• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

10/23 GDT: Ducks 4 at Red Wings 5

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!

wow. Kronner did get him a bit with the elbow. That could've been a penalty.

He got him with the shoulder first but threw the elbow.

Throwing an elbow and extending your arm after the hit are two different things. If any contact was made with the elbow it was incidental at best.

Can't believe Stuart thought it was a better idea to cover the guy BEHIND THE NET instead of Ryan in front.

Ryan was wide open, but he was out by the faceoff circle. I'm not sure that was STuart's man.

Throwing an elbow and extending your arm after the hit are two different things. If any contact was made with the elbow it was incidental at best.

But I think his elbow got Selanne in the chin. Shoulder then elbow.

How could you possibly tell it was incidental? Even if it's after initial contact, if you throw your elbow out and it clips a guy in the chin, that's a penalty.

I think that periods should only be 19 minutes long, rather than 20. That way the Wings don't have to worry about giving up a goal in that last minute.

Then the Wings will just pack it in after the 18 minute mark :P. But in all seriousness, that sucking f***s like all hell.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

But I think his elbow got Selanne in the chin. Shoulder then elbow.

How could you possibly tell it was incidental? Even if it's after initial contact, if you throw your elbow out and it clips a guy in the chin, that's a penalty.

I can tell because Kronwall led with his shoulder the entire time and then extended his arms out after the hit. That's not throwing an elbow. If anything, the camera angle makes it look like the elbow made contact when it quite possibly might not have.

The Wings will win 75 games a year if the NHL ever changes 20 minute periods to 19 minute periods.

I think that periods should only be 19 minutes long, rather than 20. That way the Wings don't have to worry about giving up a goal in that last minute.

Whoa....the coveted simulpost. JINX.

wow. Kronner did get him a bit with the elbow. That could've been a penalty.

He got him with the shoulder first but threw the elbow.

the elbowing motion was moot, the hit was with the shoulder, kronwall always throws his arm out on hits like that, it is clearly not an elbow

Guest Stolberg

kronwall left his feet too

NUH UH IT WAS JUST LIKE THE MOMENTUM AND IMPACT OF THE HIT HE DOESN'T LEAVE HIS FEET :ranting:

I can tell because Kronwall led with his shoulder the entire time and then extended his arms out after the hit. That's not throwing an elbow. If anything, the camera angle makes it look like the elbow made contact when it quite possibly might not have.

I'm not gonna get into a long debate. I'm just saying it was borderline.

If the situation was reversed and that was Visnovsky popping Datsyuk in the chin, it might not be so clear it wasn't an elbow.

1 minute to go and i thought i saw it coming..

Very unnecessary goal to get right at the end of the period.

Why were two wings trying to check a duck over the boards AT THE BLUELINE while the other quacks shove it in.. beyond me.

Nice effort ..not much gain But we will win this one i am sure of it ! LGW

Guest Stolberg

Even better, in consecutive games... Eriksson in Dallas, Hanzal in Phoenix, Backlund in Calgary, and tonight Ryan.

i think maybe they should study some video