57 replies to this topic

#1 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:01 PM

All-Star Fan Balloting

So the NHL announced 100 players that fans will get to vote on for the ASG. The following Red Wings players are : Rafalski, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen

They're all pretty awesome players. But come on, they couldn't add Howard in the list of 18 Goalies? I know he isn't top 5 material as of now or anything... But I still think he should be there instead of the likes of Giguere, Fleury and a few others :rolleyes:

#2 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:05 PM

The only team with more possible selections are the Hawks and they're the Cup champs. Leads me to believe that if you wanted Howard involved that it'd have to be at the expense of one of the five listed.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#3 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

All-Star Fan Balloting

So the NHL announced 100 players that fans will get to vote on for the ASG. The following Red Wings players are : Rafalski, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen

They're all pretty awesome players. But come on, they couldn't add Howard in the list of 18 Goalies? I know he isn't top 5 material as of now or anything... But I still think he should be there instead of the likes of Giguere, Fleury and a few others :rolleyes:

Niemi and Fluery? :blink:

Well we'll just have to write Jimmy in :cool:

#4 Namingway

Namingway

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

The only team with more possible selections are the Hawks and they're the Cup champs. Leads me to believe that if you wanted Howard involved that it'd have to be at the expense of one of the five listed.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Either way I still think Marc-last place in Save% and 38th in GAAndre Fleury shouldn't even be there :P

Edited by Namingway, 12 November 2010 - 04:09 PM.

#5 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

All-Star Fan Balloting

Sounds to me like the as good a reason as any to start a viral online campaign to get Howie on as a write-in... who wants to make the Facebook page and start spreading it to different boards? Where's the nightmare on helm street blogger guy? This sounds like something he should start...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#6 ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:13 PM

so what will be the names of the two teams?

Team Fantasy vs Team Lottery? :ph34r: :hehe:

#7 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:45 PM

How the hell does Howie get left off the list?

#8 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:51 PM

How the hell does Howie get left off the list?

I was wondering more about Kronwall.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#9 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,621 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

hmm.. Semin didn't make it for Washington ? wtf is this list.

#10 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:11 PM

WTF....RJ Umberger? Ed Jovanovski? Bryan McCabe? Dan Hamhuis? Dustin Byfuglien?

This list is all kinds of f***ed up.

#11 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 09:13 PM

I'm rather steamed about Howie and Kronner both not being on the ballot. Proof again that the All Star Game is a misnomer. Were I Henrik, Pasha, Nick, Johan and Brian, I'd say "F**k you!" and take the days off; go off on vacation to some nice sunny resort somewhere. Beats spending anytime in Raleigh. Believe me, I've been there, and it sucks.
Posted Image

#12 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:27 AM

But if I understand right the NHL will pick other players too. So I believe these are the players the fans vote on.

#13 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:20 AM

WTF....RJ Umberger? Ed Jovanovski? Bryan McCabe? Dan Hamhuis? Dustin Byfuglien?

This list is all kinds of f***ed up.

I think they made the list beore the season started which is FUBAR. Why the hell would they do that? Another example of a screwed up league. The Montreal fans will stuff the ballot box anyway.

The All Stars shoud be picked by the players and coaches. 1 ballot per person, all write ins since letting the fans vote as many times as they want from a list that is created before the season starts is just plain stupid.

Can't the NHL do anything right?
Do or do not. There is no try

#14 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:08 AM

Howard...an all-star... far from it, get real guys.

#15 Hossa4Life

Hossa4Life

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:30 AM

No one is saying that he should be on the team but he is much better then many that are on the list. He should at least be an option.

But I must be off, I have some jerking off to do. Oh btw I like to consider myself extremely attractive and am proud of myself for being your intellectual superior as I am going to UofM next year, and I am a better hockey player than Crosby.

Posted Image

#16 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

But if I understand right the NHL will pick other players too. So I believe these are the players the fans vote on.

I think they will all come from the list of 100 regardless. The fans choose 6 players, one per position, and then the NHL chooses the other 36 from the remaining candidates.

Misleading title. Voting doesn't open until the 15th.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#17 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

I think they made the list beore the season started which is FUBAR. Why the hell would they do that? Another example of a screwed up league. The Montreal fans will stuff the ballot box anyway.

The All Stars shoud be picked by the players and coaches. 1 ballot per person, all write ins since letting the fans vote as many times as they want from a list that is created before the season starts is just plain stupid.

Can't the NHL do anything right?

They clearly didn't make it before the season; Byfuglien is listed on defense.

Regardless, those players don't belong on the All-Star ballot whether it was made before the season or not. Umberger would be fighting for a third line spot in Detroit at best, he's plays a part-time second line center role in COLUMBUS. Detroit has probably six forwards who would be better choices than RJ. and the four defensemen I listed would be no higher than fourth; perhaps even lower.

This is with Kronwall and Stuart not on the ballot, as well as guys like Ian White, Alex Edler, Christian Ehrhoff, Tyler Myers, Lubomir Visnovsky, Keith Yandle, Adrian Aucoin, Dennis Wideman, or Pavel Kubina. Take note that Jovo is the #3 defenseman in Phoenix behind Aucoin and Yandle (and was last year, also) and McCabe is the #2 behind Wideman. Hamhuis is the #4 defenseman in Vancouver behind Ehrhoff, Edler, and Kevin Bieksa.

Byfuglien is the only player who isn't really an obvious mistake when compared to his current team. He's the #2 defender behind Enstrom (also listed) and he's playing well this season. I don't think he deserves to be listed ahead of most if not all of the guys I mentioned earlier, but he's not an absolute joke like the other four.

I just mentioned those five because they stood out to me as far as players who didn't belong.

#18 rbkhockey43

rbkhockey43

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

hmm.. Semin didn't make it for Washington ? wtf is this list.

I was wondering the same thing
Posted Image

#19 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 03:24 AM

lmao...Fluery?....seriously?..

We need someone thats tech savvy to make a bot to ramp up the Howard write ins.

Edited by Original-Six, 14 November 2010 - 03:27 AM.

#20 cr00d

cr00d

old school

• PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

Price - 16GP - 10-5-1, .923 save percentage, 2.18 goals against
Howard - 11GP - 9-1-1, .921 save percentage, 2.15 goals against

I bet you think price is an all-star though, don't you?