99 replies to this topic

#61 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

I asked you a question.

You made the claim I ran away to HF and suddenly now I'm back, despite being active here during the playoffs and offseason, not to mention the entirety of the regular season.

And I don't even remember what we were arguing about last season.

I only remember because of your avatar. You defended Osgood as being fine and regaining the starting position and blah, blah, etc. to ad nauseum levels. After it was obvious you were wrong on our debate you were no where to be found for quite a while, except over at HF where I also read. The poster here that has a white fat cat for his avatar will remember the arguments as well because he also participated. Sorry don't remember his user name. There was like 2 different topics that were massive amounts of posts.

Edited by Pucks, 01 November 2010 - 05:47 PM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#62 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I only remember because of your avatar. You defended Osgood as being fine and regaining the starting position and blah, blah, etc. to ad nauseum levels.

I will guarantee you right now I never said that.

After it was obvious you were wrong on our debate you were no where to be found for quite a while, except over at HF where I also read. The poster here that has a white fat cat will for his avatar will remember the arguments as well because he also participated. Sorry don't remember his user name. There was like 2 different topics that were massive amounts of posts.

Well, I was here during the playoffs, offseason, and preseason, so you are full of s***.

Posted Image

#63 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:24 PM

Sorry man but your posts just continue to fail. I can't even figure out what your trying to argue? You said Shawn Matthias is a lemon? Your just flat out wrong, he's a fine young player learning his way in this league. He's currently centering the 2nd line on his team. What you or anyone think he was supposed to be matters not. I'm not discussing that trade or the Ritola waiver, I'm saying the guy is NOT A LEMON

He's nothing remarkable. That's a lemon. And the only reason he's currently centering the second line is because the team is short on skilled forwards. Utterly so!

More pearls of wisdom from Doc...lmao! How's that discussion going we had last year regarding the goalies? You were wrong then, like usual. You ran off to HFboards for a while to escape. Now your back, good luck.

Hey, it's "no U!" Ah, yes... it's the standard tool by which Internet kids can avoid addressing an argument.

#64 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

Get a room you two.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#65 Pucks

Pucks

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

I will guarantee you right now I never said that.

I guess I could look it up but I'd rather stick a pencil in my eye then bother with it. I knew you wouldn't man up anyway so no biggie.

Well, I was here during the playoffs, offseason, and preseason, so you are full of s***.

I guess it was just a coincidence then, It was not important to our current discussion anyway. Everyone Doc is on record agreeing with Crymson that Shawn Matthias is a lemon and not a good player. To me the guy looks like a 2nd or 3rd line center.

This s*** is so off topic now lol, quick everyone go back to talking trash about Ritola, now that he's gone.

He's nothing remarkable. That's a lemon. And the only reason he's currently centering the second line is because the team is short on skilled forwards. Utterly so!

Hey, it's "no U!" Ah, yes... it's the standard tool by which Internet kids can avoid addressing an argument.

Wow! please use google next time to translate your posts. Kid, Hmmm I'm much older than you obviously. Let me help you out here. Nothing special = average, Lemon = faulty....understand? like your car.

Edited by Pucks, 01 November 2010 - 06:39 PM.

Welcome to the playoffs....where the games get better and the officiating gets worse.

#66 KonstantAdvisor

KonstantAdvisor

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:37 PM

It's the salary cap era, you are going to lose decent players, especially when the Wings are as deep as they are.

This right here. Ritola was looking at a very scaled back role in Detroit, whereas he has played at least a couple shifts with Stamkos on the PP in TB already. The point being he was too good to retain for next season if he was going to see limited playtime this season.

Name a play in which Modano fired the puck on net instead of pass it, other than his goal. All his shots, when he does, have been very weak.

A 'weak shot' is pretty subjective, and Modano gets played like a guy who has scored 500+ goals and has lots of tape to review. When shooting lanes close because you're a known threat, you pass or you get a weak shot. He's still a playmaker, maybe lost a step from being fastest on the ice, but faster than Larionov or Hull, I think, and he worked a lot harder skating in the pre-season games than many others this year - that's where I give the benefit of the doubt.

Ritola is definitely a loss in potential, but that potential wasn't necessarily breaking out in the pre-season. He is in a better position to show his stuff in TB now, because he wouldn't have had the same opportunities for risk/reward in Detroit this season.

#67 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Wow! please use google next time to translate your posts. Kid, Hmmm I'm much older than you obviously. Let me help you out here. Nothing special = average, Lemon = faulty....understand? like your car.

Aye. First I'm accused of using a thesaurus in order to deliberately write intelligent-sounding prose, and then I'm alleged to be a foreigner with a knowledge of English so insufficient that I'm forced to use Google Translator in order to convert my posts into that language. Interesting.

In how I'm using it, lemon = unremarkable.

#68 Broken 16

Broken 16

Bonecrushing Blueliner

• Gold Booster
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Aye. First I'm accused of using a thesaurus in order to deliberately write intelligent-sounding prose, and then I'm alleged to be a foreigner with a knowledge of English so insufficient that I'm forced to use Google Translator in order to convert my posts into that language. Interesting.

In how I'm using it, lemon = unremarkable.

So you are using it wrong. There wouldn't be a lemon law for cars that are unremarkable. In fact, the opposite. Now you know.

Edited by Broken 16, 01 November 2010 - 08:04 PM.

#69 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

This s*** is so off topic now lol, quick everyone go back to talking trash about Ritola, now that he's gone.

The sentiment here now that he is gone isn't much different than when he was here. He was an invisible depth forward who occasionally did something good.

Also in the future, if you are going to attack a poster's character, try to back it up next time.

For those people arguing the definition of the term "lemon" (really guys?): One that is unsatisfactory or defective

There, I googled it for you all.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 01 November 2010 - 08:06 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

The sentiment here now that he is gone isn't much different than when he was here. He was an invisible depth forward who occasionally did something good.

Also in the future, if you are going to attack a poster's character, try to back it up next time.

For those people arguing the definition of the term "lemon" (really guys?): One that is unsatisfactory or defective

There, I googled it for you all.

LOL you had to Google it. I'm glad to know this got so far off. When i think of Lemon, I think of crappy or Vodka.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#71 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 12:35 PM

After 11 games, Ritola still has that one goal and one assist. He has eight hits and four blocks, he averages about ten minutes per night on the ice, and he's a -5. He has averaged about two minutes per game on the power play, but he as of yet has nothing to show for it. He has no shorthanded TOI.

Nothing very special.

#72 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 01:17 PM

Nothing very special.

Yet. :P

#73 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

That's what this thread was going to be immediately when the subject was not solely about giving kudos to Ritola.

Congrats Mattias! :clap:

In 4 games he has 1G, 1A.

Real smart decision to kick this guy out to sign Modano.

Congratulations for doing that. :thumbup:

Mike Modano signing has very little or nothing to do with Ritola not being for the Wings. This is largely about your personal hatred for Modano which is ridiculous, that is largely why you bought it up.

I wouldve liked to have kept Ritola here too, cool. But Modano is not to blame. How about Jiri Hudler preventing Ritola a roster spot huh? Drew Miller? How come you aren't playing the blame game with them?

Ritola had his chances for remaining a Red Wing didn't pass the test. That's not the fault of other players, that's not management's fault, that's Ritola's own doing. Management's job is not to cater to the needs of Ritola.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to bring Modano up in this thread from the start.

-----

Congrats to Ritola for getting his first NHL goal and I hope he does well in the future. That SHOULD be the topic at hand.

#74 Doggy

Doggy

Meanwhile...

• HoF Booster
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:24 PM

Congrats to Holland for getting rid of the dead-weight.
Rough as guts.

#75 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

So Ritola is doing about as good as Red Wings $2.9 million dollar Hudler and $1.7 million dollar Modano? Guess we have no buisiness throwing rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weights" that value almost $5 million dollars a year....

#76 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:54 PM

So Ritola is doing about as good as Red Wings $2.9 million dollar Hudler and $1.7 million dollar Modano? Guess we have no buisiness throwing rocks at glass houses when we have our own "dead weights" that value almost $5 million dollars a year....

So two points vs 5 and 6 points respectively (not counting the fact Hudler spent a year in the KHL and Modano spent his career in Dallas prior to this season) is "just about as good"?

Good to know.

Posted Image

#77 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 04:03 PM

So, good job for Ritola so far.

Sure, bad job for Hudler and Modano for not doing as well so far.

They still have little or nothing to do with Ritola leaving, or people like you are trying to make more out of them having to do with Ritola leaving.

Again, Ritola's lack of show in the preseason was the result of him leaving.

Management's job is to field the best team possible out there, and Ritola didn't cut it. And spare me the bits that will eventually come from this that "WE SHOULD NEVER QUESTION MANAGEMENT!!!!!!"

And also spare that Ritola didn't get a fair shot because he was injured a bit. While unforuante, life isn't fair sometimes. If life was fair, he'd still be on the roster, I'd be a multi-millonaire retired at 30 years old and live in a 5-story mansion. Ain't happening though. Mgmt. can't delay the start of the season to wait for Ritola to heal up and get the same amount of games in and they have to make personnel decision to put the best product on the ice as possible.

A guy loses his job for watching too many movies on the Internet, he blames the peanut butter jelly sandwich he ate for not being crunchy enough the day he got fired. See how ridiculous that sounds? There's no correlation between the actions.

Just like there is little/no direct corrleation for solely blaming Modano, Hudler or any other player with Ritola leaving. You all wanted Ritola to remain here? Cool. Don't make inaccurate claims that blame other people for him not staying. That's the stupid part.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan, 17 November 2010 - 04:04 PM.

#78 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:09 PM

So two points vs 5 and 6 points respectively

Pretty sure Hudler and Modano played more games so far this season..... let me look it up.... Yup, sure enough, Ritola has played less games so far this season. Also lets take a look at their respective salaries. Combine almost $5 million for Hudler and Modano vs $500k for Ritola. Mhmmm, if that doesn't put things in perspective, then I don't know what to tell you.

(not counting the fact Hudler spent a year in the KHL and Modano spent his career in Dallas prior to this season)

Hudler spent 3 full seasons in the NHL, so you can't use the KHL thing as an excuse. The guy has a whopping 5 points and is a -5 while playing on the 2nd and 3rd line with better talent. Lame excuse my friend. Modano is washed up and should have retired.

is "just about as good"?

Yes, just about as good. Since when is 3 point differential such a big difference? But with the salaries perspective, that's like what a $887,000 dollar difference per point for Hudler? You can correct my math if you want, but you should get the point.

Good to know.

Glad to help. :thumbup:

#79 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 05:31 PM

Hudler and Modano have been on the up and up lately, while Mattias Ritola faithfully remains Mattias Ritola.

And while the two former players' early season struggles are worthy of criticism, when we step back and look at the big picture a few months from now I think it will be hugely obvious which set of players is more productive.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#80 ricky0034

ricky0034

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

Pretty sure Hudler and Modano played more games so far this season..... let me look it up.... Yup, sure enough, Ritola has played less games so far this season. Also lets take a look at their respective salaries. Combine almost $5 million for Hudler and Modano vs $500k for Ritola. Mhmmm, if that doesn't put things in perspective, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hudler spent 3 full seasons in the NHL, so you can't use the KHL thing as an excuse. The guy has a whopping 5 points and is a -5 while playing on the 2nd and 3rd line with better talent. Lame excuse my friend. Modano is washed up and should have retired.

Yes, just about as good. Since when is 3 point differential such a big difference? But with the salaries perspective, that's like what a $887,000 dollar difference per point for Hudler? You can correct my math if you want, but you should get the point.

Glad to help. :thumbup:

Datsyuk costs an extra 442,852 dollar difference per point more than Ritola!

what a waste,we should trade him for Ritola to save cap space