what's on the shoulder patch?

The old logo, with the new colors.

anathrsec.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285953372306

I know it's tiny, but it's the best I could easily find.

What I'm trying to figure out is what these new logos have to do with a duck? Looks more like a "D" or a flying comet, in which case, Anaheim Comets? Anaheim Dorks?

It's a "D" (for Ducks) that is shaped like a Duck's foot, while trying to look mean/hip/cool/aggressive.

Guest mindfly

Are there lots of ducks in anaheim?

Alot of team's have more logical choices of a logo... wings' with the winged wheel representing motor city for instance... hmmm

Guest Shoreline

I guess that makes some sense. I kinda like their jerseys just not in the Halloween colors. Old purple or purple and green would be better. Admittedly, I kinda wish their shoulder patch and logo were switched around to better represent their team.

Edit: And yes, mindfly, there are a lot of Duck species in California, but especially the Socal and upper Norcal regions. Since you've only followed hockey for a few years (as in close to your forum join date -- it's obvious the more you post), I'll let you in on a secret about the Ducks. They got their name from a Disney movie.

Edited by Shoreline

Are there lots of ducks in anaheim?

Alot of team's have more logical choices of a logo... wings' with the winged wheel representing motor city for instance... hmmm

They used to be known as the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, named after the movie franchise (since they were owned by the Walt Disney Company). When Disney sold the team, the new owners quasi-renamed/rebranded the franchise to the Anaheim Ducks.

Guest Shoreline

I gotta listen to some music before titanium gets that @#%ing Duck Tales song stuck in my head the entire time I'm at work.

:lol:

That song will be in my head for the rest of the day. Oh I miss my childhood dayz.

Why don't they just change the team name? What's Anaheim known for? Tourist business right? So... Anaheim Tourists? Yeah that sucks too.

I don't know. But I look at that logo and I think, "Why aren't they trying to go for the classic, time-tested quality that's within the logos of the Red Wings, Maple Leafs, etc.?

Guest mindfly

I've seen the mighty ducks film's with emilio estevez etc but how the f*ck can they name an nhl team after a movie...geeeeeeze

Guest Shoreline

I've seen the mighty ducks film's with emilio estevez etc but how the f*ck can they name an nhl team after a movie...geeeeeeze

It's been almost 20 years. If you've been a fan this long and even seen the movies with the very same logo the Ducks had for years it shouldn't be that surprising in 2010.

The more I think about the jersey the more I think it cold be so much worse. It could have been a bright orange jersey with ugly strips. Though I wouldn't mind seeing their normal jersey with the D on it.

I don't mind the duckfoot D as the primary logo, it's less busy than the "Ducks" one. But the striping sucks! I'm sick of the Reebok template jerseys, they're horrible looking. If it wasn't worn in the 80s or before, it's usually crap. I'm glad to see so many teams going back to, or at least adding a third resembling, their old-school unis.

Pay homage to the original Ducks jersey (Thank you Mr. Ducksworth) and keep within the boundaries of the reebok template.

I think the reason they can't use their original logo is because Disney owns it. When they sold the team, they kept the rights to the name and logo, hence why they're just the Ducks now.

As for the new jersey, it looks like the Ducks' and Flyers' jerseys hooked up after a night of drinking, and this was the result...

Edited by ACallToArms

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

its certainly not bad

but its also not that great either...could be sooo much better <_<

sooo...how many more teams are left to unveil 3rd jerseys? just columbus?

**cough NHL 11 3rd Jersey Code cough cough** :hehe:

I think the reason they can't use their original logo is because Disney owns it. When they sold the team, they kept the rights to the name and logo, hence why they're just the Ducks now.

As for the new jersey, it looks like the Ducks' and Flyers' jerseys hooked up after a night of drinking, and this was the result...

That isn't true. The team was bought therefore the rights to that logo were also bought.

The only reason they changed everything was to create a new identity and because the majority of Ducks fans wanted a change.